Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today's thoughts

1.At Brody's 2 year well visit with the doctor, I was told if Brody's growth rate remained constant, or close to, he'd be my height when he's 12 and end up about 210lbs and 6' 4'' when he's full grown. Oh my. It literally made me squirm with amusement at the thought of my little baby like that. 6' 4''!!!!?? Awww.

2. I still dab grease off my pizza with a napkin.  Everyone has always told me it makes no difference but I still feel better sparing my body that extra fat..

3. then there was another thing that made me delight... and it was this quote:

"Life is way too short to be anything but wonderfully happy and grateful."

My friend Alexa has gone through so much this past year yet you read what she writes and you wouldn't even know it. What a positive attitude, even though things are still hard.
IMG_6114
I had the opportunity to do a photo shoot with her family and I witnessed a small taste of the struggles she faces on a daily basis. It was so humbling to me. She hit the nail right on the head of how to go about living your life.

15 lovely comments:

Jamie said... Reply To This Comment

I tell you this...I've been reading her blog for awhile now and seriously every time I need some time of positive re-enforcement or upliftment, I go read her blog! She is amazing! I'm just glad that she has her husband next to her again and love that you took their pictures together as a family!

Marci Darling said... Reply To This Comment

Such a beautiful family!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful photos! I adore Alexa..she is such a constant source of inspiration.

xoxo

Rasha said... Reply To This Comment

She is an inspiring woman!! love the pictures you took of her fam!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Lol! 6'4?!
I can't imagine my baby growing up. Weird to think someday our baby boys will be.. (gasp) men!

*Mars* said... Reply To This Comment

whoa 6'4"! Crazy to think I'm sure when he's still so little. Alexa has the best attitude and they are such a cute family. You did amazing on their pictures!

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

Connie this made me cry. Thank you thank you thank you so much for these sweet sweet words. You are a dear friend. Heart you!

and everyone else...
can you see me blushing through the computer?

Kellie said... Reply To This Comment

I just love Alexa. she's such an inspiring individual. And the pictures you took of their adorable family are just amazing.

KatOfDiamonds said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely ♥

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

I love you. And Lecksa. And I love your sweet sweet words, Connie. You are one of my favorite people. We need a good band to come to town again so we can have a date night :) Orr..we could just play at home with the Brodster. And photoshop hehe.

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

That Alexa. She gets us every time. This just seals the deal on Presley and Brody getting married. According to the Changmiester she is supposed to be 5'8" or beyond. PLus I married a 6'4" fellow myself.

Eliza said... Reply To This Comment

you already know i love al. and i really love that photo.

so i couldn't comment on the above post but i wanted to say that i LOVED goofy movie...actually i still do. i have so many lines memorized, like, "talk to me talk to me talk to me baybay."

also, i so feel you on the nap thing. i napped all the time when i was prego. i'm actually really scared for whenever i get prego again because i know it will be so much harder and i will definitely not have the luxury of napping amongst many other things.

hang in there. i seriously feel like you're super woman sometimes.

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

6'4"? 210 pounds? Just slightly bigger than Jed Rock, his Grandpa on your Nelson side, so it is completely feasible! He will be so studly! He's sooooooo adorable now and such a smart boy with an awesome, and good personality! I love him and miss him, Love, Grandma Nelson

Vanessa said... Reply To This Comment

Those words are so true. Alexa is so amazing. So inspiring.

Faith said... Reply To This Comment

BEAUTIFUL shot! good job!