Monday, October 5, 2009

A lot to Love

9-30-09 (74)

I am ♥ing...

You know, even though my TP looks like this most of the time, it serves as a reminder that my son now knows how to blow his nose; and put the soiled tissue in the garbage all by himself.  Seems like nothing great- but for a kid who also sticks soggy Cheerios up his nose, it really comes in handy.

187 184 

Making cupcakes.  There's just something magical about smelling like spice, cream cheese frosting, and a little bit of sweat.  Yes, Indeed. (recipe coming soon... minus the sweat.  Maybe.)

054134131  This old school VW.  I heart it.  I couldn't help myself when I sawll it...  pictures were begging to be taken.

9-28-09 (16) 9-28-09 (4) 

This 30lb quarterback.  Freakin love this kid.  (Duh.)  Why 30lbs?  You tell me...

143144

Joes.  Leave it to me to love a BBQ pit.  If I had my choice at fine dining or Joes, I'd go with Joes.  I'm about the only girl I know who would suggest a bunch of girls go there rather than say... Cheesecake Factory or something.

9-30-09 (19)9-30-09 (44)

And as long as we are in the neighborhood, I absolutely love Old town Gilbert.  It's so cute...

9-30-09 (7)9-30-09 (24)9-30-09 (46)9-30-09 (6)9-30-09 (82)9-30-09 (35)9-30-09 (72)9-30-09 (43)9-30-09 (37)9-30-09 (28)

The desert.  Although, I have to remind myself that I love it quarterly, at least.  I may gripe about the 9 months of summer but the winter here doesn't get any better.  It gets cold, which I love...but not horribly frigid.  Anyway I do love the desert even though rather than fall colors we get more and more cacti.  Totally.

9-22-09 (11) - Copy 9-22-09 (35) 

Being a celebrity.   Oh yah- did I not promise you many moons ago that I'd explain that one?  I did.  Anyway. When T and I were at the dbacks game recently, someone hit a homer which was heading my direction. AND by my direction I mean 100 feet away from where we were sitting.  Despite that fact though, Tony tried to dive for the ball- and pretty much took me out in the process.  Thanks a lot.  Despite his best efforts, my blurry face still made it on ESPN, however.  He totally got in front of me just so he could have more airtime... didn't work.  I so did get on ESPN.  All 9 milliseconds.  IN yo FACE Tony. ♥ you.9-24-09 (24) That's us.  See it?  Told you I was a celebrity. (sarcasm, for those who are unsure)And my face.  Boo-yah grandma! (you really have to hear me say this.  Just sayin.)

Picture2

There is something I'm not ing as much...

Well, tune in tomorrow.  Or whenever I feel like posting next. Don't worry it's not horribly depressing.

17 lovely comments:

Melly Mel said... Reply To This Comment

Wow! You make AZ so fun looking. When I lived there, it wasn't that much fun. I love your photography. You are great. Those cupcakes are great.

Staci said... Reply To This Comment

I have to say those cupcakes look very tempting. Since I've started my diet I haven't made my kids any fun fall stuff :'(. You know wat I think is funny thou. I did my "what I heart" post today too. Hmm.. great minds think alike I guess.

Staci said... Reply To This Comment

Oh and the toliet paper thing, atleast it's not all in the toliet like my 7yr. still does!!!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE that you suggested Joes BBQ. Can you believe I have never been there? It's true.

LOVE your photos!

ashley and wes said... Reply To This Comment

i NEEEEEEEED the recipe for those cupcakes... i want to eat one for breakfast right now! mmmmmmmm... delicious :)

Are you seriously kidding me... brody is for reals 30 lbs?!!! big dude for sure! i love it :) he couldnt be cuter!

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Mike and I love Joe's. ESPECIALLY on birthdays. Fall double date? We could even hit a play afterward across the street....

Sara said... Reply To This Comment

I am doing a cupcake class every Tues. for kids. I'll have to try your spice cupcake. I am planning on making one for Nov. I can't believe Brody is 30 lbs. I think Nathan might be 30 lbs and he is almost 6. I'm exaggerating. I have no idea how much Nathan weighs. Get your kiddo into football!

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

You are a celebrity. Next time I see you please bring an autographed picture of yourself:)

I'm down with a girls night watching breakfast at tiffany's on the projector. Just let me know when.

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

i love JOE'S!! it is delish. cute cute pics. and you are a celebrity...the suspense was killing me.

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

You're a great photographer.

Oh, and we have the same trash can in the bathroom!

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

i love joes bbq.

yummmmy.

and old town gilbert is adorable.

no joke.

Katie said... Reply To This Comment

Mmmm BBQ! Sounds tasty! I go to school in Memphis where there's plenty of BBQ and I'm happy no one's ever shy about eating it.

I'm jealous of your AZ winter. I don't think I'm ready to freeze my boots off yet. :(

Beautiful photos...old town Gilbert looks charming!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

I really never thought of AZ as a place I wanted to visit...that is until I see all of your FAB pictures! It looks absolutely beautiful!

This Cali girl is also looking forward to the cold weather...the clothes are So.Much.Cuter!

Brody is the cutest little boy ever...and those cupcakes are the second cutest...

Brett and Emily said... Reply To This Comment

im all about some good BBQ over cheesecake factory. any day. love your kids chubbiness! he is adorable!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I remember Joe's BBQ from one of my visits--yummy! Those cupcakes are sure to be delious too, and speaking of your beautiful 30 pound bouncy baby, he looks the most delicious! I need to hold him and give him grandma kisses---soon enough (a month and 1/2 away)! Love, Mother

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

silas and I have our 1 second of fame at the second before this youtube video ends! see if you can find us. seriously we are to the right hand side of the baby in pink (who's on top of the guys shoulders) i'm so proud of me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szobdeQnkfk

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I {heart} your little hearts everywhere!
You must tell your secret. What's the trick?

Oh and I major {heart} your amazazing photos. BTW- totally voted for your self portrait on Sussy. :)