Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ta-day

{camera phone adventures... mostly}

Guess what I busted out today???

1028091157

Yup, three-quarter sleeves. As opposed to a long sleeve or turtle neck. We're not quite there...although people were lookin like Eskimos on campus today..bahaha. It totally, more like, finally became fall-ish here in Mesa town. *Brrrrr*

So to keep warm we journeyed over to

1028091502a

for a delightful overpriced (but delicious) cupcake

307 ..or two or three. Seemed like the hip thing to do.

Oh and here, and here... why not.

10280915401028091656

(tell me one bad thing about Macs...we're getting serious about it and need input. plz? thanks)

Brody was loving life.

300310 Mostly.

Here's what he loved the most- his socks with crocs. My kid is awesome. Or I guess I'm awesome since I'm the one who dresses him.

302

I had big elaborate plans to make a delicious steak dinner on our new BBQ. We have a gas BBQ out back: we were told upon move-in that it was a great working feature...nope, broke. So we bought a cheap one at Wal-mart. ha.

Since it got a lil late and our BBQ has still not been assembled, we did the next best thing...

1028091745a Drive thru. Sweeeeeet.

1028091730aI love ignoring homework and spending time with my boys. Today was Life is good.

Oh and I also dusted off these bad boys. Because I'm a pansy now and can't take the cold. Did I ever tell you I went to BYU-I and braved –25 degrees? I'm practically a legend here in AZ.

1028091959

Peace out.

ps. the melted mess in my last post was one of those tweety bird ice cream bars. I'm really depressed no one knew that (lol). Remember those? Aah well.

20 lovely comments:

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

Yes. I have totally pulled out my bad boy fuzzy socks as well. My goodness, it's getting cold in California! I even had to wear my pea coat today.. mmm toasty.

Life IS good. :D

Nat said... Reply To This Comment

"I'm practically a legend here in AZ." this is my favorite line ever. seriously everyone was so cold today, but lets be honest...60 degrees ain't no thang.

Katie said... Reply To This Comment

I love everyones different weather mentalities based on geography. I'm used to cold and ice and snow in CO so when I'm at school here in Memphis (which I am right now) days like today (60 and sunny) feel like short sleeve and flip flop weather. It was a beautiful day. :)

I am dying to try "Sprinkles"! I love cupcakes and those are just so cute.

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

I've got my slippers on as well. I have been freezing all day. I haven't blogged for a while, your final project pictures turned out great!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

CONNIE! YOU GOT SPRINKLE'S?!?! I am seriously overjoyed right now!

I mean c'mon I have blogged about cupcakes like 42 times...so what did you think?!

{megs in wonderland} said... Reply To This Comment

those shoe things are BITCHIN.

oh az. i miss.

i am so happy your life is good, bff! and send me a cupcake? please??? i need it to bear the frigid provo! i dont know why i live in an endless wasteland of frozen tundra.

Lauren Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

i know what you mean...i FINALLY got to wear a coat this week!

one of my good friends is at byu and she is a fan of hot weather and humidity (CRAZY!) so i hope she can take the cold! :)

crocs with socks...love it.

those cupcakes are making me hungry...

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Mmmm, those cupcakes look delicious!!

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

I'm wearing a turtle neck right now.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE your slippers! Darling!

Um...Brody's crocs rock! Love!

Monica said... Reply To This Comment

~~*I was soo excited to bust out my new BOOTS and not feel RIDIC in them!! I'm a baby in cold weather.. it was 48 degrees this morning..BRRR!!! The sprinkles cupcakes "LOOK" YUMMY.. but they are NOT!!! (Well, the Red Velvet Cuppycake isn't too bad)=) Brody is ADORBALE!!! =) Crocs on babies are the cutest.. grown men.. NOT SO MUCH!!! (My husband has a pair or two of them.. I DESPISE) =(*~~

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Yes get a Mac. I recently told someone on their blog (I can not remember who, maybe is was you. I don't know???) that we got a Mac and it is the best thing ever! I LOVE it and I will never buy a PC again. I'm not a huge fan of lap tops b/c I can't stand the keyboard, no mouse, and no ten key, so we got an iMac. It was the best decision we ever made. If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will:)

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Oh and they just came out with a new iMac...I totally want that one now...but online you can get a refurbished one, which I didn't know about when we got ours or I totally would have because they have the same warranty as the brand new ones. Just wanted to throw that out there...

Fiery Jack said... Reply To This Comment

What's wrong with crocs with socks? I do it all the time?

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

Though I knew exactly the tweety bird ice-cream upon your revealing--I have to admit, that before I read the reveal, I thought, I know that looks familiar---like something from when you guys were small! I was pleased to see it actually was! Love, Mother!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

I loved seeing you all in this post, I love your "winter clothes" and seeing Tony get dinner for you guys, and Brody's expression was priceless! Looks like he had a great day with his folks! (ha, ha)

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, while the temperature is not as bad as -25, you really have not been cold until you spent winter in Northern Iraq. Oh, the wind! No amount of layering kept your daddy warm.

I used crocs in Iraq as shower shoes. Things were not so bad in Sulaymaniyah, but at FOB Warrior in Kirkuk, the latrines and showers were in separate CHUs (trailers) and those thin cheap shower shoes they sell at the PX do nothing to protect your feet from the gravel and cold. Yeah, crocs rock.

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

by happy you are only to 3/4 sleeves.
i have had to wear a winter coat the past few weeks, boo!
the cupcakes look scrumptious!
your little man looks like an angel!
i have a mac, love it!
hope your dinner was delicious!!
love warm socks and slippers!! i always wear slippers at home :) they make me feel much cozier ;)

have a great weekend love bug!! XO!

Elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

When I saw that first Sprinkles picture, it looked like shoes on display to me. Both delicious things, shoes or cupcakes.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

OhhhH! I totally see it now! A melted Tweety Bird ice cream bar.. yeah!
And I love the mouse themed costumes! :)