Saturday, January 23, 2010

A tale of two shoes

This semester is going to be a long one.. I can feel it in my bones.  I hate that phrase... I can feel it in my bones.  eh.

Anyway it came to my attention that it has been about 6. days. since I last blogged (if you don't count my photo blog).  What is that, 3 months in blog years?  Close enough.

So anyway... school started again.  So far it's been kind of hectic- my schedule is never set until like a week after school starts- don't ask me why.  I just can't ever get one quite the way I need/like it, I s'pose.  Part of the credit for that, however, goes to the awesome music department.  Thanks music department for making me wait in lines.  So long to "making memories" (my old title for the new peeps in town) maybe my new title should've been "making me wait in lines."  I was thinking about it and I swear 1/3 of our life is spent sleeping, another chunk is eating, and the rest is waiting.  ...Waiting rooms... the smaller waiting room- that you think means you're going to see the doctor soon... and lines.  Lines lines lines.  Nothing but lines.  Kill me. (No don't)

hmmmmn.  Tangent.

So what has little ole me been up to?  I can't really recall...  but I do recall these love-a-ley leather boots. 011

See these lovely leather boots?  They are great, no?  I had the gumption to wear them in the rain.

This pouring rain

0121001237and this pouring rain0121001236

oh and this. ..pouring... hail.

041051

I thought for sure my $50-DSW-sale-rack-boots were goners.  It would've been a shame too, because I've only worn them once.  But I'll tell you what these bad boys survived!  I know, I know.  Thank you. I know.

And that my friends is what you call a "highlight of my week".  I know what you're thinking- *amazing* week.

And naturally there was play time with Brody... me asking him to construct me with his Mister Potato Head.   Here's what he came up with...

070065073

how's that for an ego boost.

But how's this:  thanks friends for the recent blog awards!

076 

Really my week has consisted of spending time with these cute boys. Picture perfect. 

Wait...

078

there we go.

That's all from me.

Picture2

18 lovely comments:

Terresa said... Reply To This Comment

Love the boots & Mr. Potato head. It's been way too long since we've unearthed ours...

Happy rain days!

One Cluttered Brain said... Reply To This Comment

Love the Potato head face.
HEE-HEE.
Nice blog. LOL at the last time you blogged. You are right. 6 days kinda does feel like 3 months in Blogland.
;) I finally updated my writer blog today for the first time in a long time. got here thru MMB best posts...

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

Love it! Super sexy boots my lady. LOVE mr. potato head. He's never looked better. Love you friend! And miss you.

Staci said... Reply To This Comment

Great picture to end post with!!

Beary Bee said... Reply To This Comment

I love your pictures! And no lie... I felt pretty darn special that you commented on my blog about my BabyBee! I love Brody and think he is so cute! And the pictures of your house are so amazing! You have great taste.

Berit

Meg said... Reply To This Comment

awww what a little cutie!

Brett and Emily said... Reply To This Comment

um that pic at the end is amazing!!! I love the rain!

Brett and Emily said... Reply To This Comment

um that pic at the end is amazing!!! I love the rain!

Lauren Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

way to go in saving the boots! that. is. amazing.

YOU have a fabulous weekend!

Justin and Stefanie said... Reply To This Comment

um.. im thinking that is a fantastic idea. ok buddy keep on entertaining us all! and hello cute boots!!

Chelsea said... Reply To This Comment

I just love the sunset picture , gorgeous!!:)

Dallin and Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

I love those boots! I can never find any that I think are cute on me. I loved the rain!!! I wanted it all monsoon season and didn't get much but this week definitely made up for it!!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

I don't understand why you worried about your boots getting wet, mine get wet all the time!

I loved the potato head, but don't get the binky. I like the binky...

Marci Darling said... Reply To This Comment

I adore those boots :)

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

Did you not love all that rain! It was saweet. brody melts my heart. and so do your boots. I love a good pair of boots.

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

"I feel it in my bones" is one of my favorite lines from the 2003 Peter Pan. HA!

also:
"Hey look, I'm Picasso!"

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

My heart is melting at Brody's spud-face rendition of you! SO CUTE! So. Dang. Cute.

PS your photog is just brilliant. I am so impressed. SO IMPRESSED. AH you rock!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

I still think Brody nailed your boots right on (even if you said BLACK was the only color he could pick)! Afterall, when he walks with you, that is mostly what he sees! I love your posts! They are awesome as is your family. What a great sunset shot. It should be sent into Sunset magazine. They often have a contest for the best sunset shot! Love, Mother