Thursday, September 2, 2010

Miss Molly May

I woke up early on Saturday to go pee (and by early I mean 7am).  Then I crawled back in bed when I noticed I had a missed call from my mom.  I figured since she was calling early it had to be somewhat important news but I was so tired and it was my day to sleep in.

When I finally came to and got out of bed for the day, I got the text- Molly's gone.  Losing a pet sucks.  But at the same time I was so relieved for her.  Molly had been in our family for 15 years.  We got her in 1995 (I was ten) she was a year old.  Just like most people who have dogs for that long, she was part of our family.  We all knew it was her birthday on May 1st and she'd always get a stocking at Christmas. (:
Molly and Ball
Seriously one of the best dogs anyone could ever have.  Whenever you were sad she would come up and put her head on your shoulder- we called it hugs and she'd give those freely.  Always happy, bouncy, wanted to be wherever we were- plus, she was the best running buddy (ask my mom, she would know better than me, since I slept in most mornings;)  I could go on.  I love that dog.  I was relieved for her because she was sixteen- you do the math.  She had tumors and was just plain old.  But even in her old age she had so much energy.  She's already missed but Molly had a good run and she knew we really loved her.  I love that beautiful Molly May

On a lighter note, check out my sisters blog she's hosting a giveaway for a $40 gift card.  Go enter because it's over tomorrow!  And also, thanks for your comments- Happy Birthday and all that.  I have not commented on anyone much for a while since things have been so busy- but I really appreciate you guys taking the time to read and say hi(:

9 lovely comments:

Melody said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said... Reply To This Comment

did you know I said "molly had a good run" as well on FB? that is SOOO molly. I'm so glad she was ours! if I could XOXO. thanks for the shout out on my giveaway as well!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

That was the first thing that popped into my head when I heard- I didn't know you said that too (not on FB;). It's totally molly!

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

about 3 years ago we had to put down our family dog that I picked out when I was 3 because my mom had just had my little brother. She lived to be 17 years old. I know exactly how you feel. Im so sorry!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks Connie for the tribute to Molly. My next post is going to be about her. I just can't bring myself to post yet, but perhaps this week-end! Love, Mother

Hil said... Reply To This Comment

So sorry to hear about your sweet dog! It's so hard losing a family dog that is like a member of the family.. I went through it in high school and it was rough! She was a beautiful dog and pretty awesome for living 16 HUMAN years. :)

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

how sad. my childhood dog is getting old. he's now almost 14. he lost his hearing last summer and his sight is just starting to go. we know it's only a matter of time until he dies. it's amazing how much a pet becomes a part of the family! seriously. and my dog always got christmas stockings and a b-day celebration, too. my new little puppy has gotten the same. :) glad she is out of pain now tho!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

Hi! Okay I am the WORST at reading blogs lately - school is AWFUL. But I just wanted to take a moment to tell you how much I adore you. You are so talented, Connie. I am SO impressed by how awesome your photography is getting! I am blown away every time I check your blog! I want to talk to you and catch up! Text me so we can plan a lunch day or photo day or craft day - something! PLease! I miss you! You are so so incredible! Love you!!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

It was hard to take Molly to the vet. I had to carry her in her kennel as if it were a stretcher. When we got to the vet's the workers there helped me lift her out of the kennel and lay her on the floor. Molly was completely out of it. She looked so pathetic there on the floor of the vet, it was hard to think it was the same dog...except she was laying in the exact same pose as the picture on Connie's blog. She did not lift her head, and she lost considerable weight, but that is Molly's pose. No one misses her more than me. I feel so bad for putting her down, it's hard to believe she lost so much life in such a short period of time. I loved that dumb dog... :(