Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chicken, skating, and no more snow

I'm sure I'm not alone on this- but the day after Christmas is seriously depressing. The holidays feel over and that makes me sad. haha Although! I just remembered it's also the day I was baptized into my church so I guess it's a good day too (:

IMG_0629

But it is especially sad when you wake up and all that beautiful snow is gone..IMG_0622IMG_0623

Brody still found some to eat though. He didn't try to eat it before- only once it was melting and looked like ice. He is obsessed with ice- and would eat it as dinner if he had it his way.

IMG_0636IMG_0632IMG_0626 IMG_0648copyIMG_0627

Us adult kids went to the mall while Brody stayed with my parents. Since he's sick I made sure he stayed in as much as possible. I just want to make it clear how absolutely freezing it was there. At least, to us Arizonians. The high never got above 35 on the hottest day we were there so yeah.

While we were out having fun Brody was banished in the house to play with these plastic cups. But at least we let him go play with my parents for a little while anyway..

IMG_0722Christmas 2009 173

I'm assuming everyone has tried that most delicious sample of chicken that you get from those places at the mall food court? They suck you in I tell you! So we ate there- I have to blog about it because this meal cracked me up... (even though it looks sick, it was excellent)

1226091455 You have your oriental chicken, rice, and- french fries? I went to save us a seat and had Tony order for me. I told him to "get whatever vegetable looks good- like steamed veggies".

And he comes back with fries. I don't know about you- but fries don't count as a vegetable in my estimation. bahaha! Oh I love my husband.

We went ice skating at our usual place and it was lots of fun (:

back in time- 2007- (we went twice, that's why I'm in different clothes. AND I was 6 months prego so it's a good thing I'm a pro ice skater and didn't fall.

Copy of DECEMBER 07 293Copy of DECEMBER 07 148

2009-

Christmas 2009 224IMG_0663IMG_0688IMG_0689

My mom made us do a train.

And Tony looks beyond thrilled to be taking more pictures. lol

IMG_0698IMG_0708IMG_0706IMG_0712

We got some cocoa, went home, and Tony and I made a late showing of Sherlock Holmes. Next to the theater is this Masonic temple. Tony wanted me to get a picture of it so I did- it's the best I could do with no tri-pod. I was so sad I didn't bring it- I had opened that gift the night before our trip but didn't think I would need it. O well.

IMG_0725

It was a good day... Brody had fun.

IMG_0722

18 lovely comments:

Austin and Ashtyn said... Reply To This Comment

How cute is that skating rink??!! I love it!! How fun! I agree its kind of sad when the Holidays are over but also a little nice all at the same time.. the chaos ends and life and schedules begin again.. kind of nice

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like an amazing Christmas!! Cold but great! The Brodster, as always.. adorable! Love your fuzzy hooded coat too. :)

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

You weren't kidding when you said you took a ton of pictures. I used to be so good at taking lots and lots of pictures but I'm slowly taking fewer and fewer pics (although compared to non-photographers I'm sure I still take tons).

Looks like you had a wonderful time in Virginia!

SloneFamily said... Reply To This Comment

Im cold just looking at you!!! Brrr. You've gotta love the way Grandmas never listen to Mom's instructions.... My Mom is exactly that way!!!

Hope you're doing well Missy!

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Whoa, Tony's hair in 2007! Also, is your white jacket buttoned in the wrong buttons?

I'm pretty sure that if Brody and I were to hang out, we would have tons of fun. If you ever need a sitter, we're just up the street. Kind of.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Shirley- no it wasn't. haha! I had my camera bag on and it was pulling it. So later I took it off.
We'll keep you in mind for a babysitter- thanks! =D

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

that sounds like so much fun!

your family is so cute!

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

yea i hate my hair in those pics! i was in the process of growing it long and it was at the awkward in between length haha! And connie, there aint nothin wrong with chicken and fries!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

I know there's nothing wrong with Chicken and fries! It's fries and RICE. It's weird to me- but maybe it's just me.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Oh and Tony- I don't think your hair looks awkward- it's HOT!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

connnnnnnie dude i miss your guts. do you have my number? if not, i am fbooking that thing to you buzz-lightyear style. sheesh we need to re-catch up!

CUTE post!

Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

I love these last two posts...family is the best part about Christmas :)

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

Im loving your holiday posts. I have to agree the day after christmas... stinks.

Iva said... Reply To This Comment

ohmygoodness!! that is one completely ADORABLE little guy!!! ;)

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

It was nice being able to take Brody out, and just for the record--I did ask your permission first, so I don't feel bad about that! He was sooo fun to spend time with. Besides, it was good that his naptime came at 3:00 p.m. that day so we could ice-skate until after 5:00 p.m. I sure miss the good times, but am looking forward to even better in the future! Love, Mother

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, you rock my socks! I love you...and don't you just LOVE anonymous comments!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Mom- You are correct-you DID ask first! :D