Saturday, December 19, 2009

I have never felt like this...

I'm writi typing on a whim here. I don't know why I'm typing or what I'm going to say but right now I'm bursting with thoughts and emotions...

I just love my life- my family and friends. Every thing that has come my way- trials included. Why is it that some days... some days I take it for granted? Don't I know every day matters?

Can't we all have it this way:

quaint home
5-7 kids
drool-free dog
argument-free marriage
clean baseboards

We might not all live to be 95 holding hands with the person we married at 21 and both go sweetly in our sleep.

We can't expect trials to be easy-

We shouldn't be surprised if the unexpected knocks at our door.



This life is so short. I've seen it everywhere, lately.



Everyday - every.day. matters. I used to think I could wait till I was older and a better cook to start taking meals to people in need. I used to think I could try harder tomorrow- today probably isn't going to change much.

Why?

Why isn't today just as important as tomorrow?

Is it because I think there IS going to be a tomorrow? And another and another- till I'm 95? Hopefully there will be- that's something I will always hope for.

But that doesn't mean that I can let today go–




I can't let a day go that wasn't fully lived.

15 lovely comments:

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

This is a beautiful post. Thank you, Connie.

Little Miss Paige said... Reply To This Comment

Amen. I was just talking to my cousin about this! She is a nurse in the ER. She said that every single day, she sees people who die. They die from running a red light, they die from getting in fights, they die from suicide. But every day she sees how precious life is. We all need to step back and really think about how blessed we are every day to be here and to have the ones we love be here with us!!

XOX

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

great post- you're a thinker!!
& did you know I love U?

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

PS this post reminded me of our conversations when we were kids and deciding that dieing of old age would be best...I don't think that anymore, quick and painless is always best!

mike said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE YOU SIS!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Thank you for this reminder. Also, I heart you major.

Katie said... Reply To This Comment

First of all, never be afraid to just start typing on your blog. Not only was the outcome beautiful but it is your place to share your thoughts, needs and inspirations.

I am also grateful that you did because I needed to hear what you were thinking. It is a very valuable reminder to us all.

Now I'm getting off the internet to go spend time with my sister who is only in town until Tuesday! <3

Lauren Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

this was just lovely!
i really needed that right now, so thank you! :)
you are awesome.

SloneFamily said... Reply To This Comment

LOVE this Miss Connie!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Simply Beautiful, like you! I can't wait to see you! Right now I will have FHE with Dad and Mike!---I have to fully live and life wouldn't be so if I didn't share it with them when I can! Love, Mother

Lecia said... Reply To This Comment

I love this post Connie, thank you! Also, my dirty baseboards are the bane of my existence.

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

My name is Whitney and I need you to take our family photos. Because you rock at it and I desperately want to be an album on your facebook. ha ha. We need schedule a picture appointment with you A- SAP. Thanks friend. ANd your post was perfect. I couldnt agree more.

Sara-Jane Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

This is a wonderful post. Just exactly what I needed.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Amen.
To your post.. and to clean baseboards. Didn't I just clean those?

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks for posting this, and thank you for blogging! I love reading your blog. You are the best!