Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hallo you weenies

*cough * cough.  I'm sick.  Boo.  But I bring you this post since I'm afraid it just might be my last one ever. *cough. (perhaps that's a little dramatic.  Moving on...)
I. LOVE. Halloween.  Probably more than anyone I know.  It's true.  But "CUTE Halloween"... not bloody gory Halloween (ew).  One year, (my parents were moved out and my brother and I had the whole house to ourselves) we turned our house into a haunted house.  It was ALL decked out.  Remained that way for 2 weeks (was a little freaky to sleep in at night though).  Ask me about it sometime.  Anyway I just love Halloween.
Backing up... I had a fun few days to end this week...
Thursday night: Froze at my nephews football game and then went to watch Vampire Diaries & Project Runway with a few of my favorite girls!
102809203210280920361028092035
But before that Tony put together our tiny grill.. I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty hot to watch.  And then he fired up some steaks while I dressed Brody up like a preppy.
10280920281028092012
a preppy who carries around a blanket.
Friday: Had lunch with some great friends.  Click here to see what dessert I brought.  Brody had fun with his friends too (and he had fun eating a huge slice of chocolate mousse cake -which was supposed to be mine).1028091972 1028091971
That night my sister-in-law had a Halloween party which was so much fun.  We played volleyball, ate, played apples to apples, and watched Hocus Pocus!  (It was my first time ever seeing that movie.  I know, I know).
Doesn't Brody make the cutest Mickey you ever saw?  It was hilarious seeing him waddle around in that thing.  (Thanks to mom who got us the costume- which inspired mine... read along to see it!)102809205410280920671028092065102809207110280920691028092068
Tony cooperating for pictures and Brody pointing at a picture on the wall: "JEE JEE" (Jesus).  It's SO cute.
10280920881028092093
Brody:  slowly getting wasted by the pumpkin light death trap.  Me:  just laughing taking pictures.  I'm the best mom.
102809206110280920601028092062
Saturday:  I went thrifting with Lauren and Sierra, it was good times.  Lauren suggested we go to Joes and I about died.  It's my favorite place, remember.  And of course it was Halloween!  We went to our ward party and my friend Tiffany's party.  We missed one of our friend's party though, sadly.
Drum roll...
I was Minnie!!  Surprised?  I've wanted to be Minnie for a while, the last time I was, I was like 3.
10-31-09 Halloween! (46)You already know this but I have to brag... I sewed that skirt all by hand!  I don't know what they are called but I created bunches in it... what are they called... anyway.  Tony was supposed to be a mouse trap but instead went as a piece of cheese that I also made... heh.
We took Brody "trunk or treating" for the first time- it was fun!  Although we had to bribe him with candy to keep him interested- haha.
 10-31-09 Halloween! (32)10-31-09 Halloween! (35)10-31-09 Halloween! (36)10-31-09 Halloween! (24)
He didn't really keep his gloves on.
10-31-09 Halloween! (40)
  We always visit the grandparents... Brody loves having his picture taken, we have several like this.  Tony cooperates too, sometimes.
Picture210-31-09 Halloween! (6)
My favorite parts of my costume?
Picture4Picture6
I love those pearls!  My Great Grandma Pearl gave them to me (how fitting). Picture5 Picture1

34 lovely comments:

Brett and Emily said... Reply To This Comment

so cute!! mickey and minnie!! love it!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

I was waiting for this since this morning. The pictures are adorable of all! Now I will go back and read the blog! I'm so happy for this post! You made my day! Love, Mother

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Mother you cheat. I read the blog and now write my comment!!!

Connie you were a cute Minnie. You were cute as a toddler and you are still cute. Did you see my pumpkin? Do you know who it is? I need some feed back.

Looks like good times...I miss my little girl.

