Wednesday, January 6, 2010

On a Sunday

We woke up at the crack of dawn for church.  It was freezing..

IMG_0733

I decided two things about this picture.  I needed a faster shutter speed on B and our newly wedded friends look cute.. IMG_0738IMG_0764IMG_0773

We found what was left of our snow saguaro

IMG_0771IMG_0780

Then we napped.  I don't get naps every often- I need them though.

We decided it was not too late to build our ginger bread house kit so we did that.  Brody was eating all the candy so we locked him out.  Poor kid- lol

IMG_0792IMG_0819IMG_0796

And we made a homemade version of Starbucks caramel apple spice (all I order there).  It was just heated cider, with whipped cream and ice cream caramel over it.  Tasted the same!

IMG_0822IMG_0809IMG_0802

Personally I thought last years was better :p  But anyway we were rushed since Tony and I had big plans to head to the land of albino squirrels....

IMG_0842 D.C.!!!

I LOVE Washington D.C.!!!  It's my most favorite city ever.  I love it because of all the history- and it's not completely ransacked with billboards and junk. 

IMG_0827IMG_0911IMG_0899copyIMG_0849

And the architectural detail is exquisite!  They don't make 'em like that anymore.

IMG_0894IMG_0908IMG_0836IMG_0861IMG_0862 IMG_0870IMG_0924

The "National Garden" looked a little dead- but it was still pretty!

IMG_0917IMG_0884IMG_0919

By now you should know the significance of this picture. (below)

IMG_0930IMG_0957IMG_0938copy

The pond in front of the Lincoln Memorial was completely frozen overIMG_0946copyIMG_0945 IMG_0974IMG_0951copyIMG_0966copy1IMG_0978

My favorite monument?  Here's a hint:  the one I took a billion pictures of.  conniebphotography IMG_0986IMG_0997IMG_0996IMG_0987IMG_1001IMG_1008

That last one was my favorite. (Jefferson Memorial)

My parents met up with us at the National Christmas tree which was surprisingly flooded with people.  Who knew anyone would care after Christmas to see it- I mean, besides me.  So we snapped some crappy pictures and got out of there fast.  Brody wasn't loving it anyway.  And that's the D.A.R. building, Daughters of the American Revolution.  Which I am.  Apparently.  ..but only my mom is a member.

IMG_1014IMG_1025IMG_1027IMG_1036

Good times.  Holy COW can I just be caught up!?  I'm blogging like a crazy person over here and there's still so much more.

10 lovely comments:

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

You're just a bloggin Machine lately! I wish my life was this interesting or that I even had much to say but i've hit a blogging plateau...I need some inspiration!!!

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

The first picture of the capitol is so great! I love it, nice job. And your night pictures too.
Were you guys allowed to go on the ice? That would be fun.

Is it bad that my favorite pictures of the little guy are his sad face ones?

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

that looks like so much fun!! it also look freakin cold. don't know if i could handle it. i've always wanted to go there...now i can live vicariously through your photos.

The Browns said... Reply To This Comment

Your family is so cute!
I remember going to Washington DC with my family when I was in Jr. High School. My mom is a teacher, so of course we hit up the Smithsonian. I still remember it to this day & it was so cool! I also remember riding the Subway for the first time & seeing a man wrapped in duck tape & people warming themselves on the street vents, ha! I definitely want to take my family back there someday when our son can remember & enjoy it :)

Bonnie

Britney said... Reply To This Comment

how fun! i really want to go to D.C. I went a long time ago...but I was too young to really appreciate it. i love all your pictures Connie!

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

you are a talented lady with a camera! i love all your photos!! they are fabulous!
albino squirrels kinda freak me out! i saw my first one 2 years ago here in MN and the same little guy comes back every year.
hope you are staying warm!! have a great night! :)

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Lots of great pictures here Connie! 0' guess what? Remember how I paid 20.00 for that gingerbread house kit? Now they are 4.99! They will still be good next year too! Love, Mother

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Oh you changed the title!

Sara said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful Pictures! I haven't been yet.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Shirley- NO in fact there were signs saying STAY OFF ICE!