Friday, July 30, 2010

more recipe reviewing

Since I was sick last week I didn't get to try all the recipes I had intended... but got to write this post!  And, I still have a lot of yummy recipes to share from the other nights I played holly homemaker.  Look at me I'm cooking nightly!

Anyway without further adieu we have: (click on the title to be sent to the actual recipe I tried)
1. "Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken"
There is a reason this recipe is number one, it's because it's basically THE STUFF.  SOO good.  I have an announcement!  ANNOUNCEMENT EVERYONE!  I have NEVER liked ranch.  My entire 24 years I avoided it like it was the bird flu.  (Seriously if it touched me I would almost gag).  And since I got prego I can't get enough of it's goodness!  So this was right up my alley lately... the FLAVOR!  Oh the delish flavor.  And basically I've made it five times since I tried it a couple weeks ago.  Tony loves it, I love it, Brody loves it.  I added it to my dinner rotation for suuuuuuuure. *I used turkey bacon and still loved it btw

2. "Real, Juicy, Bacon Cheeseburgers"
These were great, really..but talk about flavor.  So much... almost too much, in fact.  She has them pictured with just a bun but they were so strong I had to add two slices of tomato and lots of lettuce leaves.  I used turkey bacon again but it was pointless to because the flavor drowned out the bacon!  When I make these again, I'll skip the Montreal Steak Seasoning and put a little less Dales Steak Seasoning too.  I think with just the ranch packet these would be great!  She is right to get the fattier meat btw- I had bought the leanest ground beef (just because I do- and didn't read the instructions first, as usual) and my burgers did break apart.  But with the cheese, they stayed somewhat intact.  They were really good though!  I liked the idea of flavoring the meat with something other than seasoned salt (:

3. "Calzones"
I actually really liked these!  I was skeptical of the pillsbury dough because I've used it before and wasn't impressed.  But this time I think was different since I rolled it out thinner (and rubbed it with butter haha).  It made all the difference.  I also used turkey pepperoni and skipped on the sausage completely.  Alternating just the pepperoni and cheese was enough for me!  I really liked my dipping sauce too, I bought Hunts Basil, Garlic, and Oregano tomato sauce (those small, 8oz cans).  Yum!

4. mint brownies

My bad friends, I don't know who made this up or where they got it from but alls I know is they are sooooo good!  And all from scratch!  But don't let that scare you because it was so super easy... like making brownies from a box.  I added the recipe since I know some of you wanted to try it.  Happy cooking and baking (and thanks to those who have told me they've tried the recipes here- It's fun to hear from you:)

12 lovely comments:

Erica said... Reply To This Comment

Um...looks delicious! Would it be bad if I have that chicken for breakfast?! :-)

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

looking at these pics is making me very hungry!!! ahhh! :)

Makay said... Reply To This Comment

I am practically drooling... ughhhhh. hahahhaha.

love, makay

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

ahhhh. i want to try these. and this post made me feel guilty. this was my WORST WEEK EVER as far as cooking goes. and we ate so bad.

vow: next week...i am cooking. even if that means something SUPER easy. like chili. or spaghetti. or take n' bake meals. and lots of salads. mmmmm.

Mauri said... Reply To This Comment

Yummmm! Now I'm drooling!

Vanessa said... Reply To This Comment

Mmm everything looks so yummy! I can't wait to try out that chicken!!

JT, Britt & Bella said... Reply To This Comment

We made that creamy chicken pasta the other night, um ya pretty much died went to heaven and came back for more bites :) Delish, thanks for posting these!!

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

My god those real juicy bacon cheeseburgers look amazing. Definitely want to try. Keep the recipes coming, they are great!

Adam and Wendy said... Reply To This Comment

These all look DELICIOUS!! :) :)

JED said... Reply To This Comment

The brownies are good Connie...

Brett and Emily said... Reply To This Comment

ok so so far i have tried the pasta that you posted a few weeks ago (we LOVED it!) and the tereyakki chicken stuff also loved it! thanks for posting these im really trying oto plan out my dinners at the beginning of every week and trying these recipes has really helped!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.