First off- my friend Lauren wrote a darling post today and it made me reflect on the way I've despised Arizona lately (ok, despised is a little strong.. I've just been a little...ready for a change, I guess)...
While reading I also thought about how it's doing me no good to feel that way...
This was my typed out comment to her post but I deleted it. Anyway:
You are so great. I should appreciate Arizona more... I love it.. I do.. In fact I put it on my list of "states to live" when we'd play MASH during church back in the 90's... however, the other day.. Thanksgiving in fact, I called it a dried up wasteland...so much for being thankful.
And then I felt bad. Thanks Lauren for reminding me of how lucky I am that all I've ever wanted I have right now.
Secondly, I strolled over to my bloggy friend Amy's blog to find yet another award to me from her. (: Thanks Amy and to everyone else- Megan, Jamie.. that's all I can recall since I've started keeping track. I've appreciated them. I have graciously accepted these awards but made no attempt to give them out myself. I have a reason- and it's not because I'm hoarding them. I never really thought of blog awards as anything but a fun game of tag. But tonight it inspired me to write, interestingly enough... which is a miracle because lately I've wanted nothing to do with this blog. Even though it really is just a fun game of tag I appreciate friends who think of me.
I hope I don't make anyone feel left out but I want to give out an award tonight to some friends and blog friends who have been around these parts for a while now...
And the rules...
10 things that make me happy:(in no particular order)
- My faith and beliefs
- dates with my husband
- everything Brody does
- sour patch kids at the movies
- letters in the mail
- visiting my family in DC- and everywhere, really
- friendships that last forever
- shopping (i love me some new clothes)
- playing the piano or taking pictures
- helping people who need me
- Alexa Mae at It's a Love Story
- Megan from Megan in Wonderland
- Tiffany from The Haynes Family
- Anne at The Molino Family
- Bree from The Clarks
- Whitney from – Ach, Winnie, and baby Presley
- Alexandria from Always Alexandria
- Amy from Ha ha Wait, What?
- Lauren- Sweet Nothings
- Jamie from The Tran Clan
- and one more because I'm awesome... Natalie from Nat-uh- Lee
P.S. the treeeee is up!!! You can all expect lots and lots of pictures soon. Since I'm obsessed. Officially.
Hooray it's December!