Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas... it's practically here

This season of Christmas has whooshed by me it seems.  Not like it's over yet... but maybe it has something to do with being preoccupied with a little one.  First little H arrived, Thanksgiving, recuperating, back to school, catching up in school, and now finals.  All the while, I've tried keeping up with my folders upon folders of new pictures I've taken- like I said earlier, pictures have officially begun to stress me out.  That still doesn't stop me from snapping hundreds in an afternoon though (well if something fun is going on..or Hyrum looks cute during his nap- that's every nap).
my living room panorama
Anyway although this next week will STILL be consumed with all things not-Christmas, I've been making an effort to sit back and notice the holiday before it's completely over.  Somehow our tree got put up in all the madness and it's worked out for us so far.  (what does that even mean, you ask?) We got our tree from Home Depot for the 3rd year in a row and were a little nervous from last years rotting tree experience.  But this year we got a Noble fir (one of my favorites!) and the needles don't brown and snap as fast as they do with the Douglas, the kind we always get.  Plus they have a stronger tree-scent so I love them.  Yup.
12-1-10 Christmas tree (70)
12-1-10 Christmas tree (57)
Of course there goes Brody-always running- darting out into the street and ignoring our time-out threats completely.
12-1-10 Christmas tree (52)copy
12-1-10 Christmas tree (51)
12-1-10 Christmas tree (28)
B was a HUGE helper this year.  He was loving decorating!  Although he kept putting his ornaments on the same branch.
12-1-10 Christmas tree (15)
I always put the tree lights on, works out nicely that I like it and Tony hates it.  Thanks for the baby's first Christmas stocking mom.
12-1-10 Christmas tree (37)
12-1-10 Christmas tree (43)
12-8-09 (23)[4]
12-7-10 decorations (4)
Tony and I are funny.  We have old old ornaments from our childhood (mostly my childhood) that adorn our tree.  One of these days we'll have what we call a "hotel Christmas tree" where everything matches and it looks all professional.. but for now I rather like my colorful, old school tree.  Especially my cute carousel ornament from MY first Christmas.  I can't believe it's survived a quarter of a century.
700px

And DATE NIGHT!  Something festive.  Yes, I realize- I'M SPOILED ROTTEN!  I have a 3 week old baby and I'm hitting the town for hours on end with my handsome husband.  (Made possible by my awesome sister-in-law and pump machines.  *Moo.)  Don't worry- in few months time I will have no luxuries like this... no wonderful family members to lend a babysitting-hand.  *sigh.  I'm not going to think about that right now though.  Nor can I tell you yet WHY that is.  Muahhahaha.
shirt
I AM however very pleased with myself- see this date-night-outfit?!  I made that shirt!  Well no- ALTERED IT.  When I bought it, it had these crazy bat-sleeves (I call them).  The shirt was cute already but I kinda felt like I'm not edgy enough for it- so I made it more "me".  The sleeves connected from the top of the shirt to the bottom of the shirt- hard to explain and somehow my picture of it got deleted from my phone.  Sorry no before and after.  Anyway, I removed the sleeves going to the bottom of the shirt and made them cute little sleeves that ended at my elbow.  I'm in love with this shirt- plus, it's a dressy step-up from my sitting at home nursing shirts.
12-10-10 Date night (5)
(Notice that wet blotch on Tony's shirt?  I assured him spit-up dried clear...how LONG it takes depends on how much water you drench it in though, Tony.  Haha!  He naturally blamed me for him looking like a foolish person.  Ha! Sucker)

Our date was a blast we continued our Christmas tradition of seeing "A Christmas Carol" at the Hale Theatre Centre.  We bought our tickets back in October or something- we were pretty excited haha.  And after went to Chipotle where we got free drinks since it was late and they ran out of meat.  I just have to say just how much I freakin LOVE my husband.  He's the most hilarious guy I've ever known- and he's hot- so yah.  It's amazing being married to that guy.
12-10-10 Date night (4)
It snowed after!  baha

21 lovely comments:

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

what an awesome date! I want to watch the play (: You look so beautiful, you don't look like you had a baby recently haha lucky! (:

Erica Ann said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like you're totally getting into the Christmas season! So many fun activities! AND your boys are adorable. AND you look amazing having only a 3 week old! You're so skkiiinnnyy!

Ashley Eliza said... Reply To This Comment

so fun! christmas activities are the best. i too put up old ornaments on my tree :)
oh and ps i totally have that shirt and i call it my bat shirt. i was laughing when you said that!!!

good luck with finals

xoxo

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

Dude!! Ok just to clarify...i wanted to change my shirt! But you told me to just wash it off with water and it would be dry by the time we got there. So i did, and then you told me to put MORE water on, so i did! you screwed me good Costanza!

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

Cute tree! And I love your shirt-I've altered a few of mine. I hate when they ruin a shirt with good potential. Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands :) Oh and that play looks cute! how fun!

Autumn Lynn said... Reply To This Comment

Brody looks like a handful and you don't look like you just had a baby.

I am glad you were able to get a night out with your hubby. There was a girl in my major and I felt like I should offer to babysit for her...she hadn't been on a date for six months with her husband away from home (the age of their baby)!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

Oh Connie I adore you. And booo lemme get my date-night babysitting time in while I can ;) And :(

I love you. Next week, Sprinkles date? I'll bring it to you. In-service Natalie catering. Badabing!

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks for pausing to take time to remember the season. I will have a new blog soon, sometime this week--I will let you know. Great Post---Brody's personality comes out in each picture. So far, Hyrum is the balance---but don't get too comfortable---I am sure he will be all boy too! Love, Mother

fernandflora said... Reply To This Comment

1. Your Christmas tree is so cute!
2. Your baby is sweet as pie.
3. You look INCREDIBLE. Never would have guessed you just had a baby.

City Girl said... Reply To This Comment

Your kids are absolutely adorable! Congratulations on the new baby! Glad you're all enjoying the holiday season. I really love your tree, and am impressed with how you were able to alter your shirt. It looks awesome!

elsie said... Reply To This Comment

alright, you've got the best blog ever! love love love your header!! ♥

Jaime said... Reply To This Comment

Yay for date nights! ;) And lovely Christmas tree & decorations.

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

There is NO WAY you just had a baby. You look great!!

Mama Katie said... Reply To This Comment

As everyone else has said, you look fantastic!!!! I love the picture of you and Tony behind your tree all lit up from the star. So pretty. I dunno how you keep it all together!

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

Connie you look FANTASTIC!!! seriously! did you even have a baby? where is the leftover belly?

Heather said... Reply To This Comment

Yay for a date night! I love your shirt, adorable. :)

Brooke said... Reply To This Comment

gosh your family is adorable! I'm so glad you got to go out and get a quick break. I love your tree too! GORGEOUS!

JMay said... Reply To This Comment

I can't believe you are a Mom of 2, you look amazing girl!

Your tree looks great btw!

PERRIS said... Reply To This Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
poor tony.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

I didn't tell him to put MORE on- I said he should wet it a little since it "wasn't coming off"... I didn't know he already wet it! It was just poor communication (;

Meri said... Reply To This Comment

Cute cute "super" pictures!