Thursday, December 31, 2009

12.24.09

So my big trip was going back home to my favorite place to be with my favorite people. We went to Virginia!! (or otherwise Washington DC- which is down the street.) We stayed there for a week and it was glorious! It was so fun visiting my parents- and my brother Mike got to come from UCLA, too.

A few things to keep in mind when you look at this post...

  1. I wasn't kidding when I said I had a butt load of pictures to share
  2. I took most but not all of these pictures
  3. making a snow saguaro instead of a snowman is legit if you are from az
  4. Tony threw that snowball at Brody- not me.

And I'll just let these pictures speak for themselves..

IMG_0246Christmas Eve 2009 011Christmas Eve 2009 018IMG_0273Christmas Eve 2009 157IMG_0266Christmas Eve 2009 019IMG_0286Christmas Eve 2009 016Christmas Eve 2009 025 IMG_0308Christmas Eve 2009 169IMG_0319IMG_0265IMG_0301Christmas Eve 2009 029 Christmas Eve 2009 161IMG_0296IMG_0297Christmas Eve 2009 046 IMG_0339 IMG_0352 IMG_0360IMG_0364IMG_0368IMG_0365IMG_0361IMG_0377IMG_0379IMG_0380IMG_0381IMG_0383IMG_0387IMG_0388IMG_0384IMG_0390 IMG_0394 IMG_0399IMG_0396Christmas Eve 2009 070Christmas Eve 2009 056Christmas Eve 2009 095IMG_0405Christmas Eve 2009 102 copyChristmas Eve 2009 121Christmas Eve 2009 119Christmas Eve 2009 123Christmas Eve 2009 099Christmas Eve 2009 126Christmas Eve 2009 127Christmas Eve 2009 154Christmas Eve 2009 128Christmas Eve 2009 129 Christmas Eve 2009 135Christmas Eve 2009 143IMG_0409 IMG_0419 IMG_0421 IMG_0427IMG_0446

well I have to say something...

I absolutely LOVE Christmas Eve... almost more than Christmas day- it's always so fun and exciting. This year was no exception. Brody was (and still is) sick with this horrible cough. He's had it for a couple weeks now so that was a little sad since he had to stay indoors most of the time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the snow.. and miss living in it. Thankfully I still had all my snow clothes from my days living in Virginia, at BYU, and BYU-I. They didn't stop me from getting destroyed, though. The picture of Tony consoling me was when I thought I went blind. If you've ever had tons of snow blast you in the eye- like, get under your eyelids- than you know how horribly painful it is. I was like, "I'M BLIND", "CRAP, I'M BLIND!" heh heh. It was better the next day at least but for the rest of the day my eyes killed. Despite the pain though, we managed to have a stellar rest of the day. Our tradition is to order pizza, go look at Christmas lights, and watch "It's a Wonderful Life". So that's what we did. We also locked ourselves out of our room- the only room in the house that has a lock- and no key to match. So my dad had to bust down the door. We figured a new door would be less expensive than calling a locksmith on Christmas Eve. Looking at Christmas lights wasn't so great this year- there was nothing good to see. But I did find my dream home!!!! (Did you know it's my dream to live on the east coast?.. yuuuup.) And that is my dream home. Not too big, not too small- with a wrap around porch. *sigh.

Anyway that sums up the highlights of my Christmas Eve this year. Yikes there's so much more to tell...

11 lovely comments:

Katie said... Reply To This Comment

What a beautiful house! It looks like one of the many homes that fit my "dream home" description too. And I love the East Coast! I would happily live there again if I could. Sorry about your painful experience with the snow...I do know what you mean about snow in the eyes. Ouch. Still, what a lovely Christmas Eve.

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

Haha, I love this post! And I LOVE Brody's expressions when he got hit with the snowball, poor buddy! :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Signe said... Reply To This Comment

I am so glad you had a great Christmas! We missed you guys though.

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

Brody is too cute and bless his little heart when he got slammed in the face with the snow ball! He is precious! And so are you of course! I love this post and all the pics! So cute and so fun! I've never had a white christmas! Maybe before I die! We'll see! :)

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

i LOVE all the pictures. SO fun!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

Right before I saw what you wrote I was like 'connie's parents have an amazing house!' haha..that is a sweet wrap around porch. It's my dream to just VISIT the east coast already..but it seems like it would be so fun to live there.

Brody is adorable in all these pictures..he looks so cute as a snow baby:) And I love the picture of you guys in your beanies by the christmas tree. You are so photogenic, I kind've hate you right now. (jokes)
Looks like you had fun!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks for the memories. Sorry about the lack of lights on Christmas eve. We should've went to zoo lights---maybe one day. Anyway, it was so much fun having you here. It was an amazing time and it went by way too fast! Love, Mother

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Snow under my eyelid? Never. I pity you friend.

That house is beautiful though! We would definitely come to visit you guys.

And, as always, I wish I were Brody's best friend. Look at him chow that pizza!

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

The close up of brody is a real keeper! So cute.

Miss Priss Morgan said... Reply To This Comment

I love Brody's faces, sooo cute.
PS I also love your flower ear warmer head-band thing. It's not practical here in hot Las Vegas, but I still have to know, where did you get it?!?! I need one!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

I got it at Forever 21- but I love the ones you made more!!