Thursday, November 18, 2010

He's here (:

Day Old Child
My day-old child lay in my arms.
With my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly, "How I wish-
I wish that you could hear;

I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and a nod),
Hurry, Hurry, hurry and grow
So I can tell you about God."

My day-old baby's mouth was still
And my words only tickled his ear.
But a kind of a light passed through his eyes,
And I saw this thought appear:

"How I wish I had a voice and words;
I've a hundred things to say, 
Before I forget I'd tell you of God--
I left Him yesterday."

author unknown

My sweet Hyrum Anthony
Born Wednesday November 17
7:01am
7lbs 1oz
we're so blessed...

65 lovely comments:

carlotta said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations!!!!! So happy for y'all! :)

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

why do you look so perfect?!

and he's GORGEOUS! congrats!! i'm so happy for you!!

e.day said... Reply To This Comment

oh my gosh oh my gosh. congratulations!!!!! i am so happy for you! he is so beautiful and perfect and precious.

and you look amazing. and this post is perfect.

oh congratulations!! many happy tears for you :)

Brooke said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations :) Beautiful picture!

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

Aww congrats! He's gorgeous. I find he looks like Brody.
I'm so happy for you!

Jaime said... Reply To This Comment

[new reader; i introduced myself in a differnt post -that you've prolly not had a chance to read yet]

Congrats to you and your family. Hyrum is adorable!!!

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

congrats!! he is so precious! what a beautiful family you have now!

{megs in wonderland} said... Reply To This Comment

you look stunning, and he is so precious!!! im happy for you! have fun, congratulations mama of 2 :)

Ashley Eliza said... Reply To This Comment

what a perfect and beautiful picture! congrats connie!

xoxo

Tatiana said... Reply To This Comment

Oh Connie congrats!! He's absolutely perfect.

tHe ApPeLs said... Reply To This Comment

awww congrats!!!!! he is such a cutie!!!

Hil said... Reply To This Comment

A big huge congratulations!! He is so beautiful. I won't lie and tell you that this doesn't make me a little jealous. :) So happy you have your baby in your arms! I hope all is well with Mommy and baby.

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

Congrats. I am soooo happy for you. The picture of you and Hyrum is beautiful - you both look adorable.

Monique said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations! He is such a beautiful boy.

Kim said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my gosh at first glance I thought this was going to be a post on Brody and remembering back! Wow congrats on a beautiful boy!!

Autumn Lynn said... Reply To This Comment

What a gorgeous photo of baby and Mama! SO beautiful, congratulations!

Mari said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations that little one is soo cute and...

YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I don't look this good after hours of prep and you just popped out a kid holy moly!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

So beautiful! Congrats!! I hope everything went well. :)

Danielle said... Reply To This Comment

aww! congrats! :))

Bree and Bryce said... Reply To This Comment

He's absolutely perfect! Congrats Connie! Hope you're feeling well.

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations. You look so happy and peaceful! Welcom little Hyrum!

Heather said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations! What a sweet little guy. I have no idea how you got a blog up already. Your pretty amazing :).

Lynn said... Reply To This Comment

what JOY! he is so adorable and you're about the prettiest "just gave birth" mom i've ever seen!

i love the name you chose for him, it's truly unique and special ♥

Ashton Dene' said... Reply To This Comment

Congrats!!!

x, ash

Kell said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

@Heather I already had it written- just had to insert stats and a picture (;


EVERYONE- Thank you so much!

QueenBee said... Reply To This Comment

So I kind of want a super amazing picture like that after I have MY baby. Ha ha. You look amazing and baby Hyrum looks super stud-ly. Glade you're both doing well!!

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

Congrats! This makes me want another baby so much! They are so perfect and small when they're born. Have a happy Thanksgiving with your newly expanded family of four!

Marissa said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

Oh I love him already!!!Connie Im going to sue you for being to pretty after giving birth. I DID NOT look ANYTHING close to that. Im glad everything went well. I cant wait to meet him.

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

he is so cute and you look AMAZING! Congrats!!!

