Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm what the French call les incompétent

So today?  Not my best day.  You can pretty much sum today up as a big fat failure coming from all angles.  I started the day thinking in my mind while driving westbound on the 60, "what's the deal with this sudden traffic?"  There was zero traffic at the start of the semester and now every morning without fail...traffic.  It was at about that time that I decided to get over a lane when a friend thought he didn't want that- so he sped up- forcing me back in my lane.  Little did I know the car in front of me was at a dead stop.  *CRUNCH.  No worries though!  It was like bumper cars... I was already going fairly sllllow....*cough.  And all that happened was my dead bugs transferred to her clean bumper.  Now I'm the reason for the traffic (sorry dudes)

Later I scurried my butt and Brody's over to the mall to redeem a buckle gift card I've had since Christmas.  I've had my eye on this particular shirt online but I was certain they wouldn't have it in the store.  Well they did!  But then I managed to lose my keys after a couple hours of meandering through the joint (entire mall).  Luckily though, they were FOUND!  (left them in a dressing room)

What next?

-didn't succeed in getting Brody to nap today
-was late for my evening Astronomy lecture
-got eaten alive by bugs while laying out yesterday and paid the price today.

But when you really think about it I

-am a little tanner (little bit)
-was fashionably late (oh yes)
-found that shirt I was dying to get
-DIDN'T have any damage to my car- or hers
-and spent more time with my little guy.

I guess it was a swell day after all.  Filled with normal everyday stuff but also blessings.

And as for my title... obviously kidding.  I'm not...  nor do I condone people thinking they are.  Love yourself, by golly! heh.  K, done now....
(no he wasn't happy there. haha)

22 lovely comments:

Vanessa said... Reply To This Comment

I love how you put a positive spin on things! <3

Jill said... Reply To This Comment

Cute photos! Sounds like a rough day.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Love it. Way to make lemonade from lemons. :)

Alycia (Crowley Party) said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely pictures.

Bree and Bryce said... Reply To This Comment

Wow! Sounds like you actually had aa very lucky day! Glad everything turned out ok! The pics are beautiful!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Wow! So much can happen in just a day! I am soooooooo glad you are safe and well. Keep those Grandkids of mine safe, happy and healthy too! (Eat well and play a lot)! You are an amazing daughter and I loved talking to you on the phone today. You are the best! Love, Mother

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

what a day!!!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

I miss my little guy. I heard some moron didn't want to babysit him...I did it for free! He is such a happy little boy.

Marci Darling said... Reply To This Comment

love your headband! and I envy your tan and buckle giftcard.

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

I think its called being pregnant! haha glad nothing major happened with the car accident and you and the baby are ok.

M said... Reply To This Comment

I love your positive attitude :)

Alex said... Reply To This Comment

Ok so your blog (and you, and your cutie pie son) is like the CUTEST! Love that I randomly stumbled upon it tonight :)

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

Oh so glad no damage was done to your car. What a rough day!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

awwwwwh connie. haha. finding joy in the journey, that is why i LOVE you.

i think i am going to find "joy" in this "journey" (studying at 3am) by taking a 4 hour nap before full day of work.

text me so we can catch up! <3 mwah

Faith said... Reply To This Comment

I just wanted to let you know I'm hosting a photography blog hop on my blog - I thought you might like to participate! :)

mike said... Reply To This Comment

crazy....I love it when after what seemed to be a bad day I notice all the little blessings of the Lord and it doesn't seem so bad anymore! Love ya sis

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

you are adorable and so is your little man. so glad your day turned out ok!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

I've done the same thing! I was following a friend to dinner and she stopped and I didn't. Talk about embarrassing, hitting your friend's car! We should be more careful :)

Mustika Sari Sayuti said... Reply To This Comment

Your boy is so CUTEEEEEEE!
I love these pictures!!! :)

becki said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks for your good example!

I love that you were rocking some whippy cake too!