Thursday, April 22, 2010

EASY Baked Chicken Parmesan

I discovered this recipe  while Tony was away from me for those 5 weeks.  I knew I'd be doing a lot of cooking during the summer (I DIDN'T during school- I had three nights of night classes and when we were together, we'd rather go somewhere.  haha.  So yeah, I think I made dinnner like 5 times in spring semester.  ANYWAY, so I knew I needed some new recipes to try.  This one is SOOO super easy and really good.  Tony likes it with corn on the cob... but he'd want corn on the cob with every dinner (;  And by the way, the picture isn't from the same site- it comes out a little different- but it's all the same, essentially.


Ingredients:

  • 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • seasoned bread crumbs
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 8 slices mozzarella cheese, or more
  • 1 jar (16 oz) spaghetti sauce
  • Parmesan cheese
  • noodles- cook according to box directions

Preparation:

Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in milk and egg mixture and then in bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in the hot oil on both sides until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set chicken in a baking dish.
Slice 8 pieces of mozzarella cheese and put two on each chicken breast. Pour 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more mozzarella and bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti, garlic bread and a nice green salad.

*** my changes:  I didn't use slices of mozzarella, I used the grated bagged stuff and it's the same result.  I didn't try to measure it- I just did it according to my own liking.  And the spaghetti sauce... DON'T use prego or something- unless it's chunk-free.  I actually just got 8oz cans of tomato sauce (the seasoned kind- don't get plain, it would be too plain) and it was divine!

2 lovely comments:

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

Yummmy... that looks really good. I guess now I know what to cook tomorrow. =)

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Yeah, this looks yummy. Thanks for posting! Love, Mother