Saturday, May 8, 2010

Leaving AZ {again}

5-1-10 (6)5-1-10 (9)5-1-10 (12)5-1-10 (17)5-1-10 (21)5-1-10 (19)5-1-10 (22)5-1-10 (23)5-1-10 (29)  My wonderful sister-in-law Tricia threw the most excellent going away party for Brody and I!  My name is on a BANNER- how awesome is that!? 
I made the mistake of bringing only my powershot.  I can't believe how hideous the picture quality is compared to my other camera!  Kinda drives me nuts now- haha!  Oh well.
5-1-10 (3)5-1-10 (4)
Oh.... so where is Tony?  Ahhhh yes.. him.....well, for the last 5 WEEKS he's been in OKLAHOMA!  Yes, I almost keeled over.  Yes, pregnant, stressed with school, photo shoots galore, and "single" mom on top of that.  NEVER AGAIN!
Tony's boss wanted him to come out early this summer (for the new people, we move to Oklahoma each summer for my husbands job)... but little ol me had school to finish.  So I had to stay behind whaaaaaaaaaaa.
It was a rough 5 weeks.
BUT, I successfully got Brody off the Binky!  For good this time!
Course that meant no more naps- EVER.  He made me pay. haha
Anyway...
Owl City got me through the last month... at least, one night in concert and several other nights on iTunes editing away all lonely-like.  Tony and I had plans to go together- had the tickets and everything but he ended up leaving before the concert.  So I took the next biggest Owl City fan I know- my friend Natalie!  Good times!
He played "The Technicolor Phase" so my life was complete that night... who even cared I was about ready to spew on the kids around me.  I just sang and danced it off
(And more mediocre pictures, yer welcome;)
4-10-10 owl city (12)4-10-10 owl city (30)4-10-10 owl city (27)4-10-10 owl city (33)4-10-10 owl city (18)4-10-10 owl city (34)
A trip to see Tony three weeks into the craziness helped too.  I'll post that next... and then my trip to Oklahoma.  Cause I'm HERRRRRE now!  As of yesterday.  The trip was just Brody and my tired self.  We had such a blast though.
By the way thank you Eliza for this: "hang in there. i seriously feel like you're super woman sometimes."  I thought about that each day when things were extra hard! (You all are wonderful- thanks for the love, you make this blog even more fun for me :)

16 lovely comments:

cris (cristal) said... Reply To This Comment

wow the pictures rnt tht bad (: and concert pictures wow :o. cool.
have a great weeknd and happy mothers day :D

-cris

Bree and Bryce said... Reply To This Comment

oh connie how did you do it? bryce has only been gone a week and im an emotional wreck! dont know how i'll survive the next four! you truly are super woman! glad you guys had a safe road trip and youre back with your hubby!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

Cute going away party, See you there in a couple weeks!

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

the concert looks like a blast! love me some owl city!! you are so lucky to get out of this heat-death trap. xoxoxo

Rasha said... Reply To This Comment

Sooo jealous of the owl city concert!!!!! :D lucky.

Yay for no more heat!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Gee, I wish I could have been to the going away party, or for that matter, any party with you guys.

I miss you Connie, and I hope you have a good time in OK. I heard you did well in school. Dad is so proud.

Adrian said... Reply To This Comment

I am so jealous of the Owl City concert! I want to go to one so bad!

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

yay!! glad you are there safe :)

and i have no idea how you do that all alone for 5 weeks. crazy. you really are super woman.

annnnndddd....i'm jealous. owl city rocks.

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

So glad you made it safe and sound! I have no idea how you made it 5 weeks without your hubby. Four days a week almost kills me!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

That was nice of Tricia to throw you all a going away party! It's always good to see your life and experiences. Thanks for sharing! Thanks for commenting on my blog too! You're the best! Enjoy your summer in Oklahoma! Love, Mother

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

so how is Oklahoma? (:
daaang, each summer, like a vacation. lucky!
I'm glad you and yoor hubbs are reunited- I bet Brody was super relieved (:

*Mars* said... Reply To This Comment

You are amazing! Sheesh! Doing it all on top of being a pregnant mom without your hubby-you rock! Glad you're safe!

PS I love the new blog makeover :)

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

I didnt even get to say goodbye! Whaaa! Zach is going to the Phillipines in a couple of weeks for 3 weeks alone. Ive cried everyday just thinking about him leaving. I need tips my friend!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

Hahaha that concert..sooo many memories. Like the tall annoying old man that stood in the VERY front. Or the crazy old lady that refused to budge. Or the cool shirts we scored. And the autographs I got on my arm..uhh..by famous people ;)

I love you, Con! I miss you grr get home soon!

Austin and Ashtyn said... Reply To This Comment

Oh good ol OKC! I love it there. Probably just because thats where the selling phenomenon all started for me (not that its so great like with so much to do) but it definatly has that little spot in my heart! :) yes, I knew you were from here... I would love a map out of the stuff we need to hit up. I feel like there is endless amounts for us to see and do here!!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Glad you made it safely to OkC! I successfully got Mark off binkies a little while back. After I did, I was like, "Why the H-E-Double Hockey sitcks did I do that???" But it gets better. Oh and is it ok that I have no idea who Owl City is? Lol!
Have fun with your boys!!