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin' is a comment I heard from you dear hubby! Anyway Connie, the first time I totally missed the ker plunk Brody did getting enmeshed in that death trap pumpkin light thing! Poor boy! (But great job taking his picture---remember the scenery picture I had to take and us nearly falling off the mountain?) I find it ironic that our little mouse was trapped! He deserves Jeda Grandma kisses and hugs for that one! I for one am sooooo proud of Tony for being so CHEESY (I crack myself up)! I may try to get Dad to dress up one day---it may take the pleadings of his grandchildren, but we'll crack him yet! You my dear, did one awesome job on that skirt, and you look absolutely gorgeous as Minnie. Brody was the cutest Mickey Mouse EVER!

{megs in wonderland} said... Reply To This Comment

you are the cutest little mouse family that i know of.
i loooooove love love love love it! and really, those heels are to die for?! wherever did you find them?!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

One more thing Connie! The dessert looks "deadly" and Brody makes an excellent Preppy!

Love, Mother

Bree and Bryce said... Reply To This Comment

so cute! I've always wanted to be minnie too! She so darling!

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

You look BEAUTIFUL as Minnie, and Brody is ADORABLE as Mickey. That is SO cute. :D Haha.

{megs in wonderland} said... Reply To This Comment

CHARLOTTE RUSSE!!! love it. lets go together someday, and buy lots and lots of shoes. deal?

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

I love the pics of Brody all tangled up...I would have done the same thing! And your costume is Presh!

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

Love this c!!! You are darling. I was minnie when I was 4 too. We are so coooool. Brody looks darling. Love his costume!!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

I totally love cute Halloween too! Devin thinks I'm no fun b/c I don't like all the scary stuff. I'm glad there's someone else like me!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

You are so stinkin' cute! Those heels are A.Maz.Ing! And pearls from Pearl? Does it get any better? No. It does not.

KatOfDiamonds said... Reply To This Comment

You guys looked so cute!

LOOOOOVE your skirt and outfit!

Marissa said... Reply To This Comment

AWW!!!! Cutest Mickey Ever!!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

Brody is ADorable in that mickey costume...looks like you guys partied!

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

great job on the skirt! so funny about the pumpkin lights.

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

You make the perfect minnie. So cute. so is the brodster.

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE THE SHOES WITH ALL MY HEART!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

SHOES!!! holy gatos, i am in LOVE!! you are sooo cuuuuute.

also, who is your cousin?! because THAT, my friend, was a mountain view game.

once a toro, always a toro

<3

Austin and Ashtyn said... Reply To This Comment

Your costume was darling!! Loved the pics of Brody falling, I do the same thing with Dax. Sometimes there little clumsyness is to stinking cute and hilarious!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Your outfit is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I am so impressed!

And you can totally wear it with regular outfits! Love!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

So cute!!

you made that skirt? impressive!

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

Your costumes were so cute! I still can't believe you sewed yours by hand. You better be wearing those shoes or I might just come over and steal them from you:)

Nat said... Reply To This Comment

i love your shoes and i want some. i have been trying to find some good yellow or red shoes but have not had luck. sad i know.

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

cutest mickey and minnie ever!!
adorable pics girly!!
glad you all had such a fun halloween :)

SloneFamily said... Reply To This Comment

You are too cute! Love this :)

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

SOOO much cuteness! I love yours and Brody's Mickey and Minnie costumes! Tony's cheese is pretty much genius! :)

I would have LOVED seeing you guys at that party you missed! :(

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Heck yea Halloween was awesome and so was the game. my nephew had a tackle, fumble recovery and a tipped pass! and yea its mountain view jv.
Tony

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Those yellow shoes are delicious :)

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

Great job on the skirt! I love it:) I can imagine how brody walked in that costume. I bet it was comical:)

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

At Tiffany's I thought "oh my gosh, I would totally wear that skirt on any regular day too" haha. So I hope you do. Or I will gladly take it from you. :) and I love the shoes. You're so freaking cute!

Melly Mel said... Reply To This Comment

i'm sorry but you take the cake for BEST HALLOWEEN. EVER>
love it.