Thursday, February 4, 2010

a night on the town

0204001841
It's never too early to start disappointing your child by waving puppies in front of his face just to yank him away 10 minutes later.  I have taken Brody to this very pet shop 3 times in a week span.  I'm a horrible mother, do you want to know why?..... 0204001846 horrible mom because:  I have no intention on buying him a puppy.  Not now, not everAhhahahaha!  Muahahahaha!  Ok, that's probably not true.  Besides, I see this lil guy looking up at me and how can I help but ooh and aww.0202001529b I had a few moments to myself while Tony tried on a 75 dollar shirt when I realized that EVERYTHING I was wearing came from the same store.  Shirt, crochet cover-up vest, skinny jeans, necklace, and sandals.  I'm an advertisement, that doesn't get paid.  Whatthefreak
0204001906Then we waltzed over to American Eagle- which oddly enough I stopped shopping at.  I used to buy lots of stuff there but not for a while. huh.  Wonder why.  Anyway.  I entertained myself by making Brody say hi to all the mannequins and I gifted myself with the cutest bedazzled cardigan.  Could I be anymore girl.  I ask you.
0205000021 I was glad we walked in there- Tony found an equally attractive polo for 8 bones.  Life is good to me. (I may or may not be a girl version of George Costanza..Immmaa little cheap.  I am in love with sales and clearance racks..it's where I found this lil number, of course.  Go me.)

As any good night should end, we headed over to Chick-fil-a.  I LOVE that place!  Ohm nom nom..Number one with Polynesian sauce and a lemonade, stat!  Tony watches with wide eyes as I devour my meal, before I even get a chance to pick it up.  LAY OFF I'M STARVING!!! (er, something like that..)

Oh dern it I'm getting ahead of myself.  So we headed over there... the entire ride Brody was chanting "CHICKEN! CHICKEN!" (seriously was) SO I knew how excited he had to be to get what was coming next.  We walk in- knowing it was family night and B's meal would be freeeeee!  Remember:  GEORGE COSTANZA.  Cheap is like angelic music and a pillar of light above me.  So you can imagine what FREE means. 
Anyway.
I proceed to order and the kind ma'am says, "OH, sorry family night ended 10 minutes ago".  I was like, "He!  Oh... just 10 minutes...phew.  You scared me.  I thought it ended hours ago!  Well, surely you'll still give my starving chicken-obsessed child his free meal.  You kind hearts are surely not that cheap.  What is it, a couple bucks?"  (or at least that ran through my little head.. what was actually said I do not recall.)
"NOPE!  SORRY!"
ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!  You've got to be kidding me!
What did I learn in my meditation class?  Oh right... breathe breathe...


And THAT is a night on the town.  Thursday night edition.
As for Friday night... well, that's when things get freak-ay!!
pile o laundry 
Pile o laundry:  YOU- ME- tomorrow night.  Bow chicka bow wow..

21 lovely comments:

Staci said... Reply To This Comment

That is hilar about the mannequins. That would be something I would do. Sorry about the kids meal tho.. I hate when they put a time limit on it. Round here it ends like at 5 an I don't even get oFf till 5:30. Stupid people. Anyways have a good weekend..

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

The laundry cracked me up. Well at least you aren't me with a load of laundry that a pen exploded on (and it dried!) AND a weeks load of laundry for a family of 5 piled up waiting for me today or tomorrow (if I get to it) ugg so what are the "family night" hours?

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Ha ha. You make me laugh!!! :)

Have a great weekened!

Marci Darling said... Reply To This Comment

BAHAHAH, hilarious!

I love your cardi. I don't pay full price for anything.

And I seriously hope that Chik-fil-a woman felt like a moron. 10 minutes? She should have given you the deal.

You could always blame Tony for having to try on the wicked expensive shirt. But that 8 bones was a deal!!

Dallin and Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

you can bring Brody over and he can play with my dog. The only problem... my dog might be like twice his size!! haha

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

I love you. You are stinking hilarious. Wednesdays are the only day that doesnt work for me. so lunch any other days are good.

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

hahahaha connie you crack me up. serioiusly. love this. i've never been to chick-fil-a...

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

I truly am waiting for the day when you and Tony will break for Brody's sake and get that puppy!
Maybe when he's ten and says---But Dad, I promise to feed him/her and take care of him/you, you won't have to do anything! Besides, He's/She's free! $3,000.00 for surgery and 15 years later, there's no such thing as a free puppy! Kids grow up and you are back taking care of the dog you got for them. But, was it worth it? Only you can be the judge! I know you two will eventually break down for Brody's sake!

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

After watching my sisters dog for only ONE week, two pairs of chewed up (favorite) shoes, four holes in the carpet and pee in my room... nuh-uh! NEVER! NUNCA! NEVER EVER EVER!!! :)
But I do love playing with other people's dogs haha.
Connie someday next year I'm going to start making my blog as cute as yours then we can compete haha jk. Love your blog.

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

hahaha you are hilarious my dear! this post was awesome. i love their polynesian sauce so much too! and nothing beats shopping! nothing, i tell you. I ♥ you and love your romantic relationship with your laundry.

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

Haha, this (and you) are hilarious! I love it! I love Brody's "CHICKEN!!" and your "cheapness" that gets AMAZING clothes for amazing prices, and that bedazzled sweater.

You are awesome.

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

I think you are all to aware of how cheap I am as well. It's almost like an addiction. I love seeing how much money I save. I really don't think I buy anything full price...ever...not even food.

I can't imagine the disappointment you must have felt not getting Brody his free meal!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

ughh i HATE laundry.

srsly. loathe.

you, however, i love. lots and lots of love.

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Okay the first sentence alone made me lol-for real.

By the by, I cannot believe how big Brody is! He is a cuteness monster! Please tell me his cute self STILL got his chicken!?

As for that laundry pile...you and me both, my friend. You and me both...

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Okay the first sentence alone made me lol-for real.

By the by, I cannot believe how big Brody is! He is a cuteness monster! Please tell me his cute self STILL got his chicken!?

As for that laundry pile...you and me both, my friend. You and me both...

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE THE NUGGETS FROM CHICK FIL A

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Yes Brody still got his chicken! The family night deal ended at 7:30. 7:30!! Why not 7:04 or something normal like that..

But I digress. Life is good(:

ashley wright said... Reply To This Comment

haha! you crack me up girl. I can't believe stinky person wouldnt give you brody's free meal :( what a winner. looks like a fun family outing :) you guys are the cutest!

ashley wright said... Reply To This Comment

haha! you crack me up girl. I can't believe stinky person wouldnt give you brody's free meal :( what a winner. looks like a fun family outing :) you guys are the cutest!

Lecia said... Reply To This Comment

Oh man, why did you have to remind me of my pile of laundry right during quality blog-reading time?

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

PUPPIES ARE THE BEST and a child's best friend! :)