Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wall flower Brody

I don't quite know how to describe the gathering we attended yesterday morning at the library... it think it was called "wiggles" or something- at any rate, it's a ploy set up by parents to tire out their kids so they take afternoon naps.

hmmm... It could be that I snagged Brody's binkie away months ago, that he's trying to get me back by boycotting nap time... or it could be because of this:

My child is a wall flower.  Clearly uninterested, unexcited.  Looking at the other children like he knows what this is really all about.  There's no tiring him out at gigs like this.  

Then he finds his way under a stack of chairs to avoid the shenanigans all together.

Then again....
I'm sure it's not that he doesn't get tired out though... he's in a constant mode to RUN.  I can't take him anywhere where he'll just quietly walk behind me.  I see mothers with handfuls of children waddling behind her in a line like baby ducks.  I envy those mothers.


(I have my opinion on baby showers to post manana- thanks for your thoughts on that, btw!)

7 lovely comments:

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

hah, what a little stinker ;)
my nephew is the exact same way! he has to be in a stroller, be held or in a shopping cart or he is running away. he usually says "bye" before he takes off though ;)
he doesn't like to hold onto hands so that's not an option either.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

sounds EXACTLY like Brody! Oh I hope my next one will at least cooperate... just sometimes is all I ask! (;

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

he is pure boy!! bronson still won't walk quietly behind me. it is exhausting taking him anywhere. boys just won't be defeated by a measly nap, or obnoxious errands. he is so stinkin cute! the thing i liked about no more nap time, meant earlier BED time. woop!!!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

i think the boys were just way too cool for that choo choo dance. Brody defintely has a mind of his own, especially at parks! he's cute so it makes up for it. i bet your next one is way mellow, no worries:)

cris (cristal) said... Reply To This Comment

haha kids r kids the little girl we take care of is like tht to but at the end she falls asleep...

-cris

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Ah sleep. Too bad youth and sleep are wasted on the young...

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Too true, dad. TOO TRUE!!!