1. B and I were watching the tele yesterday when a skittles commercial came on... right after Brody looks at me and says "Taste the rainbow, Mommy?" Me: "you want to taste the rainbow Brody?"
"Yeah! Let's do it!"
For the next ten minutes all he said was, "taste the rainbow mommy? taste the rainbow mommy?"
So obviously I let him taste the rainbow when I got a package from my mom in the mail and what happened to be in there? Nothing less. After ripping open the bag and giving him a taste B says,
"taste the rainbow again?"
hahaha i love that kid.
2. Today was rough. I must've been given some bad avocado at Charleston's yesterday because I was an absolute wreck today- woke up knowing I'd never leave the house. Tony was home for lunch today so we did get icecreams but that was probably my worst idea ever. Made everything worse. Hopefully it's just a 24 hour bug.. yuck.
3. Even though I should probably hate it right now, I'm a serious foodie all of a sudden. I've always liked food but now it fascinates me.. and maybe it's just in my head since I'm prego but I love watching food network and the travel channel. A few of my favorite shows are Man V. Food and Cupcake Wars. I'm glad Tony will watch them with me and not ask to change it to ESPN- thanks babe (:
4. I made these earlier this week since I've been a cooking fiend: (mint brownies)
5. Speaking of living places- Tony and I are certain when we go back to Arizona it'll be our last little while there. It makes me sad to think I might not live in Arizona anymore! I think that's why I miss it so much right now because I just want to enjoy it as much as I can, while I can. But that's a little ways off...
it definitely does occupy a lot of my thoughts though. Where ever we end up moving it'll have A LOT more humidity and no downeast basics store... and that doesn't excite me. Oh, and I'll miss my family and friends too.
6. I really love Forever 21 but they also burn my biscuits. I thinks it's ludicrous you can't return anything. And for a girl like me who buys stuff- liking it- but then takes it home to regular non-flattering mirrors to see if I'll get enough use out of it with my other clothes, half my items end up going back. Not always but... enough. I hate it that I can't change my mind without being forced to "exchange it" with something else. I know F21 isn't hurting for money so what is up with the zero refund policy. Really guyz, what. is. up. (yeeah that's been bugging me for a while)
But I am excited about their maternity line... too bad there's not a huge selection and everything I wanted is sold out. Yet again (third time this week I tried to buy something and no one had it...poop.)
7. And lastly (for those that are wondering) since I've been off Facebook I have felt lifted. I don't feel guilty that I'm wasting time on it instead of playing with Brody and I've even noticed my communication with people has improved. Like, I've called my siblings several times since then- when before I could go a month before I realized we hadn't actually "spoken". Sure, I feel out of the loop on some things but I'm sure after a little while longer that won't even matter to me anyway.
I know I just have a subconscious FEAR of losing someone so close to me because every once in a while (not that often, thank goodness) I have a nightmare like that. The other night I had a dream I lost a sibling... I woke up with tears in my eyes, even. I was still half asleep but I actually thought in my head, "I'm so glad we talked a couple times yesterday". I know it was just a dream, and all is well, but it opened up my eyes to the reality of time and how nothing is certain in life. If it had been real, that's how I'd want to feel- glad I spent as much time as I could talking to them or spending time with them. For me, I needed to pry myself off the computer a little more so I could interact more with those around me- and those family members not around me. I never want to wake up and wish I had done things differently. I'm seriously done talking it about it though- not like I walked on the moon or anything. I just did it for me and wanted to write how it's helped me and my goals. G'nite!