Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A question.. with a pinch of random

Did you know I grew up in southern California? 16 years bay-bee. And well, as all good California girls do once in a while, today I was missing the beach ._.

158copy1250copy3

But anyway...

I need YOU! Thrusts finger at computer screen… ok: for my Arizona pals, I’m looking for a tailor.. someone who can take this:

Copy of 6-9-08 03222

And make it fit my after-baby-body (it needs taking IN! hooray! heh.)… anyway a photo shoot depends on it. No I'm not getting married again.  Don't ask questions-  all will be explained in time.  Besides, I just told you.  But let me know if you or someone you know alters for cheap (and not the $250 Susanne’s Bridal wanted to charge me).

AND LASTLY

I added some music to my blog… I know a lot of people don’t like that; but today, I need it.  (And I know this is my blog, but yes, I do care about my readers and whether or not they are annoyed by Miley Cyrus suddenly blaring at them, capiche? haha); I need more music in my life … after all, the way I see it-

when words fail music speaks. or something.

So enjoy the music… and before you ditch this website, let me know who can sew my dress.. please and thanks!!

23 lovely comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

There is a girl in my design program that does alterations, and from the sound of it, she is cheap and legit. Want me to get you her number?

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

I love having raised you kids in California! Having been born in Texas myself, I had to play MASH like a maniac, but I always put down California, Arizona, and Hawaii as places I wanted to live. I got one of the three and you got two of the three---lucky duck! I'm so glad for your blessed life. You are truly a woman of wonder and I am so blessed that you and I are mother/daughter, but more importantly FRIENDS EXTRORDINAIRE! I trust you with all my heart! Love, Mother

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

sadly, i don't know anyone who does good alterations.

but YAY and CONGRATS for needing your wedding dress taken IN after a baby! that's amazing!

and i'm glad you put music on. i've been thinking of putting music back on mine. it's been awhile.

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Long time family friend offered to make my wedding dress for free (I ended up finding one) and made my sisters which turned out beautifully. I'm sure she wouldn't charge you much (she's now a relative by marriage). She lives in Phoenix though.

Also, Stefanie Rapier does alterations and etc. I think Natalie could get hold of her better than I could though. stefanieg@gmx.ch

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Long time family friend offered to make my wedding dress for free (I ended up finding one) and made my sisters which turned out beautifully. I'm sure she wouldn't charge you much (she's now a relative by marriage). She lives in Phoenix though.

Also, Stefanie Rapier does alterations and etc. I think Natalie could get hold of her better than I could though. stefanieg@gmx.ch

JED said... Reply To This Comment

I don't miss the beach, but boy do I miss my little girl...

Lauren Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

i really enjoy the music! do you what YOU want! :)

the beach looks WONDERFUL...

i can't wait to see what you do with the wedding dress!
i wish i knew a tailor...but i live in texas.

Marci Darling said... Reply To This Comment

Music rules. So do you.

I wish I could help you with the dress thing...but I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help.

Katie said... Reply To This Comment

I love the music! It's always a treat for me and I've actually ended up finding several songs I like and buying them based off of what people put on their blogs.

Sorry I'm no help with the dress.

Brett and Emily said... Reply To This Comment

the lady who does all of arizona bridals stuff is amazing. its her own business out of her house in chandler and she is by far the best around and cheap! just call az bridal and ask for the lady who does all the alterations and they will give you her number. im serious

KatOfDiamonds said... Reply To This Comment

I am a Colorado girl and I miss the beach too! ;o)

Such a beautiful wedding dress and way to go with the baby weight, or rather the non-baby weight! Congratz dude!

PS. Who designed your layout?

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

So I am no help to you, but how did you get your picture to look angled? I guess I need to learn a few more things on blogging...

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

0' yeah, playing MASH growing up, I also put down UTAH and you started out life there and lived there later, so you actually got three out of four to my two out of 4. Unlike Jed, I REALLY miss the beach. I would like to live by the ocean. There is something magical about it. I do hope that we get to live closer someday. Love, Mother You are beautiful in that dress and in the picture on the beach!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

You should come back to California...and that is totally my un-biased opinion! haha

You are a beauty as is that dress! Hooray for taking it in (um that is what he told her, sorry!)

I cannot sew..and I like the music!!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

Taken in; pah! <--that is me scoffing.

Photoshoooot? Dude, text me details! Sounds fun!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

No idea on the tailor thing.. but I loove the picture of you at the beach. Very cool. I've been to the ocean like twice. I know.. lame-o.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions! Kat- I designed the layout- every bit! :D

mart and lu said... Reply To This Comment

oh its beautiful! what a fantastic dress. i love the picture! i hope you have a lovely weekend!

Kathleen said... Reply To This Comment

That's a totally gorgeous dress! And you have to get it taken in after a baby? That's great!

And the blog layout is BEAUTIFUL, by the way. Absolutely lovely.

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I'm the sort of guy who passions to seek revolutionary things. Currently I'm building my own solar panels. I am making it all by myself without the aid of my staff. I'm utilizing the internet as the only way to acheive this. I stumbled upon a really amazing site that explains how to contruct solar panels and so on. The website explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not really sure bout how accurate the information given there is. If some guys over here who had experience with these things can have a see and give your feedback in the thread it will be grand and I would highly value it, cauze I extremely lav solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. You guys rock.

Shane and Kelci said... Reply To This Comment

Hey! I don't know if this is the same woman Shirley is talking about but I know a woman Stephanie too that does alterations. She actually made Christine's and mine wedding dress! I believe she charges $10 an hour? I can get her number for you if you want. She's awesome.

Cossebooms said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, Susan Hulsey in our ward is a great seamstress. I would see if it's something she can do. I believe she has sewn wedding dresses. She's very professional and I'm taking a sewing class from her right now. So give her a call.

Mike said... Reply To This Comment

love you sis!!!