Friday, November 20, 2009

Baffled

I've been scratching my head for about 6 months straight... I'm starting to see a little bald spot.  I'm not sure what happened (ok maybe do) but somehow my quaint little family blog has some followers (some of whom, I have yet to cyber acknowledge- consider this a warm [[[hug]]] from baldy)  Anyways, I guess the only thing I can say is "thanks" for the love.
*scratches bald spot
Anyway what I really started writing about today was
Picture11
HI!!!  I think, if we are talking age Jacob would say I'm twelve right about now.  I was sooo giddy after seeing that!  Allow me to explain why though...
Well, first check out our awesome shirts...
011 I was the only Team Jacob but it's all good...
006010
can you tell this shirt was crumpled up on my floor all night/day? haha
OK.... First of all, back in the day when I was reading Twilight I didn't care much for Edward.  I was a Jacob fan all the way.  Jacob ADORED Bella- and wasn't rude in the halls one day and making out with her the next.  I know Edward adored her too, he just had a funny way of showing it most of the time (and that bothered me).  Although, I understand where he's coming from (since he didn't want to eat her) but I would think- dude make up your mind.  I don't have issues with the vampires, I think they are super.  But I deep down always wanted Bella to go for Jacob (=
...there's just a little background for ya.  So with that said, this movie sure did it for me.  It's a great time to be Team Jacob (;
New Moon Pictures
I'd stop reading if you haven't seen it and plan to!!
SO anyway, there were like one or two things that irritated me just a littleMostly just the parts that were different from the book... it makes me wonder why they just don't follow it sometimes.  They could've!  Oh well, it was great despite that.
My favorites were Mike Newton
new-moon-movie-pictures-592
just hilarious.  That whole scene cracked me up!  Same with this one...
New Moon Pictures
I totally love that they added this part from the book!
the Volturi!  They are straight up legit.
new-moon-movie-pictures-554
I can't wait to see more of them later on.
Esme, oh my gosh!  She looked awesome- the hot vamp mom I expected all along.  Now without that huge hideous wig.  The other thing I liked was that the vampires eyes looked soooo much better than they did in Twilight.
Wallpaper_esme_1280x1024
The dream scene with gram was one of my favorite parts of the movie.  Something about it... I about cried. lol!
new-moon-movie-pictures-507 I don't care what any one says... I think Kristen is the perfect Bella!  When I was reading the books all I could say about Bella was that she is crazy.  Kristen plays her so well.  I think it would be hard to portray a "person" like Bella who is such a thinker.  Who thinks about more than she really says.  Do you follow me?  Ah well...New Moon Pictures
It kind of bugged me that they showed Edwards face in every "hallucination" Bella had.  I thought they could've started off w just his voice and move to her seeing him... would've been less corny, I think.  And follow the book, of course.
new-moon-movie-pictures-594
The wolves were awesome- I was afraid they'd look too weird or fake but they were perfect, I thought.
jacob_wolf jacob new-moon-movie-pictures-956 Even though I knew exactly what was going to happen here I was still on the edge of my seat.  This part was so good!
new-moon-movie-pictures-552
These parts were a bit awkward for me...
edwardbella new-moon-movie-pictures-597
Eh.
Well I guess I went on long enough... when I blogged my feelings about Twilight, the movie, I had a lot more to say because it just wasn't as good.  I'm so glad we do not have to wait another full year to see Eclipse!  But I'm wondering how it's going to be.. what, with a new director and all.  Arg.new-moon-movie-pictures-987 OH- but one thing I did love was that they actually really did make Jacob look older in this one.  In the books he goes from looking like a cute lil kid in Twilight to practically an adult in New Moon.  Props to Taylor for working out as much as he did because he definitely did look "HUGE" like he was supposed to.new-moon-movie-pictures-920
The End. 
Your thoughts?

26 lovely comments:

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

ahhh.... I Haven't seen it yet but and going in an hour! I cannot wait!!!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

I had no idea you were Team Jacob...this saddens me.

I do still love you though! haha

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

aaahhhh...I can't wait to see it tomorrow! I am taking Ariel with me and she is about to pass just thinking about it! How freakin cute!

ashley wright said... Reply To This Comment

uh, saw it and LOVED it!!!!!!! I kept saying out loud everytime I saw Jacob "oh. my. gosh." "look at him, no really, look at him!"

I LOVED LOVED LOVED It, and It surpassed my expectations!

Adrian said... Reply To This Comment

I absolutely loved the movie too. It was on a whole new level apart from Twilight. And I'm almost to Team Jacob. I think if I see the movie again I will be.

