Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving.. in shorts and a t-shirt

Such is life in Arizona.  Always warm.  But at the same time that I complain about it, I am also very thankful that I'm not freezing and stuck indoors.  Our Thanksgiving was a lot of fun!

Note to self: not even a small army could devour a gigantic pot of cranberry sauce in one meal... so our little party of 18 won't even make a dent.  Stick to one bag of cranberries, next time.  K, bye.

11-25-09

I made a touchdown... so did my stud husband.  Family football on Thanksgiving is the best.  And this year we added in volleyball.  Like always, there was excellent food and lots of family.... oh, and me sticking a camera in everyone's faces.

I also brought the pretzel jell-o.  And heavy duty paper plates... in case you were wondering.

11-26-09 Thanksgiving! (7)11-26-09 Thanksgiving!1 (4)11-26-09 Thanksgiving! (11)11-26-09 Thanksgiving! (12)11-26-09 Thanksgiving! (49)11-26-09 Thanksgiving! (54)  11-26-09 Thanksgiving! (64)11-26-09 Thanksgiving! (26)11-26-09 Thanksgiving! (28)11-26-09 Thanksgiving! (29)11-26-09 Thanksgiving! (66)11-26-09 Thanksgiving! (31)

Brody loves his cousins :)

and I love

BLACK FRIDAY!

yes, I was one of the crazies amid the madness.  I think it was actually my first time.  As a mom/wife, anyway.

Although I have to say I was very-much-so impressed with Target!  Not only did I save 80 bones but I stood in a line that wrapped all the way back to the book section- for no more than 5 minutes!  Amazing!

And check all this stuff that  I got at Michael's for $14.  $14!!!! ....I'm a little excited...

001

Now, K-Mart on the other hand was absolute chaos.  The ads intrigued me but once I got in, I was out of there so fast- and have no intention on ever going back.

Wal-mart was kind of a disappointment too... I thought I was going to save a bundle on new toys for Brody.  Not so much.  Here are the kind of savings  you can expect from Wal-mart. 

1127090913

Gee, thanks guyz- I'm so glad I woke up at the crack of dawn to save a dollar eighty eight.

But I can not forget about my savings at TARGET!  Holla!

11-27-09 (7)

...and the fact that I've made progress on my Christmas shopping... feels good to cross stuff off my to-do list.  I even finally got to get the "big bulb" Christmas lights and put them up (thank you non-apartment living).  I love these kind of lights... I love Christmas time.

11-27-09 (3)11-27-09 (15)11-27-09 (16)

How did your shopping go?

24 lovely comments:

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

my black friday started at 8. and... want cheap toys? Go to big lots. ME and the other white trash got good deals there.I was looking for a cheap tree and came across sweet new Miss P toys for like 6 bucks.

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Shorts and a t-shirt!? Crazy...

Touchdown Connie! Awesome...

Black Friday is crazy. No sale could make me leave my house!

I heart the big bulb lights. It just isn't Christmas without them!

SJ said... Reply To This Comment

Aw, it looks like you had such a great Thanksgiving! I was working today at Old Navy from 8-2. It was pretty crazy, but not THAT bad. Completely manageable. We opened at 3 AM, though. CRAZIES.

Courtney && Tyler said... Reply To This Comment

Your house looks wonderful! I too love the big lights, last year we did the icicle lights and they were ok i just didnt think they "worked" for arizona livin'! Happy holidays!

Paige said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

I still wore a sweatshirt but busted out the flip flops! That's how I roll over here in the SC...I wish I could say that I was brave enough for Black Friday but last year I went to an outlet in Orlando and sat in the car for 2 hours just trying to find parking...I vowed never again! But good for you for getting some awesome deals! Great pics too!

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda leeann said... Reply To This Comment

today is november 28, and i am wearing shorts and a t-shirt. TN has bipolar weather.

black friday is my favorite. but mainly i ended up buying myself things instead of other people. oops! i hate kmart, and tend to avoid it. walmart will take over the world one day. but target? i love target. i especially loved target yesterday!

thanks for you sweet blog comment =]

Staci said... Reply To This Comment

I see that you were watching White Christmas! I heart that movie! I also attended some Black Friday shopping. I stood in line for an hour @ Old Navy for a frost free Jacket for my daughter for only $15! It was the last one, it was so meant to be! Wal-Mart was a dissappointment here also, but I did fine some cute stuff. This was the first time my hubby had Fri. off so he wanted to go w/ me, but I think next time I will go w/out him (men r grumpy shoppers @ 5 in the am)!

Lauren Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

i can relate to the weather here in texas...

i am loving the lights on your house! those are my FAVORITE kind!

oh gosh. $1.88? that's just sad.
i did go to target though...target rules!

so happy you had a great thanksgiving!

Lauren Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

and Brody is adorable! as always.

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

I don't even want to hear it! It is 85 degrees here and sunny and HOT! So don't you start complaining about AZs beautiful weather right now... cuz I don't want to hear it! :) Your house looks good. I wish I could put christmas lights up...

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like so much fun! Brody is ADORABLE as always, and he looks like he really enjoyed his holidays! 80 DOLLARS!! MAN- you are an amazing shopper. Props to you. :D

Chelsea said... Reply To This Comment

I didn't do black Friday because even with all the great sales I was still missing the money aspect haha. I did however I go the mall at midnight to look at some of the sales I could expect next year, when I hopefully have money!

Good to know good ol' Target has the best deals on Friday! I will keep that in mind :)

Nat said... Reply To This Comment

Ok first of all I love watching White Christmas on Thanksgiving weekend. I watched it twice. Jack pointed out that the entire movie really has nothing to do with Christmas except the last song. whatev....I LOVE IT!


2nd I love those kind of Christmas lights and insisted on purchasing them for our house last year. I can't wait for Jack to get home and put them up!


3rd I would have eaten all that cranberry sauce by myself. Favorite.Thanksgiving.Dish.Ever.


You are cute!

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

im sad I missed it this year. I love the mall black fridays. I know I'm ridiculous.

Loys said... Reply To This Comment

Oh I am in love with the Christmas lights! I wish I had a house and could put those up!

Krysten Hartenstein said... Reply To This Comment

Your Thanksgiving looked like so much fun!! I'm jealous that you have warmth, it's cold here!

Lecia said... Reply To This Comment

Yes! The big colored bulbs are totally the way to go, I love them too!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Sweet savings!! I didn't do much shopping this weekend. I'm so bad and wait til the last minute!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Ohhhhh! I almost forgot. Love love love the new look!!!! You should teach me how to design! :P

Signe said... Reply To This Comment

BTW-your pretzel jello was the bomb! I am going to celebrate moving by making some!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

The pictures of my grandson are too cute--and the house looks amazing! Puts me in the Christmas Spirit! Love, Mother

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

0' by the way, pretzel jello has to be part of our holiday menu---you make that, o.k? Love, Mother