Thursday, October 7, 2010

Come one, Come all! {the sprinkle + moustache tutoriale}

My baby shower sprinkle was a lot of fun last week!  My mother-in-law hosted it at her lovely home and I was able to have lots of very special people attend.  I'm so grateful too for my visiting teacher and her crew for volunteering to help too (:  It was a circus theme!
Untitled-1
{These were pictures we used as part of the theme Tony was "The Ringmaster", Brody- "The Monkey", Mine said, "Performing next, The Mommy", and Hyrums said, "Her next act:  Baby Hyrum!"}
I dontated decorations I had lying around (mostly from Brody's 2nd bday).  I didn't want my mother-in-law to be too stressed with party planning.  First it was going to be a pickles and ice cream theme (since ice cream goes with "sprinkles" ... but then I saw some adorable popcorn bags at Trader Joes.  So thanks to those, it changed to "carnival"... the mustaches were inspired by that guy too.  We were all channeling our inner circus freak with extra facial hair.
decorations1
decorations2
There were peanuts, pickles, cotton candy, popcorn, animal crackers (for the kids who came) and women with facial hair!  Everything a good carnival has.  Oh- and we still kept our Ice Cream bar idea- since ice cream and carnivals go together too (:  There were also fun games and prizes.  My mother-in-law did a really great job!
IMG_7002
IMG_7006
IMG_7017
9-30-10 (8) copy
Thanks Lecia for taking some pictures, for Mom B for putting together a smashing party, and thank you to everyone who came!


make a mustache
So if you like our mustaches on a stick here's how I made them!  You can do it a multitude of ways but this was my way.  It's easy.
First, I found a mustache template.  I was glad I did- they looked better than when I tried to draw my own (;  Go here to print some out! (Print them out on cardstock for a sturdy mustache)
stache on a stick
mustache2
mustache3
mustache4

22 lovely comments:

The Clarks said... Reply To This Comment

Oh what a darling party!! Wish I could of made it.. And you are so stinking cute! I loved your maternity post too, you have some great outfits girl!

Tatiana said... Reply To This Comment

Such a cute theme! Love the staches. You still look so gorgeous for being ready to have a baby! Jealousy is kicking in. Glad you had a wonderful baby shower.

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

adorable. love the party!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Holy mustache! So cute!!! Love the last picture of Brody with a stach. Way to be creative ladies!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Your family is adorable, Your party was adorable, kudos to your mother in law and kudos to you for being an awesome blogger! I can be a part of things without even being there! I can't wait for November---7 more weeks! Love, Mother

Poised & Pretty said... Reply To This Comment

What a cute party!!! Mustache & all. LOVE it ♥

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

cutest shower ever! you are so darling and sooo hilarious. love ya!!!!

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

LOL I love that you called it a Sprinkle instead of a Shower! Cutest theme EVER!! You are darling!

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

What a fun theme and a great looking party! Loving the 'stashes!

You look amazing as always and can' wait to see what this lil' one looks like as well

Have a great weekend!

e.day said... Reply To This Comment

i did the same thing for my bday party! there is nothing better than a good mustache on a lollipop stick :) and your sprinke is very very cute.

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

I love carnival themes! I seriously want to make a play room into a carnival/circus theme someday. Or maybe a little boys room.

Alycia (Crowley Party) said... Reply To This Comment

ADORABLE :)

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

Super cute!

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE IT!!!! that shower has our name all over it! What a cute idea!!! wish I could have been there!!

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

SO CUTE. I love all the mustaches (my FAVORITE!) and the creativity is so overwhelming- I think it's so cool!

Mommy Kerin said... Reply To This Comment

Such a cute idea! I'm enjoying your blog! Newest follower

Mommy Kerin
hergoodintentions.blogspot.com

Mommy Kerin said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tunes & Spoons said... Reply To This Comment

I forgot to tell you how precious these staches are! We had a photo booth at our wedding and had mustaches for the guests, everyone really enjoyed them!

Sarah Nicole said... Reply To This Comment

Those are so cute! Thanks for sharing! :]

Jess said... Reply To This Comment

Such an adorable theme! Love the mustaches :)

KatOfDiamonds said... Reply To This Comment

So darling and creative!
And it looked like a total blast!

Jenn said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my gosh! Too freakin' cute!