Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Christmas day

..was a lot of fun as well.  I thought I only got a few pictures from the day but I thought wrong. IMG_0456

My mom made Christmas crepes with berries and Nutella for breakfast.  SO good- she got the recipe when she was in France.  Which reminds me- mom can you email me that recipe?  Maybe I'll post it if anyone wants it.

IMG_0482IMG_0474

Does anyone else put presents ON the tree?  We do... which makes me laugh cause for about a week Tony kept singing "And presents ON the tree.."  The first couple times he did, I just smiled or whatever (he sings a lot and I love it- so I wasn't paying attention really I guess).  Finally after days of him singing the same line over and over I said, "man you've had that song stuck in your head for a while".  He still never said anything till a few days later when I was watering the tree and I saw an unwrapped gift just stuck in the tree for me.  He got me one of my favorite Christmas movies and was just waiting till I found it.  I don't know how Tony has such patience.... but anyway it was so funny- I didn't catch on at all.  I'm a sharp one, alright.

IMG_0486

IMG_0492IMG_0490IMG_0503

Brody was so fun to watch this year.  All month long he would point out "tanna" (santa) and "knowman" (snowman).  It was a huge change from last year when he just sorta  looked around confused at the festivities.  He saw a bigger lady walking down the street in a red jacket and he yelled "SANTA!!"  I'm sure next year he won't make that mistake though (;

Christmas 2009 021Christmas 2009 123Christmas 2009 032IMG_0505Christmas 2009 101IMG_0514

Last year I was in Arizona for Christmas when my brother who's on a mission called in from Spain.  You have to call them on landlines otherwise it's super expensive.  Since we only have cell phones and we were in AZ, my mom had me call her cell and she set it up next to the phone so I would still get to talk to him.  It looks like this...Christmas 2009 134And it works!  We did it again this year for my sister and grandma so they would get to get to talk to him- amazing, right!?  (For those that don't know, missionaries make 2 calls to family per year- Christmas being one of them.  So It's a real treat to get to talk to them.)

IMG_0500

I set up my camera and had my brother snap some pictures for us since it was so beautiful out.  Too bad a big rain cloud rolled in and melted everything that night.  Poo.  But I was really glad I thought to take pictures when we did.

They need a little editing but I'll do that once you select your favorite.  Tell me your favorite and that's what will go in our room... thanks!

1.

IMG_0524

2.

IMG_0521

3.

IMG_0526

4.

IMG_0543

5.

IMG_0523

And we got some of the family when B woke up from his nap...

IMG_0569IMG_0585IMG_0587 IMG_0539IMG_0600copy

Good times.  Brody likes putting on glasses.

 Christmas 2009 139 IMG_0469IMG_0610

After Christmas dinner we saw New Moon which turns out is actually called "Twilight 2" haha.  It wasn't as good the 2nd time around- has anyone else discovered that? IMG_0611

My brother's best friend and wife came in from South Carolina and they taught us how to play Farkle... has anyone else played that?  You are missing out if not.

IMG_0614Christmas 2009 151 Christmas 2009 149copy

And that was my Christmas day.

Don't forget to vote for what picture you like. =D

22 lovely comments:

Courtney && Tyler said... Reply To This Comment

#4!! It's sassy and beautiful! Looks like you had a perfect christmas!

Miss Vintage Vixen said... Reply To This Comment

Love the new background!
Beautiful!
You are so beautiful!

Staci said... Reply To This Comment

I like the pose in #1 but I like the colors from #4. BTW I so love playing Farkle, my hubby does not. My kids have finally reached an age to where I taught them, plus I can play solo on facebook! ;)

Signe said... Reply To This Comment

#5 is my vote.

tHe ApPeLs said... Reply To This Comment

i like #2 and #5!!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

#3 and #5 definately show the snow better (and afterall that is one factor of what you are looking for), but for my money, even though it is not numbered, my favorite hands down is you and Tony smooching on Brody's smushed face. It's soooooo adorable and Brody looks happy and content knowing his parents love him! If you opt not to hang this on your wall, at least make me an 8 by 10 for my book! Love, Mom, Momma Nelson, Grandma Nelson

SloneFamily said... Reply To This Comment

3!!!! Love it :)

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

i vote #4. it looks like tony is saying "ya thats right this is my trophy wife." as you stand there looking all trophy-wifeish. i like it alot. and freakin farkle. i.love.that.game.

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

I love them all but if I HAVE to vote, I say #2. Such great pics as always! And no i've never played Farkle...tell me...what's it about!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I need a Riddle ASAP! i know this sounds extreamly werid but i need a riddle. Dont ask why just give me something!! thanks!









































[url=http://www.thedaytheearthstoodstill.org/]the day the earth stood still[/url]

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I need a Riddle ASAP! i know this sounds extreamly werid but i need a riddle. Dont ask why just give me something!! thanks!









































[url=http://www.thedaytheearthstoodstill.org/]the day the earth stood still[/url]

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Connie's hot.

Fiery Jack said... Reply To This Comment

My vote is #3. So really, I would vote for the first one of all 3 of you, but you didn't put that one in the voting...

I wish it ever snowed here for real.

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

#3 on you and #4 for tony, but really the family shots are my favorite!

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

We typically put gift cards and things that are small in the lower front branches so we won't lose them.

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Crepes with Nutella are the most amazing thing ever.

Does it sound weird when I say that I cannot believe how big Brody is? Being that I have never met him OR you? He is a cuteness explosion!

I vote for #4 or #5. I love them both!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

All your pics are super cute, but I like #3 best.

Twilight 2...classic!

I also saw it for the second time over the holidays and I liked it just as much. Though every time I see Robert Pattinson as Edward I wish to myself they would have shaved all that dark hair off his arms and chest. Vampiers need to be smooth! (And more buff...he's to scrawny!) Sorry if you love Rob, but that's what I think.

Yes, post the crepes recipe please and thank you:)

Little Miss Paige said... Reply To This Comment

I like 1 the best.

& "Twilight 2" definitely was not as good the second time around! The first time I was crying like the whole movie (or at least watering up, I was having a sad day, I guess. Girls...). But the second time, I was just as excited to see it as I was the first time and I ended up being pretty bored and not even tearing up. :\ dang it.

amy said... Reply To This Comment

I love love love picture #3!!!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Paige- that sounds exactly like me the first and then second time I saw it! And Ruthann, I agree with you about Rob. I don't mind him as Edward, but I'm with you- I think the hair needs to go. ANd he definitely needs to buff up.

*thanks all for voting (:

Sara said... Reply To This Comment

i love farkle! your pictures tell a story--I love it! Brody is getting so big!

mike said... Reply To This Comment

just fyi the phone thing was my idea....not moms