Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dear Blogland,

Mind if I  weasel my way back into existence? I've been.... aloof.  I'm sorry I haven't been a good reader/commenter much either.  A lot has been going on for the past 5 weeks but have I blogged about it, reallly blogged about it?  Of course not...it's been fun too.  So hows about an update...tomorrow... orrrr sometime.  When my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode.. and my body will stop rejecting dinner.

But things are swell I have ONE more final which I get to take FIVE whole days before the rest of the class.  suckas. WOO HOO!  All my other teachers let me take the final early too... the only one I know how I did was a 100%.  HaaaaaaEY.  :p  My teachers love me... and for darn good reason!  I was reviewing this past semester in my head and I realized a few things:
  1. I never once missed class (except my monday morning class once when I was on a plane...I still need to blog about that trip... I DID make it to my Monday evening classes though, naturally)
  2. I never missed an assignment for any of my classes
  3. being a mom, with a photography business, makes being a full-time student difficult.  But check it- I managed! (See 1 & 2)
The best part of my week thus far was yesterday.  I was minding my own business in theory class when out of the blue my teacher writes my name on the board.... along with 6 others or so.  Then she made the announcement that I was exempt from my final!!  Talk about RELIEF!  Actually doing all my work and getting A's on my tests really paid off... I literally did a heel kick on my way out the music building door.  AHH!  (I'm really happy I don't have to take that, can you tell?)

Brody lately:
IMG_8825
IMG_8831
IMG_8835

I was out of cereal one morning so...

I was cut off when asking him if he's ever even had one before. According to Tony he has so that made sense of his excitement! OH BOY OH BOY! haha. Cutie.
IMG_0653
(If you are wondering if he's asked for donuts every morning since, I'd have to say yes.)

When you brush your kids teeth for the night and make train noises this is what you go in to find later:

I love this little boy!

Oh and a happy 200th post to me.
Hmmm... this looks like an update now don't it.  Well there's plenty more where that came from.  I'll tell ya later... if I survive the next few days.

17 lovely comments:

Alycia (Crowley Party) said... Reply To This Comment

you are simply amazing! I give props to all mom's out there going to school. They rock!

*Mars* said... Reply To This Comment

Wow full time student, photography business, & full time mom/wife....you rock! Seriously, that's awesome!

Rasha said... Reply To This Comment

Too cute. I cant imagine how much you're going through! love it.

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

Well hello pretty lady! Surprisingly I have the same reaction when someone asks if I want a donut. ha ha. Hes seriously going to marry presley because I love him.

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

you amaze me. for real. :) please share your secret with me as i will be taking on the same load starting in January (just switch out photography business with writing/publishing). Whew.

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Yay for you not having to take the final!!!

As always...Brody is adorable!

Marissa said... Reply To This Comment

That is awesome you didn't have to take the final!!

Brett and Emily said... Reply To This Comment

i know how you feel sister! hang in there!!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Wow. I feel kind of like a failure when I compare myself to your awesome work ethic! Get it girl!

Also, I am pretty sure Brody and I would be bffs. I feel the EXACT same way about donuts. Haha.

xoxo

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

O.k. then, we have to take him to the original Krispy Creme's right here in Alexandria, Va! He would love seeing the donuts as they are freshly made! He is sooo cute, and congratulations on being a stellar student---you are amazing daughter and I hope the morning/afternoon/evening sickness subsides soon

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

YES!! you are still here! congrats on finishing (almost) school! you worked so hard all year, and i admire the crap outta you! ;) love ya girl. that boy of yours is too stinkin cute.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Oh girl! I feel ya, I'm not preggo.. but I've been an absent blogger for over a week now. I still love you. Still love me? Ok, deal. Love the donut video! Too cute. He looked like he was doing a heal click too. Good luck with your finals! Summer is almost here!!!!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

Oh boy oh boy I can't wait until you hooligans take up permanent residence in the AZ once again. I am going to be deprived of concerts, cheesecake factory, and photo-outtings. BOO! <3 Be safe!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

whooo hoooo! Great job!

Aww Brody is a sweetie!

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

So glad your back! I had started to wonder if you'd already headed out to OK.

leigh ashley said... Reply To This Comment

new reader! i love your blog! and congrats on getting through the semester! woo hoo!!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

@leigh ashley Hi welcome! What's your blog link?? Your profile is blocked :/