Thursday, November 4, 2010

Worst feeling ever

On Halloween night while playing the card game
 hand and foot with Tony's parents,
I told them the story of the first time I saw my ring.
Just in case they forgot.. cause I know they've heard it.
It just goes to show, 4+ years later I'm still giddy about it- it's one of my 
most prized possessions.  

Sure, it has monetary value but SERIOUS sentimental value.
What I love is Tony picked it out and bought it when we'd only been together
for just a couple months- those months being a long distance relationship, even..

I remember it clearly...
After he proposed, I couldn't see a darn thing.
We were up in the hills and it was pitch black
 so instead of try to make it out, I decided to wait till we got in the car.
He opened my door, I got in and sat for what felt like eternity with my other hand covering it....
I was SO giddy and something came over me, I couldn't wait anymore- I ripped off my hand and looked for the first time at the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen.  
I GASPED out loud and my jaw dropped and I couldn't stop smiling.  
Lucky for me, Tony saw the whole thing through the front windshield when he walked around the car.
He got in, we kissed and stuff and I'm pretty sure I teared up.
I apologized for not being able to wait to look at it with him there (I REALLY TRIED too!)
He didn't care, he was just happy I loved it and we were ENGAGED!
I lie not, I stare at that ring EVERY.DAY. 
It reminds me of so much we've been through,
and of all the years ahead. 
It's a tiny object that reminds me each day of how we came together
and keeps those old memories fresh in my mind.

I know it's just a thing but it matters to me so much.
Tony picked it out and customized it for ME.
It was all HIM and that's why I love it so much.
It's the best gift I've ever been given!

So.
Last night I made pizza- took it off- and left it on the counter
I made a literal mental note WHERE it was.  I usually don't do that.
I take it off so frequently since it has so many little places to get stuff stuck in it
So off it goes when I cook, apply lotion, carve pumpkins, shower, you name it.
I'm usually more of an airhead and "misplace it" easily, since I take it off a lot
...but I soon find it.
So you'd think the time I actually paid attention, It would be there.
Not this time...
We tore the house apart till 3:30am and since I got up it's all I've done.
It's GOT to be here but I can't help but think it's down a drain and out of my life forever.
And that is really the worst feeling ever-
I have to find it... I NEED to.
I'm sick of crying today...sorry to be a downer.

24 lovely comments:

Marissa said... Reply To This Comment

Oh no!! It's a Catholic thing but when I pray to St. Anthony I always find what I've lost. Maybe give it a try?

I hope you find your ring soon!!

Ashley Eliza said... Reply To This Comment

oh my goodness! This makes me sad. i hope you find it! its beautiful!!

xoxo

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

My dad once took apart our sink to retrieve a diamond earring for me...and he's on this side of town today...

I know how terrible it feels to lose that, the fear, the crying, the gagging, the asking people to move their cars and inspect their tires...
I really hope you find it. Losing it is something you don't forget about, and a guilt you don't let go. Call me if you want some help.

T+C=N said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my gosh! I go into a serious panic attack when I dont know where my ring is! If it fell down the kitchen sink you can unscrew the pipes under your sink and it should be in there! Rings usually cant make it past that area because they are too heavy! {I speak from experience here!} TRY IT!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

horrible :( hope you find it!

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

Oh no, Connie... I really hope for you that you will find it as soon as even possible. I can only imagine how aweful that feeling has to be.

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

oh my goodness..i hope you find it!!

Monica said... Reply To This Comment

~***Man Alive =( I don't know what I would do if I lost my ring. =( You will find it...I'm sure you will. It's prob. sitting comfortably where you last left it (wherever that is). Good luck =)***~

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

That story about your engagement/ring was so cute but now I'm sad that it's missing! I hope you find it. Say a prayer!

richelle jean said... Reply To This Comment

ahh!! i hope/pray you find it!!

Hil said... Reply To This Comment

Oh how I feel your pain! I am so sorry! When we moved, I misplaced my ring for a day or so. We ended up finding it in a pair of pants. Go figure. I will be praying you find it soon!

Pia said... Reply To This Comment

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you find the ring soon!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

Pray :) If you're meant to find it, you will. Have faith and trust that Heavenly Father has a plan..even for your ring. I love you. Text me when you wake up!

Jamie said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, I literally know the feeling all too well. My great Aunt Essie left me her wedding rings when she died and I was 11. My Grandma didn't even give them to me until I turned 18 to make sure I was responsible. I always promised that those would be my wedding rings one day b/c they meant the world to me. Years later and Preston i'm convinced did something to them. For almost a year I have prayed and cried looking for those rings. Nowhere! I pray you find them b/c I know how bad it hurts! I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

pray.

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

oh no, that is horrible, I hope your find it soon...

Lace said... Reply To This Comment

Poor baby! I am crossing my fingers that your ring finds it's way back to your finger soon!

Novelista Barista said... Reply To This Comment

omg!!! u will find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have faith!!!!!!!!

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

Oh no!! Ill say a prayer!

Erin said... Reply To This Comment

Ba! Good luck! That is definitely the worst feeling and the most frustrating thing!! I'm sorry! Good luck!!!

Autumn Lynn said... Reply To This Comment

I couldn't find my ring for a whole day once and I spent most of it frantic and crying. I had to go to class and I was worried someone might hit on me or anything awkward. It meant so much to me, how much work Devin had put into this, and the visual reminder of "we are getting married soon."

I understand how you feel.

Tunes & Spoons said... Reply To This Comment

Oh no oh no oh no!!!! I am so sorry! That is so awful, I know you have prayed to find it, but ill say a little prayer too ok? Good luck friend!! I really hope you find it!

Heather said... Reply To This Comment

Hope you find it very soon!!

Gooseberried said... Reply To This Comment

Girl, I'm so sorry! That's horrible! I know exactly how you feel. I love my ring so much that the thought of loosing it kills me. It took my husband and I a long time to be able to even afford my ring...oh, all the payments we had to make. My attachment is closely related to love. :)

I hope you find it soon!