Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I love it when...

...my car battery dies at HOME.  If it's going to happen at all, please make it at home!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!   ...?

...when I drop 40 bones at Yankee Candle- first of all, who does that?  ... and...so... the scents make my ears and throat itch like mad.  Evidently I'm allergic.  Almost killed me.

...I’d consider buying this bracelet.  Anthropologie!?  Err... how about GYMBOREE.  And I don't think it helps my case to say I'd buy a few clothing items there if they had my size.
0829091824
...when Brody throws my shoe in the toilet and lands without hitting the water.  Amazing.  (I wore those shoes today btw.. anyone down to give me a foot rub?)

...when I hang on to things till the bitter end.  Check this toothpaste for example... and just some of my makeup.  I even put milk jugs back in the fridge when there's a swig left.  Oh.  What?  You don't?  WASTER!  (can't you see all the makeup left?  p.s. don't tell me about all the bugs that live in it... I know.)
8-15-09 (9) 8-11-09 (7)
...when my favorite childhood book gets made into a movie.  But...THIS? 
 cloudy-with-a-chance-of-meatballs-nashville-tn-fun-places-to-eat-with-kids CLOUDY%20WITH%20A%20CHANCE%20OF%20MEATBALLS-IN
To THIS?  Yikes.  I'm only slightly skeptical... and maybe a tad offended.
cloudy_with_a_chance_of_meatballscloudy-with-a-chance-of-meatballs-0
And finally... I love it when I become fascinated with owls.  Whyyyy?  Not because 4738220580989430 girls suddenly eat.sleep.wear. owls-- no.  See... many moons ago at any regular doctors appointment, Brody's pediatrician uttered, "you little hoot owl".  That's right.  To my son.  So the fact that I bought this...
090
and have been taking pictures
here0420092040 and here0421091540 
...to find a comparison-
is totally legit.  Just sayin.
0814091444
So I guess I started a trend.

xoXOoxO
little kiss, little hug, BIG kiss, BIG hug, little hug....

24 lovely comments:

Lecia said... Reply To This Comment

Yay, I've never been comment number uno before - what a thrill ride! I think you should write a book about owls, I hear they're the new vampire. P.S. Brody and the cute little owl do kind of resemble each other! Plus, I use exclamation points too much!

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

actually cloudy with a chance of meatballs is MY favorite childhood book, you know that!

Fiery Jack said... Reply To This Comment

Ha. When you set it up that way, with the book and the eyes an stuff... yeah, I can see the owl thing.

Shirley totally has an owl t-shirt.

I use my toothpaste to the bitter end.

A gallon of milk usually goes bad at our house before there's only a swig left.

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

dead car batteries make me so mad. i cant even set up the Wii let alone just start a freakin car. guess i should do a little car lessons 101? i have like 203,006 eyeshadows that look like that. and i loooovee that bracelet!!

Lauren Elizabeth Crazypants said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely things to love!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

I loved "Cloudy With A Change of Meatballs" when I was litte...that movie, however looks sacriligious.

Oh my goondness...even if he doesn't look like a hoot owl that is still a super cute thing to call a kid..darling!

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

Why was I seriously about to the SAME post! Not everything you said though but the..."I LOVE IT WHEN.." BUT mine was gonna be all sarcasm b/c I have had alot of those moments this week! I'll still do it I think! oh and my Bonus kids would LOVE you just for quoting Nacho! I'm just sayin! :)

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

haha yes, Jamie, you should! It's probably hard to tell when I'm being sarcastic and when I'm not... most of this is sarcastic but then again some of it might not be (;

Hoffman Family said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, your posts crack me up. I actually didn't read "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" until I was in college. Sad, huh? However, it's great that those are the type of books you get to read a child development major. Anyway, yeah, I can see the owl thing.

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Okay...so I just re-read my comment and I spell like a moron! lol They need spell check on this comment business...

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Oh Alexandria, I certainly don't care. I'm just happy you stop by this blog of mine. (and that goes to all of you ♥ ha ha)

Natalie Ann Ingram said... Reply To This Comment

hahaha. shirley stock has an owl t-shirt. it's funny too.

I just realized how i recognize you....you know mike and Shirley. me too. i think i sat with them next to you and your cute baby at christine's reception. small world right?


anyway...i love to use things completely up. it's a game i play. like pens...my favorite thing is when a pen runs out. ok I am weird.

hello!

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

I am SOOO not a waster, but my stinkin' family members can be sometimes! Hubby Man throws away toilet paper rolls when there is still 1/4 of an inch of paper still on them! YIKES! Lauren used to toss toothpaste tubes that weren't even CLOSE to being properly squished flat! Now Zach does the same thing! So what do I do? I pull the tube right back out of the cute li'l wastebasket, wash it off, and put it in MY bathroom to use up! :D

P.S. I call my family stinkin' in the most loving of ways! ;)

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

I have been lucky enough to never have a battery die on my cars. Knock on wood. But im sure it sucks. That bracelet is cute. And seriously if they had big girl sizes at gymboree I would be right there with you. I hate tons of make up like that too. And the owl... so hot right now.

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

I have been lucky enough to never have a battery die on my cars. Knock on wood. But im sure it sucks. That bracelet is cute. And seriously if they had big girl sizes at gymboree I would be right there with you. I hate tons of make up like that too. And the owl... so hot right now.

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

connie i love you.

and i hate that fake pixar-looking
meetball pelting movie picure.

le sigh. no one does it right these days.

except disney. but that's because celestial kingdom=disneyland because it's the happiest place (the phrase "on earth" is prepositional, hence CAN be omitted)

SHABAM, SAM!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

What the? I thought I commented on this post. I am going crazy, apparently.

Anyway, no i don't like the animation for the meatballs movie :( sad.

firecrackers said... Reply To This Comment

i love your little list of positive things that make you happy.

Ps: i have also dropped $40 at yankee candel...they just smell really good.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

he he I don't usually mind animated movies. In fact Toy Story is like one of my top 13 favorite movies. But compare the main character dudes... not similar in the least bit. How dare they. How dare they change my book on me.




hahaha.

Newlyweds said... Reply To This Comment

I absolutely LOVE Gymboree! I am right there with on the fact that is they made clothes my size I would totally shop there. I also feel the same way about the Pumpkin Patch. LOVE that store! :)

sylvia said... Reply To This Comment

So it looks like you got the canon rebel xs. How do you like it? Have you posted pics that you've taken with it yet? You really are a great photog.

p.s. reading your blog makes me smile.

heidi lou said... Reply To This Comment

dinner was delicious. (except not. my salad was drenched in lemon juice.) your blog is adorable. as are you. it was great to meet you!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I dropped 12.99 at the PX for 2 Yankee candle refills and my house smells like pumpkin spice, so I know what you mean. Maybe a bit too soon, but the weather here is turning fallish! I had to laugh at the bracelet thing because Mike grabbed mine today off my dresser and said it reminded him of Wilma Flinstone! Ha Ha Ha! I too have had car batteries die in the driveway, so that's a blessing in disguise. I have to admit, I have never had one of you kids drop a shoe in the toilet, but then, you might not have enjoyed splashing water like Brody does. The last picture with the baby owl and Brody are so cute---it's those dang big eyes! I am so looking forward to Christmas! Love, Mother

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Just looked at my receipt, it was 10.00 at the PX (thank goodness for the PX). Anyway, I have to say I WANT to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs just to see if it does the book justice. It also makes me think of my own books that you will illustrate. Perhaps they too will be made into movies! Love, Mother