Sunday, September 5, 2010

our vacation: camping in big bear

I've scaled back on taking pictures but it never fails that every time I go on vacation I can't help but snap a a ton.  Sooo I'm finally getting them off my back and on my blog (there's more.. and yes, I will post them because otherwise they will sit in a folder on my computer and that's quite a waste;)
IMG_3971
When I first heard the idea of camping on my birthday I was all for it.  I knew I'd be 6 mos prego but I could handle a little harder bedding for a couple nights, anyway.  Little did I know the night we'd drive up I'd start getting a tickle in my throat that would flare up like crazy and ruin my birthday (jk it didn't ruin it) but it felt like strep. I had a horrrrrible sore throat, and I was so pooped all day.  But strangely enough it only lasted one day (my birthday, naturally).  I didn't mind though I was just happy to know I'd feel better for the rest of our week. (:  And despite the random sickness, I had a lot of fun camping!  It was like old times; we'd go to Big Bear lake a lot growing up.
IMG_3895
We pretty much took our whole lives with us on the trip.  There's a good reason though- we had to plan for like every festivity you could think of.  So that meant lots of crap had to be brought.
IMG_3903
We camped for two nights, and had one full day there.  We were pretty close to town so the first night we ate here.
IMG_3930
My mom made me an awesome birthday breakfast.  She always does so much for us- and smiles just like that no matter what.  I hope to be just like her someday.  While we were all waking up Brody played in the dirt.  He really wasn't as messy as I would've expected from a 2 year old... kid after my own heart (;
IMG_3915
IMG_3917
IMG_3961
(Brody and I trying to take a picture;)   Brody liked watercoloring with his cousin Xander and Tony taught us a game "not shoes" which was a lot of fun.  My brother Perris is a champion fire builder so it's a good thing we brought him along (;  
IMG_3942
IMG_3946
IMG_3947
IMG_3948
IMG_3970
4961480825_3220f20b52_o
IMG_4001
IMG_3998
IMG_4000
IMG_3984
IMG_3975
IMG_3994
It started to rain on us for a good half hour but thankfully didn't last; then we moseyed on over to the lake.
IMG_4013
IMG_4029
IMG_4031
IMG_4028
IMG_4043
IMG_4039
IMG_4041
IMG_4070
IMG_4073
IMG_4069
My sister and the rest of her family came up for the evening for cake and my party.  My family is so good to me
IMG_4098
IMG_4137
IMG_4165
IMG_4176
IMG_4196
And that was that.. the next morning Tony and I left Brody with my mom for a few days and headed off for the beach!  But of course our trek down the mountain side wouldn't have been complete without Brody losing his breakfast three different times- and it getting on me and my hair.  Haha poor kid gets car sick like his momma.

12 lovely comments:

sydney said... Reply To This Comment

how fun this camping trip looks! love it!

Tatiana said... Reply To This Comment

That makes me want to go camping! I'm glad you had a fun birthday with your family.

Erica Ann said... Reply To This Comment

Oh this looks like so much fun! I've been wanting to go so bad, last time I went I was barely pregnant, deathly ill, and had to leave early to go to the hospital, so...not the best experience! I've been dying to go again! And I've only been to big bear once but loved it!

PS Your little Brody is so adorable!

PSS where did you get that gray and yellow dress from a few posts down? In your family picture? I saw it online a few days ago and went back to look for it and can't remember for the life of me where I saw it!

Erica Ann said... Reply To This Comment

I just read my post and it didn't make sense. I meant I have been dying to go camping. didn't actually say that haha

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

i LOVE these pics. your family is so adorable and it looks like so much fun! mmm smores!

and i had to tell you bc i was laughing: when was reading this i read "i had a horrible sore throat, and i pooped all day." then i had to go back and re-read. haha i think i need to go to bed.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Cutest little cake ever! Glad you had fun campin!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Aww, sorry about your camping sickies!

These pictures make camping look like fun, I am SO not a fan!

Happy Birthday hun! You look fabulous! You are glowing!

fernandflora said... Reply To This Comment

This looks like the real deal camping trip! What fun and what a cute family you have! Those s'mores look divine!

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

I have been dieing to go camping for so long. I am so jealous of your camping trip. It looks like so much fun!

nicole hatfield said... Reply To This Comment

love the blog soooo cute!

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

Those s'mores look yummy!

I have a love/hate relationship with camping. Love the outdoors and fresh air blah blah blah. I hate sleeping on the ground/air mattress and I hate washing dishes with no running water. People should cook and clean for me on vacation, not the other way around.

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

awww what great photos. happy belated birthday and glaad your birthday camping trip turned out well