Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oh the weather outside is frightful

1208091612

..not really.

And the fire is so delightful

nope.

And since there's no place to go

Let it snow

(I wish)

Let it snow

(I wish)

Let it snow

(I wish)

Things I am happy about right now:

-finals are over and done

-I finally made it to a mall for the first time since black Friday

-cute rose bud earrings that I'm obsessed with right now (and a sweet friend who pointed them out to me in the store)

But also this time of year makes me happy when people do nice things for each other.  We're still working on a mound of cookies from sweet friends who think about us.

12-9-09 (2)

And I got this cute centerpiece from my awesome sister-in-law Lecia because I took their family picture.  Thanks Lecia!

Tony and I made it to the Jon Schmidt Christmas concert this past weekend (thanks to my dad for getting us tickets!).  We've bought tickets every year since we've been married but my dad surprised me.  Not only was it a fun date but Jon Schmidt has done it again my friends.... SERIOUSLY every time I hear him, I am motivated to go write a song or something.  He's amazing.

1211091931a

She doesn't know it yet but champion Cellist Megan and I are the next Jon and Steve-o.  When I'm writing songs that people actually want to buy she is going to be my cellist, I've decided.

Aforementioned Lecia has an annual Christmas cookie decorating Saturday!

12-12-09 (2)12-12-09 (14) 

All 3 Christmases prior to this one since I've been married Tony and I have not been able to go for one reason or the other; and even this year Brody had a bad cough and a fever... but we didn't let that stop us!  It was a lot of fun- much double dipping of licked frosting fingers and decapitated reindeer cookies.  I can't believe we've missed out till now.

12-12-09 (8)

My work station

12-12-09 (19)

My masterpieces

12-12-09 (18)12-12-09 (9)12-12-09

Good times.

Oh but that reminds me.  I could've slaved all day in the kitchen to make gorgeous cookies like some people but instead I bought these...

1212091216

Tony saw what I bought and said, "Well aren't you the baker of the century!"

To top it off, I don't have much in the way of kitchen gadgets.  No, I don't own a Kitchenaid mixer, or matching Tupperware..I really could care less.  But I do make a mean cookie- and often.  So you'd think by now I would have some cooling racks..

Picture1

I think an upside down pizza pan works just as good, thankyaverymuch!

On to other news... remember that beautimus Christmas tree that I raved about saving a bundle on?

It was crap.  Crap I say!

Picture13

We had to take it back that same week because it started molding and smelled like a porta john

12-8-09 (25)

Tony was only slightly humiliated to return it- and drive around with a dead tree on our roof making a mess of Southern Ave...but I figured we should have a tree that lived longer than 2 days.  AND we got an upgrade... a slightly less dead one!  Our tree is taller- and this one actually drinks water.  So yeah, even though that meant undecorating and redecorating- it was worth it.

 12-8-09 (23)12-8-09 (27)  1208091659 you can say that again

Oh.. really quick.  I loathe the post office.  LOATHE!  Especially this time of year.  You can easily be in line for an hour or more.  I know from experience,dude.1210091332 And last.. Brody is now climbing into his high chair when he's hungry.  Which is a lot... and he said "HI dad" to this pile of blanket.  I love that kid.1209090956

18 lovely comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I heart happy lists.

And I heart you!

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

I love this! And I'm gonna have to agree with Lauren here... you're awesome and I heart you! :D

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

I would have been so pissed about the tree!! Crazy busines.

P.S. I need to buy those cookies...I hate baking!

Love this post and you!

Sara said... Reply To This Comment

Too funny about the hi dad and ew about your tree. Your new one looks great! I love the cookies--they are decorated so nicely! I love how you document so many things.

Fiery Jack said... Reply To This Comment

All around excellent post. I love that Brody said hello to the pile of blankets.

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

Hey a new post! Hooray! Not only does Brody climb into his high chair but onto EVERY chair and table in the house! I'm glad you found time in between photo shoots to write this great post!

Lauren Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

i can't even remember the last time my family had a real tree! that's so neat! i am glad you were able to get one that will last!

those cookies are making me hungry! :)

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

Welcome to boring arizona winters my darling. hehe you crack-a-me-up with your tree story/picture of your dead tree. brodes is so dang cute! i and love and you!

p.s. today was a really really fun day with you. hats off to us!

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

you can come visit me ;) it's 0 degrees and there is snow on the ground. i.don't.like.it.one.bit!!! ;)
sorry to hear about the tree! what a bumma!!
the cookies all look delicious!! cute little kiddo too!
the flower centerpiece is very pretty!
i hope you are having a great week pretty girl!

Katie said... Reply To This Comment

Goodness, I can't believe that happened with your tree! That's disappointing and gross!

Also, if you'd like snow, come visit me in CO...I'm up at our family cabin and it's beautiful with sparkly fresh snow. :)

Nat said... Reply To This Comment

I have to agree with fiery jack, the brody comment is my fav.


Happy finals over week! it is the best feeling ever.

Staci said... Reply To This Comment

TY you so much for making me feel less crazy! Our tree hasn't been drinking really and I started to complain to my hubby about it, but he told me I was crazy. (Not that I'm happy about your yucky tree just glad some one had same problems).
Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

i am roaring with a fit of laughter. at work. at my desk.


think i just accumulated a pile of blank stares.

YOU ROCK.

Lecia said... Reply To This Comment

I miss live trees so much :( That is one marriage "disagreement" I have not been able to win. But, speaking of nice people, my VT brought me a live wreath so I could still have a little of the smell.

Mike said... Reply To This Comment

HAhA absolutely hilarious! That whole mistaking something else for dad seems to run in the family...remember back when to us every truck on the road was dad?!? HISTERICAL! :)

PS Cant wait to see you!

ashley wright said... Reply To This Comment

It sure looks Christmas-ey at your place!! I want to eat your sugar cookies! And good call on buying the dough... i feel like MAKING the dough takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R !!
mERRy chRIsTmaS !

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

Hahaha "Hi dad" that is the cutest thing ever.
Loved the post.. loved the cookie station.. that looked like fun. Hmmm... btw I also loathe the post office this time of the year... =[

{megs in wonderland} said... Reply To This Comment

CONNIE!!!!!

i will be your cellist anyday.
but really.

did they do the taylor swift/coldplay mashup, because i STILL cant stop watching that one on youtube.com....

lets be travelling musicians together someday, ok? I LOVE YOU and i've missed you so!