Friday, July 23, 2010

sick day

 Here are some random things/thoughts as of lately....

1. B and I were watching the tele yesterday when a skittles commercial came on... right after Brody looks at me and says "Taste the rainbow, Mommy?"  Me: "you want to taste the rainbow Brody?"

"Yeah!  Let's do it!"

For the next ten minutes all he said was, "taste the rainbow mommy? taste the rainbow mommy?"
So obviously I let him taste the rainbow when I got a package from my mom in the mail and what happened to be in there?  Nothing less.  After ripping open the bag and giving him a taste B says,
"taste the rainbow again?"

hahaha i love that kid.

2. Today was rough.  I must've been given some bad avocado at Charleston's yesterday because I was an absolute wreck today- woke up knowing I'd never leave the house.  Tony was home for lunch today so we did get icecreams but that was probably my worst idea ever.  Made everything worse.  Hopefully it's just a 24 hour bug.. yuck.

3. Even though I should probably hate it right now, I'm a serious foodie all of a sudden.  I've always liked food but now it fascinates me.. and maybe it's just in my head since I'm prego but I love watching food network and the travel channel.  A few of my favorite shows are Man V. Food and Cupcake Wars. I'm glad Tony will watch them with me and not ask to change it to ESPN- thanks babe (:

4.  I made these earlier this week since I've been a cooking fiend: (mint brownies)
mint brownies2 
I love.  (I'll add the recipe soon)  I found the recipe on someones blog (don't hate me I can't remember) and it was impeccable timing!  I was actually searching online for a place that sold mint brownies around here because I'm a large and in charge pregnant food-crazed savage I got the latest catalog for "Deseret Book" and they had a picture of the mint brownies I USED to have 24 hour access to.  So naturally, I was craving them ever since.  I miss living in Utah sometimes... mmm... byu creamery...

5. Speaking of living places- Tony and I are certain when we go back to Arizona it'll be our last little while there.  It makes me sad to think I might not live in Arizona anymore!  I think that's why I miss it so much right now because I just want to enjoy it as much as I can, while I can.  But that's a little ways off...
it definitely does occupy a lot of my thoughts though.  Where ever we end up moving it'll have A LOT more humidity and no downeast basics store... and that doesn't excite me.  Oh, and I'll miss my family and friends too.

6. I really love Forever 21 but they also burn my biscuits.  I thinks it's ludicrous you can't return anything.  And for a girl like me who buys stuff- liking it- but then takes it home to regular non-flattering mirrors to see if I'll get enough use out of it with my other clothes, half my items end up going back.  Not always but... enough.  I hate it that I can't change my mind without being forced to "exchange it" with something else.  I know F21 isn't hurting for money so what is up with the zero refund policy.  Really guyz, what. is. up.  (yeeah that's been bugging me for a while)
But I am excited about their maternity line... too bad there's not a huge selection and everything I wanted is sold out.  Yet again (third time this week I tried to buy something and no one had it...poop.)

7. And lastly (for those that are wondering) since I've been off Facebook I have felt lifted.  I don't feel guilty that I'm wasting time on it instead of playing with Brody and I've even noticed my communication with people has improved.  Like, I've called my siblings several times since then- when before I could go a month before I realized we hadn't actually "spoken".  Sure, I feel out of the loop on some things but I'm sure after a little while longer that won't even matter to me anyway.

I know I just have a subconscious FEAR of losing someone so close to me because every once in a while (not that often, thank goodness) I have a nightmare like that.   The other night I had a dream I lost a sibling... I woke up with tears in my eyes, even.  I was still half asleep but I actually thought in my head, "I'm so glad we talked a couple times yesterday".  I know it was just a dream, and all is well, but it opened up my eyes to the reality of time and how nothing is certain in life.  If it had been real, that's how I'd want to feel- glad I spent as much time as I could talking to them or spending time with them.  For me, I needed to pry myself off the computer a little more so I could interact more with those around me- and those family members not around me.  I never want to wake up and wish I had done things differently.  I'm seriously done talking it about it though- not like I walked on the moon or anything.  I just did it for me and wanted to write how it's helped me and my goals.  G'nite!

13 lovely comments:

mike said... Reply To This Comment

yeah I love you sis...glad to know you will have more time for phone calls. I hope you feel better soon!

Ailish said... Reply To This Comment

I'm just thinking.. Brody will love this blog once he's old enough, you've saved so many memories on it, and it's lovely :)

Hil said... Reply To This Comment

Ooooh, I think me and my little man need to taste the rainbow today. Thanks for the idea. :)

I am excited about f21's maternity line as well.. but super disappointed with the selection... hopefully they will get more in soon.

I have been off facebook for a few months now and I can honestly say that I don't miss it one.bit. It's been such a wonderful release!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Hope you feel better soon!

Those brownies look delicious!!!!!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

i have made mint brownies before. i think my recipe was from hershey's! they are my husband's favorite treat of all time!!! :)

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I love how toddlers just learning to talk put mommy on the end of everything.. do this mommy? Love you mommy. Have that mommy? Makes me melt.

Hope you feel better soon.

MMMmmmm mint brownies... yum. :)

Tamara Nicole said... Reply To This Comment

So cute, I can't wait to have my own kiddos!!!

Also, I just bought my prego sis forever 21 maternity clothes, super cute!

Chris + Tatiana said... Reply To This Comment

That mint brownie looks to die for! Gotta have the recipe. I know what you mean about facebook, it's overrated. Hope you are feeling better! I think every day should be a "Taste the Rainbow" kind of day.

Marissa said... Reply To This Comment

I hope it is a 24 hour bug and you feel better ASAP!

Those brownies look so good! Yum!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my gosh, how cute! "Taste the rainbow Mommy?" I love it!

And those mint brownies look yummy!

JMay said... Reply To This Comment

Ok speaking of Rainbows...

You have to see this video, it will make you laugh so hard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

JED said... Reply To This Comment

The really cool thing about being your dad is that I got to eat some of the brownies...mmmm, brownies...

JED said... Reply To This Comment

The really cool thing about being your dad is that I got to eat some of the brownies...mmmm, brownies...