Saturday, March 20, 2010

the carnival

IMG_6545vintage
IMG_6476
I remember when I was little I was convinced there was a monster under my bed.
IMG_6479
IMG_6483
IMG_6513
My parents told me not to worry, there wasn't- they promise.
IMG_6532
IMG_6534
IMG_6540
It was my biggest fear at that young age, even though it was so silly.
IMG_6551
IMG_6574
They kept telling me I'd be fine;
IMG_6614
and I always was.
IMG_6618
How did they even know?
IMG_6626
They didn't have to sleep there.
IMG_6625
But somehow they always knew and it was only a matter of time until I did.
IMG_6608
Eventually, I stopped worrying if my arm was hanging over the side of the bed.
IMG_6635
Eventually, I liked having the door closed instead of open a crack.
IMG_6656
I started to see there was nothing to be afraid of.
IMG_6636
IMG_6646
Mom and dad were right.
IMG_6648
IMG_6651
I love that it's my turn to be mom.
IMG_6660
IMG_6682
I get to be the one to calm fears....
IMG_6704
IMG_6702
IMG_6752
no matter how silly.

29 lovely comments:

Miss Priss Morgan said... Reply To This Comment

Those pictures are gorgeous!!! It makes me want to try textures and vintage stuff on mine...

PS Your outfit is adorable.

chazandamber said... Reply To This Comment

oh my gosh my husband i rode th ferris wheel there tonight! Way cute dress and i love your pics!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

Hey you guys were behind our apartment! Love the pics and the dress!

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

connie...you are just too cute. i'm loving the outfit!! and the pics are gorgeous. as always.

Sara said... Reply To This Comment

You are such a cutie!

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

haha oh Brodska. i think what scared him most was the fact that they were blarring Lady Freak-Ga when we first got there. I guess he IS scared of monsters, just like you were. haha!

Rasha said... Reply To This Comment

I wanted to go to this! Gorgeous pictures, Love them.

ashley wright said... Reply To This Comment

hey i love this post connie. super cute. Brody is so handsome :)

ps. sometimes i STILL think there are monsters under my bed !!

OH, how do you know amber standage?! i just saw her comment above :) she's my first cousin :) how fun!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

I love the dress, and of course, I love those shoes---you have a way of making my cast offs look amazing! I also love, love, love, those handsome boys in your pictures. Are they brothers? Love, Mom ps I just got to read your other blogs and I am so going to copy you on your necklace untangler. I was mistakenly waiting for an overpriced necklace amoire to make it into my house someday, but that day never came! I love you all and hope Brody's second birthday this Friday is fantastic!

Niki {A*Lovely*Lifestyle} said... Reply To This Comment

LOVE these shots.

and i love the two shots from our shoot that you posted. can't wait to see more...

JED said... Reply To This Comment

I loved the crocs. Brody seems so grown up, but then he is almost TWO!

I always told you there was no monster so you would let down your guard and he would get you. You were too careful Connie...

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

Gorgeous!

Alycia (Crowley Party) said... Reply To This Comment

Great Pictures! Such a sweet family. I got to say I LOVE your sons chubby baby cheeks. Those are always my favorite on little kids :)

Mauri said... Reply To This Comment

oooh looove these pictures! I went there Sat night! You are too cute-loving the outfit. Your little boy is adorable.

Marci Darling said... Reply To This Comment

your outfit is to die for!

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

this was an amazing post! those pictures are so so darling. i love that brody boy. he is soooo funny! and i love you! you look hot!! xoxo

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

I love the carnival pictures!!! You are so cute. And so is your family.

Heather Taylor said... Reply To This Comment

You have such a gorgeous family and these pictures make me long for a ferris wheel and some funnel cake :)

Sailor and Co said... Reply To This Comment

SO charming :)

Kayla said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayla said... Reply To This Comment

Those pictures are stunning. You and your family look so happy!!!

http://senseofstyleiseternal.blogspot.com/

Faith said... Reply To This Comment

These are SUCH pretty photos of your family!! :)

Kellie said... Reply To This Comment

Your outfit slays me. I love it.
And your pictures are amazing!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

I love the pictures!! Brody is sooo cute!! :)

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

I love the colors of the carnival. I can't wait for the fair to come! Great pics!

Chelsea said... Reply To This Comment

oh my god this was the cutest post ever!!!!! I think it may be my al time favorite blog post from any blog :)

P.S. Congrats on getting another chance to be a mom to a new baby!!!! What are you hoping for? Boy or Girl?

Chelsea said... Reply To This Comment

P.S. where did you get the dress it is adorable!

{megs in wonderland} said... Reply To This Comment

you could not look any more beautiful in these photos connie!!! holy cow, i envy your style and your hair and your FACE and your life!!!

seriously. youre gorgeous.

that is all.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Aw! I'm crying a little. That was beautiful. Being a mom is the best.