Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sometimes life calls for a day trip

It's true, it does...  in which case, I answer.  I flew solo on this one...but I missed my silly boys tremendously.  Picture2Picture3
There was a reason for my travels... but I can't tell you that.  I might as well blow my cover as a secret agent.
...
Crap.
252153Picture4
Here's what I can tell you...162 163170167165
...it was a lot colder than Arizona.  Naturally.  And I look awkward in this picture.  yessss.
Oh, and popular movie sites are a must-see-if-you-want-to-be-awesome-and-have-any-friends, kind of a thing.
No, I didn't go to Washington and Oregon just because New Moon is coming out... but I did make a crazy reporter think that!  MuhahahahaHAHAHA!  I couldn't bare to burst his bubble. He was pretty excited.  I never had a reporter stick a tape recorder in my face like that and snap dozens of pictures of me.  (Click here to read the article... it cracks me up for some reason.  "I really like the movie." the end.  Bahahaha!) *edit, I removed the article link, it had my full name sorry.
...but that was really just a detour on my otherwise secret mission.  Although I couldn't very well be there without snuggling up to
Picture11
New Moon in the process, now could I?  I'm brushing up.
There was much to see...
242209179182169210  228237236225219238 239243218203
told ya.
Best of all, I got to meet a nephew of mine that I hadn't yet.  Meet Jeff.  He's my new buddy.
247
And then it was time to go.
248262
Just like that.  I didn't even have time for a
202And that's the extent of my "dirty jokes".  Heh.
Every time I visit Washington state I long to move there.  Maybe eventually... maybe not.  I also got to (finally) step foot in Oregon.  Which means the only states I have left on my list are Maine, Alaska, and Hawaii.  Maybe I'll hit all those on my next trip.  But maybe not.
My memorable experience in Oregon went a little like this:
1116091502 Do you see the name??  "Life Guard"?  I'm sorry but if I were ever drowning in  pool I would not reach for one of those.  It's nice to know that our heroic life guards are now being compared to toilet seat covers.  An unspeakable outrage! (name that movie)
Anyway.  Back to.. it...
Bottom line?
1. fell in love with it all
2. spent time with family
3. did something out of the ordinary
...mission accomplished.

27 lovely comments:

KatOfDiamonds said... Reply To This Comment

Very cool! =]

I can't wait to see that article!

<3

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

Oh how I love this post! So cool and i'm officially Jealous...for several reasons...you visited some awesome places BUT you had a YOU day! No baby nothing...I am longing for a ME day! Waaahh!!!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

You've done a lot of traveling! I haven't done much, but I have been to Maine and LOVED it! It's awesome and I hope you get to go there some day!

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

My favorite pictures from your posts are always the ones of Brody.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I freakin am in love with Washington. Let's move our families together. Eh?

Love you!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Love your posts Connie! Looks like a fun trip!

Marci Darling said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like a most excellent trip!!
Love your beautiful pictures!!!

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

Oh a day trip sounds awesome. Youre a lucky one my friend.

SJ said... Reply To This Comment

Love Love LOVE these pictures! I can't believe you got to visit For... I mean Kaloma!

I'm about to start rereading New Moon, too!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Um...can't lie I am a little bummed you didn't stop by and pick me up on your way!! haha

Looks like you had fun! I need to go there...asap!

"I really like the movie." That m'dear is an epic quote!!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Ha! That's so great you were there for one day and got in the article, pic and all!

Brett and Emily said... Reply To This Comment

thats so fun! i wanna take off on a trip somewhere!

Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

You only have three states left? Sheesh. I am so behind.

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

beautiful pictures! you know, if you do want to visit Hawaii, you know someone here that can show you around and that you can stay with! (wink wink)

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

huh? cousin jeff? is there something you need to share?

salena said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

my goodness, you really have a good eye for a picture. I have seen those places many times but somehow they are different thru your eyes

DAD

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

This is amazing. Brody is ADORABLE and EEK! Forks high school! :D HAha. That looks like so much fun.

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Vermont? You've been to Vermont? When? Love, Mother

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Wow! You made the big screen at the ball game and now this---picture and quote published in the paper---you are a celebrity! Love, Mother

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

looks like a nice getaway!

{megs in wonderland} said... Reply To This Comment

bahahahha "long poo" bahahahhaha.

thats funy.

i cant wait to find out what happened, my curiosity is eating me alive!!!!!

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

So fun, but I'm dying to know what the secret mission was.

I'll definitely teach you the little I know about editing. I actually just learned how to reduce my editing time by hours...yes HOURS!!! I have a new photographer friend in my ward and she was so kind to take me under her wing when she found out how long it was taking me to edit. I'll be more then happy to teach you. You pick the time and place:) I guess we can talk Saturday.

PS.-I very much enjoyed this post.

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

So fun, but I'm dying to know what the secret mission was.

I'll definitely teach you the little I know about editing. I actually just learned how to reduce my editing time by hours...yes HOURS!!! I have a new photographer friend in my ward and she was so kind to take me under her wing when she found out how long it was taking me to edit. I'll be more then happy to teach you. You pick the time and place:) I guess we can talk Saturday.

PS.-I very much enjoyed this post.

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

Oh sorry, my mouse wasn't working and I got a little impatient.

Melly Mel said... Reply To This Comment

so fun! you are so beautiful! it looks so peaceful there!

Melly Mel said... Reply To This Comment

so fun! you are so beautiful! it looks so peaceful there!