Sunday, January 17, 2010

knott too shabby

Tony and I whisked ourselves away from it all to enjoy a few days together- just the two of us.

IMG_1564IMG_1576IMG_1573

We went back to the same place where we spent our honeymoon:  the Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel; and spent a couple days in the park.  The room wasn't as nice as we had before- but I didn't care.. it was an awesome deal!!

1-13-10

It was beyond crowded... just wayyy too many people I don't know how we had any fun.

1-13-10 (3)

Actually, we rode so many rides- more than my poor self could handle, really.  Most of which we just stayed strapped in and went on again because there was no one in line!  The first day it was supposed to rain, but didn't.. and the next day was warm and beautiful!  (Which, from what I recall about growing up in southern California is that it's cold this time of year- we were lucky!)

We got us tickets to Medieval Times for that evening.  We had a good hour and a half before the show started so I had time to get some pictures.

 

IMG_1587IMG_1580IMG_1582IMG_1611IMG_1606IMG_1628IMG_1630IMG_1635IMG_1640IMG_1654IMG_1646IMG_1657

Back to our hotel.  Hot tub. Room service.  Demented movie (Stepfather).  It was a great day...

IMG_1668IMG_1675

As if that wasn't enough fun- we did it all over again!  ..but rode more rides and ate at different places..

1-14-10 (4)1-14-101-14-10 (14)1-14-10 (12)1-14-10 (15)1-14-10 (18)1-14-10 (21)1-14-10 (24)1-14-10 (32)

Then there was.. More hot tub.  Room service.  Movie...  *sigh.  Why did it have to end...IMG_1676

The highlights were:

-skipping around the empty park (literally skipping).  Tony yelled out, "I'm in LOVE I'm in LOVE and I don't care who knows it!"  (Too bad no one witnessed it.)

-seeing my sister and her family (my new niece!)  They were the only people we had time to  visit, don't feel bad.

- watching Tony put a Band-Aid on some dudes neck to cover up his "SHUT UP!" Tattoo.  Apparently he had an interview.  baha!  That was probably the weirdest request I've ever heard..

We had a lot of fun- it was nice to come home to Brody though!  Well that, and to find out I made some more

blog friends!!

  Welcome.  I hope you stick around long after the giveaway is over.  (:  Thanks to all who entered my photo giveaway.  Remember, it ends tomorrow so enter if you were planning on it and haven't yet!!

18 lovely comments:

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

haha what a great trip. and dude i thought that "shut up" tattoo guy was a pick pocket or something. but no he just asked me to put a band aid on his neck....so frickin wierd. and like when he approached us he was so awkward the first thing he said was "hey man do you see this band aid....do you see this band aid?" haha i was sure he was gunna do a magic trick. ba hahaha

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like a FABULOUS trip! and I LOVE the pictures!

and OMG. That cotton candy looks divine. I am addicted to cotton candy...literally. LOL!

Brett and Emily said... Reply To This Comment

love knotts!!! so fun!!!

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

Haha, love it! and I LOVE Medieval Times (even though it's a one-time place).. We were blue team. And WE WONN!!!!

Kellie said... Reply To This Comment

Fun!! I love Knotts- but last time we went on Perilous Plunge I decided I'd never go on it again! That's just tooo much water for me.

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Awesome Connie! But Dad reminds me that I am to spend the day with him, so maybe I'll blog the summary and let you know! Love, Mom

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Awesome Connie! But Dad reminds me that I am to spend the day with him, so maybe I'll blog the summary and let you know! Love, Mom

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

Oh I'm totally jealous! That looks like so much fun. You look darling. Love you! Can't wait to get together.

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

How fun! I love Knotts Berry Farms!

Um. If you do not let me know the next time you are in CA...I will cry!

Glad you and Tony got to get away!

<3 you

Kristy Treible said... Reply To This Comment

looks like so much fun! Iwant to run away for a few days with my hubs and leave the kids behind! Jelous! You look so cute in all the pics!

Sarah Moeck said... Reply To This Comment

I am SOO glad you say my thing on facebook! I had no idea you blog! Now we can be blogging buddies and that makes me so happy! you look amazing by the way and your family is so cute!

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

i've never been to Knotts. but that sounds like such a fun fun trip! woooo!

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

I'm dying to see our pictures!! thanks for stopping in and shooting us, the highlight of our week too!love sissy

tHe ApPeLs said... Reply To This Comment

i love medieval times!!! always reminds me of cable guy!

Lecia said... Reply To This Comment

That guy with the band aid on his neck is going to make his interviewer think he has a hickey.

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Winter time is the best time to go to Knott's and Disneyland, hands down. Nobody else goes, and I hate crowds...

Maybe shut up guy is a vampire. Or just stupid. I think the latter. Tattoos are stupid.

I like the high tech way you picked your winner.

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

looks like you two had so much fun!! how awesome that there were no lines, lines stink!
i love little getaways!! :)

hope you are having a great week pretty girl!!

megmichelle said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like you had a lot of fun!! Your pictures are amazing. :]