Pia said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my Goodness!! Congratulations! So happy for you!

Jamie said... Reply To This Comment

He's gorgeous and perfect! Congratulations!!!

The Clarks said... Reply To This Comment

Congrats!! He is so darling, and what a precious picture!! Glad everyone is good and home :)

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

What a sweet poem!

He's adorable! Congrats!

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

Just because you look like a model after child birth... I don't really have anywhere to go with that. I love you and your family congrats!!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

Ohhhh! CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS Connie!! Welcome to the world baby Hy!! Oh what a gorgeous photo!! Your family is blessed!! (: He is such an adorable baby!!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

What a beautiful post sweetheart! Look's almost identical to the one taken with Brody. They sure are brothers! See you Sunday! Love,Mom

Mama Katie said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my!! He's precious, you're gorgeous, love this picture! Congrats to the whole family! How is the big brother?!

Dallin and Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

congrats Connie!!! So happy for you and your family! he is so handsome!

Kathleen said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations, Connie! He's absolutely gorgeous!

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations! He's adorable!

Chelsea said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations!!!! Guess Tony won this bet!!

Love the picture, and everything in it (including the wedding ring you just found!!).

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

oh my goodness!! such a precious picture! Congratulations on your perfect new addition!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Sniff... I'm so happy, SNIFF. He is so handsome, like his Jed Rock. I love him, he is so perfect, just like his momma. Thank you for such a beautiful grandson!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

CONNNIIIIIIEEEE YAYYYYYYYYYYYY

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! Let me come play!! hehe

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

AHHHHH, YAY!!!! he is PERFECT and just precious!!!
what a beautiful picture of the two of you!! melt my heart!!
congrats momma and family!!! so happy for you all!!!

ashley wright said... Reply To This Comment

so beautiful.CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
what a sweet and tender post :)

xoxo

fernandflora said... Reply To This Comment

Hooray for your new little honey pie! He is beautiful!

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful words, beautiful baby boy, beautiful mama. God Bless your newborn!
And lucky him for sharing a birthday with my wonderful mother
Enjoy your lil' baby

Dylana Suarez said... Reply To This Comment

This is so beautiful!

Just came across your blog!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

jess hardy said... Reply To This Comment

Wonderful news! Congrats!

Heidi said... Reply To This Comment

Precious!! Congrats!

Allie said... Reply To This Comment

YAYYYYY! i can't wait to read all about it. he is beautiful!

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

What a beautiful moment!!!! He looks so perfect! Connie CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy for you! :)

Courtney said... Reply To This Comment

Noone EVER looks this good in a hospital! Gorgeous! This picture is PERFECT! 'Congratulations :)
barbieandkenbrinkerhoff.blogspot.com

Mike and Alecia said... Reply To This Comment

What a sweet picture. He's pefect!! Congrats I'm so excited for you. You will love having two!!

Jess said... Reply To This Comment

Oh yay!!! Where have I been?! Congrats!!! Love the sweet pic of you two.

Mel said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations!!!

Aaron and Jeanette Radmall said... Reply To This Comment

You look so perfect after giving birth! Like a model:) Congrats!

Vanessa said... Reply To This Comment

He is precious!! Congrats love!!!!

vintch said... Reply To This Comment

what a beautiful poem, and such a lovely picture! I'm a new follower-CONGRATULATIONS:)!

Melly Mel said... Reply To This Comment

this made me cry! i am totally sending this to my sister who just had a baby. I love this. CoNgrats! SO beautiful. It all. I just caught up on your blog. You are amazing. Congratualtions!

niki said... Reply To This Comment

congrats connie!! he's precious.

this poem along with the picture definitely made me teary.

Tunes & Spoons said... Reply To This Comment

Connie! He is beautiful and perfect! I actually read this post when my husband and I were on our way out to Colorado for Thanksgiving, and I cried. I really did, that poem was so beautiful. I didnt comment because thats so annoying to try to do, but I wanted to tell you, you have a beautiful son and you looked SOOO gorgeous for just having a baby. Heck you looked gorgeous for any day of the week!