Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The ghost goes... BOO

Brody loves saying that this year.  He also says, "The vampire goes, I vant to suck your blood!"  Hahaha.  I love that little guy.. and Halloween!  It was great this year..
10-29-10 carving the pumpkin (3)
10-29-10 carving the pumpkin (2)
10-29-10 carving the pumpkin (9)
10-29-10 carving the pumpkin (12)
...an exact quote.
10-29-10 carving the pumpkin (14)

I figured I'd regret if I wasn't something classic while largely pregnant... so I put this together literally minutes before we had to go, I was still cutting thread in the car ride over- haha.  I wanted something I could take Brody trunk or treating in easily (and also not worry if I spilled chili on me in the car).10-29-10 ward party (3)
10-29-10 ward party (4)
It was obvious that's what Brody was thinking.
I brought my favorite homemade CHILI for the cook-off.  I'll share the recipe soon, if anyone wants.  It's not only super yummy, it's healthy!

trick or treating... that blessed evening when sleep-deprived moms who look like zombies simply blend in with the crowd. Yes.
10-30-10my costume copy copy
do you know what it is?

10-30-10 gmas house (1)
10-30-10
I stole these party pictures from our friends facebook...
SO.. you've seen it infinity times now, guessed it yet?
10-30-10my costume (10
Happy Halloween 2010

21 lovely comments:

Marissa said... Reply To This Comment

What a fun costume! That is so cool you made it! I love the Halloween shirt too!

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

I love both of your costumes! The pumpkin was cute and the cotton candy was even cuter!

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

Ohh cotton candy. I'm bad at guessing games. It's super cute though. I also love your pumpkin shirt with your belly. Trunk or treat looks like fun!

Perris "Pmoney" Nelson said... Reply To This Comment

Tony's costume was awesome. It took me a while before I realized why he was blind but I got it. I guess I just assume that everyone's costumes are as random as mine were; like when I was nine and went as "boxing goofy." Even at a young age I knew that costume was lame. lol.

Hil said... Reply To This Comment

Love the cotton candy costume, so fun. I love the pumpkin shirt also. Your belly is too cute! 3 more weeks!!

Ashley Eliza said... Reply To This Comment

your costume is So cute :) what a fun idea. you look so great!!

xoxo

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

i bet your husband thinks your a sweet treat all the time not just halloween:) Cute idea.

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

you are way too cute lady!!! and you have the cutest family! i LOVE the pumpkin shirt you wore and your costume you made is fabulous!! your little guy as buzz is so cute too!! glad you all had such a fun halloween!!! :)

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

i loved these pics of your family! and you are seriously the cutest person ever! loved your costume!

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

This is a wonderful post! Everybody is picture perfect! I love the life you and Tony are creating for the boys! Wow, I love saying, the boys, now that Hyrum will soon be on the outside of you in your waiting arms! I will be there to share in the moment 19 days from now! Love, Mother I cannot wait!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

haha you are so creative connie haha.. I like ur costume (: and brody is an adorable buzz lightyear (: hehe

JED said... Reply To This Comment

BOO HOO HOO! I wish I were there! Only one trick or treater came to our house, our neighbor. That's it. Halloween is so lame here on the east coast. I miss my little guys!!!

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

your costume turned out SO stinkin CUTE!!!!! I LOVE IT!

Mike said... Reply To This Comment

haha cool costume connie... I saw a girl with a costume made out of the same material as your cotton candy one but she was a loofa <--IDK how to spell that...anyways it was cool so just as a cheap idea for next costume you could modify that one to be a loofa! But way too cool. Im glad you had fun because I spent halloween doing a last minute lab report and online reading quiz that I got a 5 out of 10 on...yeah my halloween sucked, but thats just how the cookie crumbles Love ya sis

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

cutest costume ever!!

Em said... Reply To This Comment

Connie!! You are the winner of my Glitter Toes giveaway!! (i was only supposed to give you till tomorrow night to respond, but you're just way too cute not to win this!!) so email me at eoyeager{at}yahoo{dot}com and we'll get your toes Glitzy!!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

So cute! I was gonna guess a snow cone. The pumpkin shirt was adorable too. Love love love Halloween!

Jess said... Reply To This Comment

That pumpkin shirt is the best pregnant girl costume ever. So glad you had a great Halloween!

Lauren Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

haha i love all of the costumes! cotton candy? so creative! makes me wish i would have dressed up!

Gooseberried said... Reply To This Comment

Ha! I love the cotton candy costume and that pumpkin shirt was so cute too. :) Great blog; just found it.

Tunes & Spoons said... Reply To This Comment

Your costume is PRECIOUS!!! Good job! You are always so creative!