Friday, June 11, 2010

Note to self: swimsuit shop in March

I tried on my swimsuits the other day and decided my arms needed taking in, so I did 17 pushups.  I also decided I needed a new suit (preferably 3 new suits).  There's something about swimsuits-  I can never own enough.  The problem is I'm ultra picky- I pretty much never find the "perfect suit" so end up settling each year.  Although...

When I find a suit I have my heart set on, I dream about it- and don't stop- till it's safely in my closet.  I researched this certain suit for weeks and finally decided it was the one.  Only, when I went to order it- it was all out!  I called the place and they were not going to get any more shipments!  It's early June!  Not even "officially" summer and they are all out and not getting more?! w.t.heck!  I was sad (for lack of a better word) until I found out they had my size at a store in MESA!

My sister in law Tricia so kindly picked it up for me and mailed it right away!  I have the best family!  When it arrived I was on my way out but was too excited I tried it on in the apartment office bathroom.  Haha!  Thank you Tricia!
suit
That's just a sample.  Well, here's hoping it'll still fit for a few more months!

We've all been sick around here... it started with Brody and a runny nose last Monday and then went to me.  It wasn't as bad as sicknesses I've had before but it was just annoying.  Tony finally got it but seems worse than B and I were.  He stayed home from work yesterday and this morning- takes a lot for him to miss a day selling.

So what's a wife to do when her man is under the weather?  Why, wait on them hand and foot and cater to their every asking!  Tony's dinner request was crepes.  Naturally, I'm not one to turn down a good crepe.
IMG_1610
IMG_1628.
But then I realized....  they always tasted so good because my mom was always the one making them.  (Have you noticed food tastes better when you didn't have to work to make it?)  I had never actually whipped up a batch of crepes on my own!  Butt....I'd seen it done, and it looked simple enough.
It was!  Course, not until I called my mom, freaking out- because I ended up with a pile of crepe shards my first try.  The pans I brought to Oklahoma basically suck- so the quick fix was loads of pam and butter.  Low and behold my next crepe was edible and by crepe #12 this is what we had:
IMG_1632
Nothing but the best.  Try them yourself!

So later after B's bath (ergo the naked diaper only videos)  I asked him if he wanted some cream and he seemed all for it- I wasn't pressing hard enough and so he decided I lost my chance... (don't judge my disheveled self, we were out in the humid heat all day:)
But then when mom ate some it was cool to try it again... (it could be that he's my kid, but this video cracks me up)
I'm sure he won't be doing that again... OH fine. (:

20 lovely comments:

Bree and Bryce said... Reply To This Comment

Darling swmimsuit! Also, those crepes look delish!

Tanner ♥ Chaya said... Reply To This Comment

haha love the last video. To funny and cute!!

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

HahaHA! Did he say "Oh fine" after it got him?? Ha it doesn't even fit.

I just imagine some kid coming up and hitting him and Brody just walking away with "oh fine."

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

HAHAHA I cannot stop laughing HAHAHAHAHHAHA so cute!!!!!!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

such a cute swimsuit pattern! & I would say those crepes look yummy but I ate 4 donuts from today so i'm feeling pretty nasty:) nutella is a good idea for them!

Jamie said... Reply To This Comment

I love Crepes and yours look delish! Brody is "ALL FINE!" How cute! :)

leigh ashley said... Reply To This Comment

oh my goodness... i totally need to be more domestic and start COOKING! those crepes look awesome!! and that video of brody is priceless!! :)

Kathleen said... Reply To This Comment

I'm definitely going to have to try those crepes at some point! They look delicious!

Fiery Jack said... Reply To This Comment

The second video is awesome. Brody's the coolest.

And I love that Tony is watching the game in the background.

Bonnie said... Reply To This Comment

Those crepes look delish! I've always wondered how to make them. And, your gonna make that poor kid have nightmares about a whipped cream monster! Haha... He looks like he's scared of it.

Alexis Crum said... Reply To This Comment

You make me want to eeeeaaaaaatttttttttt. Those look so dang good!!! and your little boy is adorable!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

I find the different comments interesting. Some commented on Brody, some commented on the crepes, some commented on the swimsuit, but nobody commented on the apartment. Really looks nice Connie.

I'm fine too, oh boy.

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

i'm in the process of trying to find a new swim suit. problem is i have a baby belly and that baby bump is only going to get bigger during this HOT summer. so i'm having a hard time finding a suit (i want a tankini) that's long enough to cover my baby belly. i don't wanna try on maternity swim suits. hahaha

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Love the pattern of the swimsuit!! :)

Cute video! LOL! "Oh fine" Ha ha.

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

hahahahaha this is hilarious! girl, you make me laugh all the time. that meal looks so freakin good! get in my belly!

OH FINE.

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

Mike, i am watching a game in like every blog haha. Brody is so funny, i love that kid. can't wait to find out what our next one will be here in a couple weeks!

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

Rob's family makes blintzes (which are a lot like crepes) on every holiday but they fill it with this weird ricotta cheese mixture. I'm not much of a fan but every time we make them I always think I should make me some more like a crepe. I will definitely have to try your recipe.

Mauri said... Reply To This Comment

ah I totally tried that swimsuit on! It's darling! That video is hilarious!

Vanessa said... Reply To This Comment

Mmm crepes, they are always amazing! I need to try making these ASAP! The nutella is calling my name!!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

I haven't made crepes since Christmas! I will have to make them this Saturday as a celebration to myself that this school year is over! Brody will learn soon enough the joys of spraying whip cream in his mouth! He's so cute! Love, Mother