Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lacking willpower

I promised myself I would avoid blogging for at least 9 days.  But in my head I was thinking 4 would be good and I'd be proud I accomplished that much.  However, the thing is I have way too much to say.  The sound of my voice irritates me so what do I do?  Write.  Blog.   Whatever.  This post is a result of a couple lovely people that I love (I'm super profound... just so you know).  Anyway I didn't stay away.  Oh well...
First off- my friend Lauren wrote a darling post today and it made me reflect on the way I've despised Arizona lately (ok, despised is a little strong.. I've just been a little...ready for a change, I guess)...
While reading I also thought about how it's doing me no good to feel that way...
This was my typed out comment to her post but I deleted it.  Anyway:
You are so great.  I should appreciate Arizona more... I love it.. I do.. In fact I put it on my list of "states to live" when we'd play MASH during church back in the 90's... however, the other day.. Thanksgiving in fact, I called it a dried up wasteland...so much for being thankful.
And then I felt bad.  Thanks Lauren for reminding me of how lucky I am that all I've ever wanted I have right now.
Secondly, I strolled over to my bloggy friend Amy's blog to find yet another award to me from her. (:  Thanks Amy and to everyone else- Megan, Jamie.. that's all I can recall since I've started keeping track.  I've appreciated them.  I have graciously accepted these awards but made no attempt to give them out myself.  I have a reason- and it's not because I'm hoarding them.  I never really thought of blog awards as anything but a fun game of tag.  But tonight it inspired me to write, interestingly enough...  which is a miracle because lately I've wanted nothing to do with this blog.  Even though it really is just a fun game of tag I appreciate friends who think of me.
I hope I don't make anyone feel left out but I want to give out an award tonight to some friends and blog friends who have been around these parts for a while now...
The award...
thanks amy!And the rules...
10 things that make me happy:(in no particular order)
  1. My faith and beliefs
  2. dates with my husband
  3. everything Brody does
  4. sour patch kids at the movies
  5. letters in the mail
  6. visiting my family in DC- and everywhere, really
  7. friendships that last forever
  8. shopping (i love me some new clothes)
  9. playing the piano or taking pictures
  10. helping people who need me
And 10 of you... (in no particular order):
  1. Alexa Mae at It's a Love Story
  2. Megan from Megan in Wonderland
  3. Tiffany from The Haynes Family
  4. Anne at The Molino Family
  5. Bree from The Clarks
  6. Whitney from – Ach, Winnie, and baby Presley
  7. Alexandria from Always Alexandria
  8. Amy from Ha ha Wait, What?
  9. Lauren- Sweet Nothings
  10. Jamie from The Tran Clan
  11. and one more because I'm awesome... Natalie from Nat-uh- Lee
These girls are wonderful friends/blog friends!  You all are!!
P.S. the treeeee is up!!!  You can all expect lots and lots of pictures soon.  Since I'm obsessed.  Officially.

Hooray it's December!

18 lovely comments:

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

omg an award?!!?!? is it sooo uber lame that i am "likeOMGing" over a) a blog award (i've never gotten one before!!!! BAHA) and b) the fact that you love me enough to make me eleventh :)

connie you are so fantastic. seriously. i can't wait to shoot with you. you can teach me lots! you inspire me.

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

Oh you are too sweet! And I just LOVE your blog! Seriously! And your new design! I've been kind of bad with my blog awards lately and giving them back out! Maybe you just inspired me to do this! xoXoxXXooXO

Nat said... Reply To This Comment

Ok so this post made me really sad that I complain about living in this part of Arizona.....all.the.time. THis time of year is a little bit better....but I miss my cold mountains. It makes me sad. However you have made me want to try to be better about it. Dang it I will love this place I will probably end up living for the next 20 years of my life. I will.




YOu are adorable! Good luck on finals!

Marci Darling said... Reply To This Comment

This is such a lovely post! And I can't wait to see pics of the tree!


P.S.--I got my cd!! Thanks so much Connie--sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I didn't get to check my school mail for a week because of the holidays!

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

Oh I love you. Will you marry me?? Errr wait...Tony already did that. It was really good talking to you yesterday and today I do declare that we do that more often!! You are amazing. And even more so now because of this fab award you have given me....I feel so special. Eeek! Loves yaaa

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Oh Connie I love you! Even if you do love the wrong Ninja Turtle! haha

Thanks for the award! I will be posting my own 'happy list' soon! Which is good because I have been a little negative lately. Thanks for sharing your postitive attitude with me...and for being a fabulous blog pal!

xoxo

Lauren Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

i ALWAYS complain about living in houston. the humidity is DREADFUL. even austin is humid. thanks for reminding me that i should be so thankful for what i have and that i live in a place where i am blessed to be around those i love.

you also reminded me that these awards mean something. i am guilty of ignoring them when i receive them.

i hope you have a wonderful wonderful week! :)
yay for being happy!

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

It's good to realize that you love something! I think that we so often take things for granted, and don't realize how much we actually need them.

Congrats on the award! :D

Katie said... Reply To This Comment

What a beautiful post! I'm really glad you reminded me to appreciate all the blessings I have right this second. I used to really hate CO (well not CO but the particular suburb I'm from) and now I miss it all the time when I'm at school. Funny how that works.

:)

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

i also loved lauren's rain post. so great. :)

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

wonderful post sweet girl!

i hope you are having a great day! XO!

Bree and Bryce said... Reply To This Comment

an award!?! Connie you've brightened my pitiful pregnant life! You're so sweet! :D

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks girl! You are the sweetest! How about some rain in Nevada? Send me some good vibes, k! And I have to play MASH now, its been what 10 years, I think I can remember how!

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

I have to say I'm a little sad not to have made the cut..oh well just another disappointment in life

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

PS you can't give me an award now!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Connie, Congratulations on that tree being up! Was it the day after Thanksgiving as was tradition in your Nelson growing up household? This year, due to our travels, our tree goes up this week-end. Dad is being benevolent and allowing a real tree in our home because you are coming. If no one comes, it will be fake every year! Keep visiting! I can't wait! Love, Mother ps. Did you all get your new itinerary? Love, Mom

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

feelin the love connie! WTH!

Aryn told me she did your hair today.. do you like it? she said you went back dark.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

haha Brea I love you you know I do (:
Yes I did go back dark! I love it- especially the cut! But we both agree blondes have more fun! YES, I said it! :p