Monday, March 29, 2010

the party

Theme: beach/surf Colors: red, light blue, white, brown.
The invites:
IMG_6452
IMG_6457

Brody's birthday party was a lot of fun to put together.  I didn't go crazy with decorations or the theme but I think it turned out!  I decided it would be best to have it in our own backyard and I'm sooo glad we did!  Made things that much easier.  No cupcake transporting.  If you recall from last year, I have bad luck with cupcakes in cars.  It only took me an hour to frost these, that's all (chocolate and red velvet).  In case you are wondering, the frosting recipe is from {this} recipe and it's absolutely my favorite. .  I loved the banner I made- I was especially proud of that because I didn't measure or anything.  It's sturdy too so I could reuse it if I ever wanted to.. I think these pictures speak for themselves so enjoy!
IMG_7577
IMG_7578
IMG_7595copyIMG_7591
IMG_7595
IMG_7598
IMG_7676
IMG_7608
IMG_7627
IMG_7654
IMG_7605
IMG_7635
IMG_7777
IMG_7794
IMG_7652
IMG_7680
IMG_7718
IMG_7732
It was fun!

33 lovely comments:

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

Very cute banner. And I love the things sticking out of the cupcakes, and that there's some of the cars and B's throughout the rest of the decorations. It makes it look really nicely put together.

Jacque said... Reply To This Comment

You are amazing! I don't think I am half as creative as you. The party looks like a ton of fun!

{PS my boys have those plaid shorts too!}

Char and Trent said... Reply To This Comment

So cute Connie! and congrats on the pregnancy! Brody is so big and so cute.
ps. do you have a muffin top pan? the cake that brody is holding looks like it came from a muffin top pan. i have one and i love it :)

Char and Trent said... Reply To This Comment

PSS. I looked at your post about the frosting. Do you have a kitchen aid or is that a different kind of standing mixer?

sarah.elizabeth<3 said... Reply To This Comment

seriously SO cute. i can't wait for my future kids' birthdays (even though i have no kids now and will not for a few more years.. hopeful thinking i suppose. :] ). your cupcakes look awesome!

crissy said... Reply To This Comment

I love the decorations. I always dream of planning and decorating for parties for my kids, but I'm a horrible planner with not a lot of time, so it doesn't really happen. :(
Happy Birthday to your little guy. 2 is a fun and crazy age, but I'm sure it'll only get crazier with each year... ;)

j & s said... Reply To This Comment

k im a little behind on reading posts so first...congrats on the new little one! i will now be living vicariously through you! (because i dont need another one right now but i love the adventure with having one cook inside) secondly..im just going to have to hire you to do EVERYTHING for me now! photos, bday decorating..what aren't you absolutely amazing at??!! :)

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

This party looks FABULOUS! Oh my goodness Connie- the decorations are amazing!

{megs in wonderland} said... Reply To This Comment

youre my hero.

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

The hot dogs were so good, the cupcakes were adorable (and quite tasty), Jordan didn't get to tell his "What does the B stand for" joke, we very much enjoyed hanging out with you, Brody did an awesome Diego dance, and you didn't post any super awkward pictures of me. Great party!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

WAY too darn cute. Uhh you know what else is cute?! YOU AND I ROCKING OUT TO OWL CITY ON THE 10TH!! I LOVE YOU.

I miss you, too. Play soon? Photoadventure?

Jamie said... Reply To This Comment

You are so creative! I'm not the crafty mom! AT ALL! I wish I was...I think i'm going to start practicing! This is such a cute party and the pics are amazing as always!

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

wow it turned out so dang cute!!! oh and congrats on being prego! so happy for you guys!

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

ummm....hi. this turned out SOOOO cute. please teach me your secret to being so freakin adorable!! :)

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Connie, Dad and I wish we could have been there, but our goal is to spend many more birthdays with Brody, so we have to live within our means now to do that. I am glad he liked the bike we got him. Could you blog with the pictures of the geotraxs? It's the only way we get to see our little guy enjoying the toys we got him. Congratulations on such a wonderful party. Love, Mom

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Boy did I miss the little guy. :(

I hope he enjoyed the stuff we got him.

Have you ever heard Tom Petty's verison of "Free Fallin?" That was the original and in my mind the best verison.

Vanessa said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like such a fun party! The details are sooooo cute! Love it!

emily said... Reply To This Comment

wow! it looks like the perfect birthday!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Charde- No it's not a kitchen aid or a muffin top pan! It's my regular handheld mixer with the whisk attachment on it and I have some mini cake pans.
Thanks everyone for the sweet comments! And dad...of COURSE I know about Tom Petty's version, I like it a lot too I just felt like this one :p

Mauri said... Reply To This Comment

oh my goodness! CUTEST PARTY!! Love it. Simple yet adorable! Happy 2 to your little man! :)

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

So cute!!!

ashley wright said... Reply To This Comment

you should have people pay you to do their parties for them! I would totally pay you to do our parties!!! you are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!! Brody looks so big!

Mari said... Reply To This Comment

This is such a beautiful party Connie!! I love it so much and everything looks so perfect!

Faas Fam said... Reply To This Comment

My goodness, you are so talented with everything! Very, very impressed. Cute blog by the way. And congrats on #2! Very exciting.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

What a fun theme! I bet Brody loved it! :)

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

Connie excellent job on the party! I wish I could have been there (& xander keeps commenting "I want to go to Brody's" "I want to go there") He also said he wants his cars bike. :)

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

It truly was a darling party! So glad we were invited!

firecrackers said... Reply To This Comment

this is beautiful! i love it...i wish it was my birthday party. happy birthday to your baby!

Sarah Ann said... Reply To This Comment

I love those invitations! :) Happy birthday brody!

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

Seriously this made my heart melt. You threw such a beautiful party.

Chelsea said... Reply To This Comment

Very cute!!! How is Brody handeling the fact that he will have a new brother or sister?!?!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Awww! What a cute party!! :)

Faith said... Reply To This Comment

AWWW! This party is the BOMB! SO pretty:) and you have such nice pictures. I'm usually too busy to take any good pics.