Saturday, September 19, 2009

To My Old Man

Here's a little something for you...

0919091017 But do not dismay, I followed this guy around Wal-Mart today and found out "old guys rule". (Sorry it's blurry... I had to be stealth with my camera phone)

0919091049 So... it's all good that you've been well over the hill for a decade now.  (According to Tony, anyway... who thinks its at 40.  I always thought over the hill was at 50.  Does anyone know which it is??)

At any rate, Happy 50th Birthday!  You really haven't changed a bit.Copy of oldfampics 023

12 lovely comments:

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Birthday Lynn!
Tony

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

How cute are you connie?!! i always thought it was 50? ohhh yes, my mom says its 50 (maybe cause she's 42--hehe) Happy Birthday to your Daddy!

Lecia said... Reply To This Comment

It better be 50!

ashley wright said... Reply To This Comment

what a cute post :) love the old pic of your dad with the fish :)

Pretty sure over the hill is 50...
my dad just turned 50 and we gave him a hard time about it :)

ALSO, love your brody only weekend post. thats fun to just spend TIME with the babe and not worry about anything else for once.

Nat said... Reply To This Comment

Was that a picture of John Wayne on that guys shirt? John Wayne totally does rule.

Over the hill is considered 40.....I think. I don't think 50 is even old.


oh and I love vintage pictures of family members.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

He he! My dad turns 50 in October. Old guys do rule! ;)
Happy Bday Connnie's Dad!

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

The way I remember it, my dad's over the hill party was 40. and that was like fifteen or sixteen years ago. I just remember the cool decorations. We had gravestones in the yard with cool saying all over them. And then his fiftieth was he reached the bottom of the hill party. That was more recent.

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Birthday to your pops!!

Oh and in regards to the comment you left on my blog...I will try to not die in the heat! I SO spaced that you live in the oven also known as AZ! Your heat SO beats northern california heat!

wowteacher@hotmail.com said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, you know I had to look up the official age that over the hill is and the internet experts start at age 30, and then go 40, 50 and 60 (with 70 and 80 being commemorated if the person has a sense of humor). So, mostly over the hill is a celebration for the amused at heart who don't take offense at growing older. I also found sayings used by those over the hill like:"You're just jealous because the voices in my head are talking to me and not you", "I used to jog five miles a day, until I found a shortcut", and "Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself." My favorite one of course that to me epitomizes your father is "Destiny is not a matter of chance: It is a matter of choice!" With him changing careers now, he realized that he had to be in the driver's seat of his life---he couldn't let anyone else or any employer dictate that for him! He's awesome! Thanks for the birthday tribute to the man I married who still has movie star quality looks! I love that picture we took up at Brownstown. Those trout didn't stand a chance! Have a fabulous 50th year handsome hubby of mine! Love, Mother, Melody

wowteacher@hotmail.com said... Reply To This Comment

Brown's Town is the correct spelling of that campground in Bishop, California. Forgive me if I erred! I know it is too sacred a place to have messed up the spelling! Those were fun times! Here is another little diddy I found out---Mahogany meats (where Grandma and Grandpa used to buy the Bishop bacon, only ships to California addresses. Maybe at Thanksgiving time sometime we can get together for a good ole fashioned Bishop Bacon Fry!!!! Whatdaya' think, Lynn, Connie, Anne, Michael? Love, Mother (for Lynn--your honey)

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Thank you all for the “kind” comments on aging. Do you all want to know why I am considered as “over the hill?” I can out run most of you and nearly all of my contemporaries! That means I am usually on the other side of the hill waiting for everybody to catch up! Being over the hill means that I will be joining the Army as a lieutenant colonel, not a private (I am now in the Army National Guard on active duty and will transfer to the Active Army soon). Being over the hill to me means that people think I am five to ten years younger than I really am. Being over the hill to me means that no one believes I am a grandfather of THREE, soon to be four kids. Yeah, I do not mind being teased about being “over the hill.” If only others would be in as good shape when they are my age! But SERIOUSLY, thank you one and all for the kind comments. I had a great birthday. I got to spend three days with my son Mike and my beautiful bride Melody.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

MOM! Thanks for solving that mystery for me/tony. That makes so much sense, I can't believe I didn't think of that before