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

YES. I haven't seen it yet, but am TOTALLY going all fangirl on it. totes. :D

Staci said... Reply To This Comment

I was suppose to see this tonight w/ hubby, but I had to make a trip 2 states away for a funeral by myself.. So I gotta wait till next Wed. to see it! :( So I'm blog-stalking to get all the movie info from everyone else! ;)

Katie said... Reply To This Comment

Basically, ditto to everything. Loved loved loved New Moon. I thought Kristen was brilliant.

Also, although I am not Team Jacob, I just wanted to say I understand the trials and tribulations of being on the "unpopular" or losing team in a book series--I was (still am/always will be) a Harry/Hermione fan, in regards to Harry Potter, in a world full of Ron/Hermione fans. Ugh.

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

Ive been team Jacob from the beginning. Edward is annoying.

{megs in wonderland} said... Reply To This Comment

im team jacob too. see, we were meant to be bffs.

but really, i feel like a pedophile, because everytime he had his shirt off i couldnt help but feeling sexually attracted to his ridiculous bod. loooooooooove him. mmmmmmmmmm.

and that movie was SO good... but the edward and bella scenes were still too awkward. they need to stop all that heavy orgasmish breathing.
and i laughed uncontrollably, at all the wrong parts. the cliff jumping scene, the volturi scene (especially the tourist part!), the edward and bella frolick through the woods in clothes from 1926...
oh gosh. gotta love it.

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED NEW MOON!!!! oh my gosh! I am going to see it again tomorrow! It was WAY better than Twilight and I can NOT wait for Eclipse! Seriously that last line in the movie KILLED me! Ahhh... I am so happy right now!

Sara said... Reply To This Comment

I can't wait to see it! Were you snapping pictures in the movie theater?

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Sara- no, I got those pictures online (:
Brea and everyone- I am soooo happy you liked it!
Megan- I was lol throughout your comment. You slay me

Good times! Ugh I want to see it againnnnn! :p

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

If we get to come up, are you ready for a date night with just the girls? We would definately bring Silas if we came (Anne won't leave home without him), So he could help watch the boys! Love, Mom p.s. I'll keep you posted on the trip plans! They change from minute to minute!

Hoffman Family said... Reply To This Comment

I saw it last night with a friend and i thought it was pretty good. I would have to agree with you on most everything you said except I'm more for Edward instead of Jacob (well, book Edward anyway). But yeah, I'm totally with you on the awkward parts. I couldn't help but giggle to myself. I also felt a little awkward when all the girls in the audience screamed when Jacob took his shirt off. That would be awesome if Steve was there with me. We would have a good laugh.

Kiley said... Reply To This Comment

loved it. :) i actually really liked twilight, but this was even better!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Me loves your review. I've been super busy so I haven't blogged about it yet.. I'm just gonna have to link back to yours!
Anywho.. love NEW {freakin}MOON. Going to see it again again tonight. But I'm not crazy. Srsly I'm not. Well ok maybe a little ;)

SJ said... Reply To This Comment

It was so good! I was so close to being Team Jacob, but Edward just has my heart.

The Volturi were so good! Dakota Fanning... loved it!

Lindsay, Dano and Navy said... Reply To This Comment

Amen sister!!! Man I can't stop thinking about it! It was so GREAT! That was seriously so much fun and our shirts ROCKED!! I totally know what you mean about the Edward thing. I've been slightly torn all along! We HAVE to see it again!

Melly Mel said... Reply To This Comment

You are so cute! I have not seen it yet, so I was reading this post until I saw what you said... I did peak at the pictures. Good to know that you are team Jacob though :)

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

ok...so now that I've seen it...I am still Team Edward HOWEVER besides the fact that I just can't get into Jacob like "that" b/c seriously he is shark boy, he portrayed him great and looked great. And my heart seriously hurts for him now...I found myself wanting them to kiss...what is that all about if I am team Edward??? I left alittle sad for him!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

I love love loved New Moon! I saw it twice this past weekend! (Yes, I was one of those girls!)

My favorite scene was when Bella slapped Paul and he transformed. I was really impressed with how the wolves looked!

So good!

Krysten Hartenstein said... Reply To This Comment

When I read the books I am Team Edward. But then I see the movies and I'm totally Team Jacob. I mean for real... look at him!!!

Stopping by from 20SB!

amanda leeann said... Reply To This Comment

hi, i'm amanda!

your shirt is pretty much legit. i want one! too bad i am not bff with lauren and do not live in AZ...haha.

dude. i heart new moon. and jacob. i feel real bad for him. i prefer to be switzerland to keep the peace. it work well, until people try to persuade me onto teams..

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so glad I'm team Jacob! I saw the movie this week.

Brittney said... Reply To This Comment

I agree. I think everyone did a better job this go around (and I was THRILLED for the removal of Jacob's terrible, terrible extensions..). I think Kristin makes an excellent Bella and I think a lot of the hate stems from angry tweens ;-)

Aannnnd I agree.. the old-style-dress-frolick-in-the-forest was a bit too campy for me!