Thursday, June 17, 2010

Originality

Originality.  I love (crave) it.  I get pretty excited when I think I've found something I thought was unique.... but my world comes crashing down when I find someone else thought of it first.  Just kidding, I'm not that emotionally invested in being original.  I mean, obviously, there are a butt load of people in the world so chances are, no one is.  However, sometimes, when something is hyped up enough I find myself boycotting it- just to feel less like everyone else.  What a rebel, I know.
Talk about (insert overdone trend hereone more time and I'll throw my cereal off the balcony!  I'll do it!

But there is something I always thought I'd be totally original at- and that was this face of mine.  Turns out, that's not even original.  haha!  So back in 2002 some missionary in my ward stops me in the hall to tell me I looked like the girl on Beetlejuice.  In 2005 when I was at BYU, I had like 5 guys come over to my apartment from across the street just to tell me I looked like Wynona Ryder.  People really feel I should know.  Since then, I've heard that countless times.  It's gotten worse as I've gotten older.
(do you know how hard it was finding pictures of her with long hair?)

I heard it again yesterday by a lunch lady at an elementary school.  I know, random.

Today when I was picking Tony's lunch up at Subway some dude behind the counter goes, "Connie!.... connie!..."  I looked up, not expecting anyone in subway, in Oklahoma to know my name.  I said something like, oh you know my name.. and he's like, "I remembered it off your card from the other day"  In my head, *crreeeeepy!  Thanks?  And he proceeds to say how they were talking about how I could be Wynona Ryder's twin, that we looked sooooooo much alike.

Two days in a row, a new record. I can kinda see it... if you tilt your head a little and squint a lot.  If anything Wynona Ryder looks like ME.  Cause you know, I'm sooo original and junk. (;

16 lovely comments:

Alycia (Crowley Party) said... Reply To This Comment

wow... it is actually shocking how alike you two really are.

salena said... Reply To This Comment

i can see it.
and how about Luuunch lady land tomorrow? im a sucker for people giving my children free lunch.

cris (cristal) said... Reply To This Comment

wait r u the top one or the bottom one????

-cris

Aaron and Jeanette Radmall said... Reply To This Comment

I think you are way prettier than Wynona Connie! She is pretty but you are BEAUTIFUL! Oh and you dont shop lift...so you are cooler on top of better looking:) xo

Rasha said... Reply To This Comment

I can see the resemblance! She is beautiful though, so feel lucky!

Pia said... Reply To This Comment

You really do resemble her! For a second I thought it was you in the first pic.
Isn't it weird when someone tells you that you look just like someone else? Apparently, I have a slight resemblance with Anne Hathaway and people, even complete strangers, like to point that out. I never know what to say when that happens. It always makes me feel weird...especially since I really don't see the resemblance.

(But also: Isn't it a little weird that I tell you that you really do look like Winona Ryder although I've never seen you in real life??)

Jamie said... Reply To This Comment

Yep, I see it. Never thought of that though until you mentioned it.

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

when i just saw the picture i thought "she looks just like connie!" and holy moly, you do! that is awesome. love ya girl! and so do the boys at subway ;).

Mauri said... Reply To This Comment

wow you really do look so much alike!!

Dallin and Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

hate to say it, but I totally see it! haha

P.S. I don't think that is a bad thing, I think she is (and you too!!!)gorgeous!

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

well at least your twin is someone cool and famous! my twin HATE me with a passion! and I went to school with her from 7-12 grade! haha

JED said... Reply To This Comment

People always mistake me for Superman. I'd rather look like Batman though...

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

You'll always be batman to me! Although don't get offended when I say- I TOTALLY see superman (;

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Way back when I was the assistant manager (ooh!) of KFC, one of my regular customers always told me I look like Ann Margaret. I suppose in this world of 600 billion that we would resemble a few people! I hope though, that the family resemblance is the most prominent! Love, Mother

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Wow, you guys do look alike. But you are definitely prettier!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Wow, you guys do look alike. But you are definitely prettier!