Monday, October 26, 2009

19 hours

My brother Mike came to visit us from UCLA for a total of 19 hours. 8 of them were spent sleeping. It was awesome. Sure, it was a short trip but we lived it up! {The night he got here we went to a Halloween party at my friend Jessie's house but we neglected to bring our camera! Sad day!}

158

He totally brought his homework. Sweet.

The next day we went to the best place ever for lunch, can you tell where???

187

Surprised? Don't be. (I converted Mike. I plan on converting the entire world; it's going well so far.)

Tony had a softball tournament so we all went to watch. Picture1 (6) I mostly watched Brody; who made it a point to keep his distance.206

At one point some dude was singing at the top of his lungs.

Picture1

The best place to sit was way out here... 205

under this nice tree... since it was so hot.

207(yes, that is a hairy bar of soap and blanket/towel. It literally did have hairs on it)

Does anyone else think this is funny/cute (especially cute)? 2 dollars to the person who knows what it is... because I sure do! (I'm just not sure why whoever it belonged to, let it go to waste.) Pity.

189

I dunno, it cracked me up for some reason.

Then we were done with the park and went to get Mikes favorite thing in Arizona (2nd to Joes).229

And Brody's favorite thing.

236 238

Mike is such a great uncle. Side note: Brody is named after him. (B's middle name) Brody loves him, it's so cute to watch.

234231 Once Brody was down for his nap Mike and I decided to carve my sad looking pumpkin.

244 I have a tendency to pick out the retarded pumpkin in the patch... I feel like it's going to get wasted if I don't buy it. haha!

247

My brother is so patient... I just wanted to hack into the thing. 241

btw, those jeans were my anniversary present from Tony... I know, right?Picture1Picture2 262

Can you tell what it is?270

Mike had to catch his plane before we got to finish it...

here's the result, Mike!

272

(ninja turtle)

I believe a trip to visit family is worth it even if it's just a few hours. Now let's see if I can talk my due-any-day sister and her family to come drop by! Eh, eh??

Picture5

27 lovely comments:

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Okay, first and foremost your brother is a little foxy if I may be so bold! lol

Oooh I love Icee's of any kind and those look scrumptious!

The best pumpkin ever. More specifically which turtle is it?

Family visits are family vists! No matter how long or short they still do a heart good.

Nat said... Reply To This Comment

i want a QT slush right now. not even kidding.

tony is the most awesome at anniversary presents.

i must try joe's again some time. i didn't like it the first time.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Specifically: Michelangelo. Easy. Mike has always decided that's his favorite (for obvious reasons)

But if you're asking me it's Donatello. Hands down

=)

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

FUN! I totally need to get on my pumpkin carving... and stop procrastinating! :D

And I have NO idea what that splotch is.. a melted ice cream bar?

And next time you go to the park and hear the bathroom singing guy, tell him Allison says hi. Because I sing in the shower. And showers are taken in the bathroom. So we're practically buds. :D

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

What did you do with the pumpkin seeds? if you still have them around and don't plan on using them can I have them?

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE this! :)

{megs in wonderland} said... Reply To This Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmm, is it a spilled boba drink?

jennster said... Reply To This Comment

these pictures rock and ahem.. your brother is totally hot. lol

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

LOVE the pumpkin and Brody! He's just so stinkin cute!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Sorry Connie...I must agree with your brother! Michaelangelo was always my fav. Thats who I would be when my brother and I played Ninja Turtles! lol

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

your bro is too cute! ;)
looks like ya'll had SO MUCH fun together. brody is adorable too, OF COURSE!!
where did ya eat for lunch?!? and what is that mess on the ground with 2 blue eyeballs? hehe!
cute jeans!!!
great photos girly!! XO!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

ya'll need to understand that Rafael is the best ninja turtle mmk. Also, i would love to take credit for giving good gifts but really i bought those for myself but they didn't have enough sparkleys on them so i let Connie have them.

Tony

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

awh your brudder is cute.

i wanted to go to UCLA for soo long.
but chose berkeley instead.
but then DIDN'T choose berkeley
and ultimately ended up at ASU.

coooool.

i love you

heidi lou said... Reply To This Comment

I agree with the previous comments-your brother isn't bad to look at.

And those jeans=HOT.

Nice job Tony!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Soooo what is the melted egg yoke lookin' thing?
BTW- looooove the pumpkin!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE the ninja turtle! So awesome!

Love your new jeans!

I have an idea...let's go to Joe's on Saturday! I have never been. I want to experience it with you. Then we can thrift!

Love you!

Mike said... Reply To This Comment

Dude, I am glad it turned out so well! I had so much fun with you and that was my little slice of halloween this year since I'll be at FTX this weekend. LOVE YA Sis.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

It was one of those tweety bird ice creams you get from the ice cream man. Remember those? I loved them back in the day

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

My guess is bubble tea drink. That is wonderful that your brother got to spend a few hours with you! I'm jealous.

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

I love this post! I got to see three very cool people who I love, You, Brody and Michael. Try as I might when he was younger, I couldn't keep Turtle Fever away from Michael (ha, ha, ha). I have to say that your Michaelangelo could win a pumpkin carving contest if you entered it! I am glad you all got to share some time together! Love, Mother

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

connie you crack me up -visit? not a chance! but I love you! ;)

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

oh and I know that wasn't a melted egg- bubblegum popsicle- and it was sad to see it wasted!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Oh Tony...you are crazy! Rafael is SO the third coolest sorry! Michaelangelo, Donatello, Rafael, and last but not least Leonardo. The end! lol

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

you girls need to keep your ninja turtle opinions to yourself! Go rank the My Little Ponnies or something! haha jk, jk :)

Tony

JED said... Reply To This Comment

What is a ninja turtle?

Molly said... Reply To This Comment

lol, the thing on the ground looks like pancake batter. Who carries around pancake batter though?

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

haha very true... it was a Tweety Bird ice cream pop...with the gumball eyes...?... please tell me you know what I'm talking about!