Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This just in...

You bet I cried.
But more importantly I prayed in thanks.
Wow all the prayers that were said for this little thing...
and not just by ME, so thank you family and friends.

If you want to know how the mystery was solved here's the story:
(or you can just read the pictures if you have a pressing appointment, I thought of those people) (;
Exactly one week ago today my ring went missing.  The day before we had plans to take a trip (I'll get to that post, promise).  Well, Tony had a test and I had doctors appointment so we ended up not going.  We decided we'd go Thursday instead.  But Wednesday night I couldn't find my ring and spent all night and the next day looking for it.  So the trip didn't happen.  I started to think we just shouldn't go on the trip- that maybe all this stuff keeps happening cause it was a bad idea to go.  But friday rolled around and I knew one thing- I HAD to get out of this house.  My eyes were never averted from cracks and baseboards- I couldn't just walk into a room and not start checking random places.  I was a mess.  I needed an excuse to laugh and get out.  So Friday we went.  When we came back alive and in one piece I was a little suprised to be honest- lol.
Saturday..
Sunday..
Monday...
Tuesday...
all pretty sad.  I checked every nook and cranny and nothing!
Wednesday (today):
I slept in, ate food, and got ready to go to the temple.  I know not everyone who reads my blog is Mormon- so just know the temple is a place of peace for me, it's the house of the Lord.  I go as often as I can which ends up being once a month...I knew the longer I waited I wouldn't get to go this month since a baby could be here any time now.  I usually go with Tony but went solo today since we wear out our babysitters a lot.  Anyway, it gave me more opportunity to pray and think.  I left feeling good about life- I really have no reason not to feel that way- ring or no ring.

And so then I met the boys for lunch, got home, edited some pictures, and we went to the mall for Yankee Candle Christmas scents (somehow winded up with two other bags of stuff since Charlotte Russe has powers over me).  When we got home, I wasn't in the mood to look anywhere.  I resolved that today I was done looking and if it found me, I would consider myself lucky.
But..
after we put Brody to bed I thought: the only place I hadn't checked in the whole house was the far back of my closet.  I told Tony the day before I was going to look in there because knowing Brody, if he got ahold of it, and heard me coming, he would chuck it somewhere so I didn't think he ever got to it and he wouldn't get in trouble.  But that seemed so random- so I didn't capitalize on that possibility till I ran out of other ideas.  I don't understand for the life of me why he would be afraid to get caught though- I'm seriously so lenient with him when he gets into stuff, I tell him nicely what he did wrong!  Whatev.  I'm a monster to him, I guess. (;

So I started with Tony's side and worked my way around to my dresser.  Days before I had already checked in my shoes rack closest to the door, and nothing.  So I didn't bother to double check that- but I would if it came to that.  Then I checked in my stack of organizer drawers next to it and... nadda.  I did find a tootsie roll pop though, score.

Lastly, I pulled out my shoes rack tucked in the VERY deep back corner of my black-hole closet.  Like it would end up there, but what the hay.  I went to the first pair on the rack and I noticed a little silver object slide slightly in my peripheral vision.  *tears *disbelief *prayer *run to tony (I almost forgot what it looked like)
Anyway my suspicion WAS true.  Brody chucked it.  He HAD to because we have a baby gate on our closet... he never gets in.  (Can you believe this house did not have a door on our closet!)
(and of course through the baby gate)
What a blessing to find it!

That stinker!  But, we realize... he's two.  I think we'll have a chat in the morning but he's not busted... just needs to be taught how sad that made mommy.


And anyway how could I bust this precious gift from above...
How funny is this- last month sometime he came up to me and started saying, 
"say cheese!... click!... I took your picture!"
OH.  mygawsh.
(he built that himself)
My little man the photographer!  
Hopefully those who read this know the relevance of that UH.dorable. moment.. but if not, it's cause...
well, I dabble a bit in photography.

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!  The lost is found!  Life is good!!!!! Back to editing!! (:
my ring

24 lovely comments:

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

So glad you found that beautiful ring!! :)

Bree and Bryce said... Reply To This Comment

Yay!! So happy you found your ring. What a relief!

Hil said... Reply To This Comment

YAY!!!!!!!

mike said... Reply To This Comment

that is certainly great news!

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

so random! But I'm glad you found it! And that's cute he made his own little camera :)

The Clarks said... Reply To This Comment

Oh yay! So glad you found it.. what a little stinker.. got to love 2 year olds! :)

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

oh i'm so so so happy for you!!! :)

Erica Ann said... Reply To This Comment

Yay! I prayed you would find it and I'm so happy you did! (not that MY prayer had anything to do with it, I know you said plenty on your own haha) Brody is simply adorable

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

Glad you found it!

Brooke said... Reply To This Comment

YAY! So happy you found it :D

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

WEEEEEEEE! SOOOOO EXCITING! I love how you gave us the play by play :)

What a little stinker! But an adorable stinker!

So happy for you!

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

I am so glad you found it... now you are whole again, right? =)

Oh those little kids... one day the car keys at my hostfamily's house were missing... we were looking for them all over the house - turned it inside out. Nothing! But a couple days later while cleaning up the toys I found it in one of her little purses. I asked her what those car keys are doing in there... She said: "I'm a mom and moms need keys in their purses when they go to work!" Well, how could we forget to look in her purse... she always played "mom" and "going to work" =)

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Holy cow!! That is so amazing! I'm glad you found it. And yes, Brody looks way too cute to get mad at. ;)

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

oh my gosh, that is wonderful news!! I am glad you found it (: awe Brody is gonna be a cute photographer (:

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Yea!!! That is fabulous that you found it! What a blessing. The day you went to the temple of course... isn't it funny how things work sometimes...

Allie (Learningtobefrugal.com) said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so glad you found it. It's such a beautiful ring.

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com

Tatiana said... Reply To This Comment

Yay! Such a huge relief! I was getting scared you'd go in to labor stressing about your ring and still not finding it before Hyrum came...! So glad you found it. Ok you can have the baby now. :)

Lyndsay said... Reply To This Comment

So glad you found your ring, I lost mine a short time ago and was a wreck! Finally found it wedged in the foot of the bed. My niece got ahold of it, little stinker!

Kathleen said... Reply To This Comment

Oh I'm so glad you found it, that's fantastic!

Jenni said... Reply To This Comment

So glad you found your ring!!! That is just TOO funny!! What a relief!!!

Tunes & Spoons said... Reply To This Comment

I am sooooo happy for you! What a relief! I definitely said a prayer for you! I'm convince that you were blessed because you went to the temple! Maybe Brody has future in baseball or skee ball or something, that was an amazing throw. Also, he's ridiculously cute...and that camera doesn't look half bad!

fernandflora said... Reply To This Comment

Hooray for lost thing found! Isn't that the BEST feeling?!

And congratulations on your baby being almost here! How exciting!

Kell said... Reply To This Comment

YAY I'm so glad you found your ring!

Lynn said... Reply To This Comment

oh my gosh, what a story!!!!!! and what a fantastic story teller, so happy for you to have it back. loveliest ring is WHAT ♥