Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Christmas Card this year

For about 2 seconds I felt bad when I got a stack of Christmas cards and remembered I hadn't mailed any out- and I probably won't get to.  Life is swiftly passing us by, isn't it?  So, my apologies if you have not gotten a card from me.  You are not alone.

But anyway...

I love being a mom..and a wife..  I love being a sister. and a daughter..and a friend.  My heart is full today, what can I say.

Mostly because I get to visit my family and THIS year I don't have to worry if my dad will make it home from Iraq or not...If they will let him have the "leave" or if things are too dangerous.. I don't have to worry.  *BLESSING

DECEMBER 07 218

Whatever your stance on the war is, one thing I think we can all agree on is that our military is amazing.  Those men and women do our country so much service and we are indebted to them for it.  **MORE BLESSINGS**

..But this Christmas I will miss this little guy right here.

untitled

My brother Perris- the most awesome kid around.  I love him and miss him... He won't be joining us this Christmas because he is out preaching about our Savior, Jesus Christ.  What a blessing it is to have the family I do.. who think about each other and try to be the best they can be.  We're not perfect but we're perfect for each other.

untitled3 

untitled2

I'm so grateful for this time of year-for family and friends & for the Savior for bringing glad tidings of great joy.

That's what Christmas is about.Picture1

15 lovely comments:

Staci said... Reply To This Comment

Hope you have a Merry Christmas also!

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

AWw, I love this post! Merry Christmas to you too, and hopefully Brody will grow out of the kicking thing! :D

Signe said... Reply To This Comment

Thank-you for the Christmas Greeting. I will sure miss you guys at Christmas. Have a nice trip though. Your family is lucky!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Hahaha you swayed my vote and now I say keep the farting taboo! That would be nasty in a restaurant! Good point, good point.

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Oh, and how do you get a fun font for your post titles? I tried and can't figure it out.

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

i will miss your little face.

i love that movie. and bronson called me "alex" for like 2 years. no joke. its so weird to watch home videos of it now.

im so happy your dad is home and so happy for your brother too.

love ya girl!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

The shin kicking is not cool! Ouch!

Thank you to your Dad for protecting us and serving our country. I cannot begin to describe how thankful I am for people like him.

Merry Christmas lady!!

Sara-Jane Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Merry Christmas, Connie! I hope the kicking is just a phase!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Well the good thing is he's not kicking out of anger so it's all good. (:

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

my brother will be gone too. Im really sad about it but Im glad your dad will be there this year.

Mike and Alecia said... Reply To This Comment

Hope you have a great Christmas with your family. And thanks, my mom's photographer buddy Maria Nissen took our pics.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Great Christmas card! I need to actually mail mine today.. maybe it will happen.. maybe not!

Merry Christmas!

mike said... Reply To This Comment

yeah well last year was my first Christmas after my mission and Dad actually said "I'm just bummed that I don't get to be with ANY of my family" Yep mom and I don't count as family...just perris and YOU...I'm pretty sure he was talking about anne too but he had just mentioned both you and perris for sure. Anyways the point being that I'm sure Dad is very stoked that you're comming this year. I think you're his favorite child. :)

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, I love this post! It makes me homesick for you! Love, Mother p.s. I so am looking forward to seeing you in two days! Have a great flight!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Mike is bitter that I was feeling sorry for myself after my eye surgery and said the wrong thing. I want all of my children with me and that will never happen again... :(

Your post made me tear up young lady! Your friends should know that soldiers are ordinary people with the opportunity to do great things. I will say it is great to be home for Christmas even though I have not missed one in the 26 years I have been in the Army. Just lucky I guess.

It is a blessing that Perris is on a mission. I am sad he is there but happy too. We will get to talk to him for a few minutes, so that will be a great thing. I miss my not so little guy!