Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lay off I'm STARVING!

So far this pregnancy has been a little different than my first.  I would have to say my pregnancy with Brody was probably the most perfect pregnancy a girl could have (including labor).  I wasn't sick, I wasn't in pain, no stretch marks, no permanent weight gain (and actually I lost everything I gained and then some!), no swollen feet.  Not to mention, my doctor told me to eat eat eat- even eat a bowl of ice cream every night!  Seriously!  I gained 18 lbs total being pregnant with Brody.  My doctor said, "I don't say this often but you can literally eat whatever you want.  Eat a bowl of ice cream every night to get your weight up."  How perfect is that?  I ask you.

But this one.... whoaaa.  Maybe it's a girl.  I hear you can feel differently when you are carrying a boy vs girl.  I'm more hoping for a boy so Brody has a close buddy but either way I'll be extremely happy.  

Oh yeah... but yes, this pregnancy has been a little different... in that, I feel pretty sick to my stomach every morning till late afternoon (sometimes all day and I have a hard time falling asleep at night) and I'm TIRED.  Oh man, am I always tired.  I'm also freakishly hungry and I wasn't with Brody (i never had cravings with Brody... I'm still not and I hope it stays that way).  I already feel bloated.  I didn't start showing for a looong while with Brody so what gives?  Oh well.  I'm not... throw-up-sick, thank goodness, but I just feel kind of  blah.  It could be that now I'm going to school and running a bit of a business in addition to everything else- whereas, with Brody I sat for 8 hours in the front office at Mesa Pediatrics.  Actually it was more involved than that but at least I got to wear comfy scrubs my whole pregnancy.  That, I could get used to.

Anyway so I found out on Monday that I'm 7 weeks (I know for sure- I was just guessing before)- due November 26- black friday, woo woo!  So it either means I miss out on all the good shopping I usually do, and possibly Thanksgiving festivities, OR I'll still get to go shopping and it'll be an excellent way to try to induce labor.  I'd be good with any of that.  With Brody I went into labor on my own the day after my scheduled due date.  I should be pretty close this time.
SO here's the sonogram picture.  Enjoy the snapshot of my uterus...







and that adorable little bean that will soon make me a sick monstrosity. (well not if I can help it)
You'd still love me right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
***UPDATED***
And the new winner of the La Monique Boutique headband is SHELBY!  (The other winner never contacted me and I had no way to contact her!)  You're not linked so email me within 48 hours and claim yo prize otherwise I will have to draw someone else!  Thanks!



True Random Number Generator  23Powered by RANDOM.ORG

20 lovely comments:

crissy said... Reply To This Comment

you generally feel different with each pregnancy, but major/noticeable differences can be caused because your new baby is a different gender than your first.
either way, new babies are blessings. boy or girl, it will all be awesome and perfect.

tHe ApPeLs said... Reply To This Comment

our babies are only a week apart!

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

I hope when I decide to have kids it can be like your first pregnancy. I'm scared about stretch marks because I'm so tiny, any bit of weight is going to have to stretch me lol. Gotta love eating ice cream every night though.

I was born on Black Monday (1987), then stock markets crashed.

JED said... Reply To This Comment

I am always starving too, and I have never been pregnant... I wonder why?

I love you Connie baby!

Kellie said... Reply To This Comment

Aw.. I'm so excited for you. I hope things start going as smoothly as they did with Brody though!

Dallin and Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

feeling sick is no fun, I hope it goes away for you soon. so when do you guys move??? how long will you be gone?

Alycia (Crowley Party) said... Reply To This Comment

oooh pregnancy SO exciting!
p.s. I grew up near the San Diego temple as well. I am from PQ! haha How about you?

cris (cristal) said... Reply To This Comment

beeautiful picture of ur baby.. so cute.

-cris

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

To me: SHE looks beautiful, (I see a little girl head and little girl arms) though if you are having a boy, sorry to my 2nd grandson from you and 5th grandchild in all! At either rate, I am excited for your uterine growth! Come to think of it, the way you describe your tiredness was precisely the way I was feeling when I was pregnant with you, so chances are, SHE is coming soon! I know you mentioned some names---Kenly, etc., but could you include that with your comments back? It is never to early to start thinking about the names. And, don't worry about your ravenous moods. They weigh each other out! I once ate a whole watermelon when I was pregnant with you (and not the wimpy sized ones---the gynormous sized ones!) I love you so much! I wish I could be there to share in your everyday moments more, but thanks for keeping me updated through your blogging. I will try to do the same for you! Love your best friend, Mother

Aaron and Jeanette Radmall said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so excited you are going to have another cute baby! Congrats!

Heather Taylor said... Reply To This Comment

That itty bitty baby photo is so precious!

*Mars* said... Reply To This Comment

aww the little bean. How cute. Wow your first pregnancy sounds delightful & every woman's dream! I hope I can get away with that my first time around.

Cole said... Reply To This Comment

hoping for a boy for you. 2 boys is so much fun. adorable blog!

nicole
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

jordan said... Reply To This Comment

so cute. and SO exciting! :) i'll be honest, it would be kind of wild {slash awesome} to see a huge pregnant belly running around on black friday!

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

As you know I pretty much died my first 18 weeks of being pregnant but I had a friend tell me when I told her I was having a girl, " no wonder youve been so sick, two woman should never live that close together". She would know too she was extrememly sick with both her pregnancies, both girls.

M said... Reply To This Comment

AW! Your baby is already so cute :)

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

awww look at lil peanut. i bet it is a girl! and she will be so cute. wooohooo! bring on the pink....and drama. ;)

♥Aubrey said... Reply To This Comment

Congrats on the pregnancy!!!
Wow...my doc told me to EAT MORE too :) Funny huh?

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

$10 says its a girl! Good luck with this one. I hope the sick-y feeling wears off soon!!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

My gosh, that is awesome... the due date... not the being sick part haha. Again congrats!! I sure wish you luck during this pregnancy, I didn't like the cravings or the gaining weight part... haha but babies are blessings... awww... (: