Monday, June 14, 2010

Rained in & feeling feathery

It rained (is raining) buckets today...lotsa flooding in Ok today.
IMG_1164 summer 2010
For about a year I've had this bag of feathers and nothing to do with them so I got the idea to make a clip out of them.  I'll probably do white next.  If I had peacock feathers, that would be so cute too but I didn't want to let this bag go to waste...
IMG_1704
IMG_1699
I just glued them together like that with a glue gun (a glue gun that was my moms when I was a baby or something)  I just glued a clip onto the back and- voila.  Easiest clip craft ever.
IMG_1724
I just clipped it in my hair while it was down and I thought it added a lot- I don't know about you, but I feel so plain with my hair just straight and down.  Then I decided to add a wire headband under it, and it was like I had a whole new headband.  I also tried it with my hair half up- which is pretty much my favorite way to wear my hair.
IMG_1745h
IMG_1800
IMG_1748h
There ya go!  Three different ways to wear this simple homemade feather clip.

....and by the way, I have so many good times to blog about but all the pictures!  I just don't have the energy to sort through them all.  One of these days.

17 lovely comments:

Miss Vintage Vixen said... Reply To This Comment

Oh hi can you please stop being so gorgeous? You're making the rest of us wither in agony...

...and how cute! I think I'm going to try that now.

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, you're the coolest.

☂niki said... Reply To This Comment

i love these pics of you connie.

and i love when a simple project turns out so great. good job.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

You guys are much to kind... but actually I never post a pic I don't want to see again. There's many a picture in my trash bin after this little "shoot". Just letting you know.. haha

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

why are you so cute?

seriously.

leigh ashley said... Reply To This Comment

how crafty are you?! i would never even think of something like this!! love it!!

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

i love it connie! it's adorable. and you look gorgeous!! no way your preggo...your so tiny!

Mauri said... Reply To This Comment

Cute cute cute! Love the feathers.

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

baha i loves you!

ashley wright said... Reply To This Comment

i love the clip. simple, cute and perfect. it looks great with your dark hair :)
hope youre feeling well girl :)

PeaceLoveLauren said... Reply To This Comment

LOVE the feather clip, and i know what you mean about the blah straight hair...
not my specialty.
the skirt in my best friends tab is from downeast basics!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

that clip and head band is cute. haha are you going to look for peacock feathers? (:

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

I don't have to LOOK I know exactly where they are! Hobby lobby sells them in their faux flower section. Woot!

ChinkyGirLMeL said... Reply To This Comment

Awww that is absolutely adorable. A couple months ago, I spent hours on end making feather/vintage inspired headbands. =)

Adrian said... Reply To This Comment

I absolutely love this!! I wish I could think of things like this to do!!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Do you think these would look good on my ACUs? If you have to ask what ACUs are, you do not know me...

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Army Combat Uniform? Even your wife is confused at sooooooo many Army acronyms LoL, Wbl,etc! The clip looks fabulous! Love, Mother