Saturday, August 29, 2009

One Great Week

Remember how Tony blogged? That was... super cute. : } So yah, like he said...I got older. Woo woo. Really, if anyone should get praise on birthdays it should be moms. Don't ya think? It's like their agony anniversary. But oh well, I'll take it. This year was especially grand. {I only have a few pictures, I didn't get them all from my mom's camera cards, dang it all} Eh, I'll get them later, you just won't see.  No need to sing happy bday to me again, just thought I'd tell ya what went down.

My birthday was filled with PERKS.

Picture4

Flying mi Madre in for 6 days! She arrived on the day of all days: my birthday/her "anniversary".

8-21-09227

Picture5

Receiving everything I could possibly want like a spoiled rich kid. Which really, I'm not. Yep, my fam-dam went all out and I'm truly grateful. For one- my piano is fixed! A year later.. but it's fixed! Thanks mom!

010

Picture6

Tony REALLY came through. Talk about best birthday present of all time. Not to worry, he'll get his.

canon-rebel-xs-camera

Picture7

Being one of 6 people dining at PF Changs for the evening. It was splendid. And late. Which was why it was so empty. But at least we got to take pictures and Tony wasn't completely humiliated. I often remind him to get used to it- since, I'm studying to be a pro-picture-taker. I'll always be up in his grill with my automatic flash. Yep. You know.

8-17-09 (9) 8-17-09 (2) 8-17-09

Picture8

Spreading the day out to two. Who doesn't love a year long birthday celebration! Yah, so. I got my hair did and ate more goodies. Woot for no roots.

8-18-09 (20)8-18-09 (22)

8-18-09 (36)8-18-09 (41)

Picture9

Brody started folding his arms for night time prayers. He totally has it down now... yippe! (Ohhhh...I'm not praying here, don't worry... my mom wouldn't snap pictures in the middle of a prayer. heh heh)

8-18-09 (30)

Picture10

Shopppeeeeeeng! I love shopping. Especially if I have dolla bills y'all. I take back what I said earlier, August 17th, and 18th, and the following several weeks.. are all mine. Sorry mom.

8-18-09 (14) 8-18-09

Picture1

214copyPicture2Then we went to California for Tony's office end-of-the-summer-vacation (the biggest reason we flew my mom in... thanks again mommy dear!). She watched the B-man and we were free to play like kindergarteners on our first day of school. It was... Sooomushhfun. I did NOT however bring my shiny new toy {camera}

Picture3

  • jet skis.

188 (2)copy190copy

  • Usurping ownership of someone's crab and setting him free.... Some intense crab catcher lady snatched him away from his crab family right as I let him go! UH! So I told her, NOoooOOOo!!! ... and she listened. Ima little protective.

213248copy

  • Going shopping with the girls and trying out a Jimmy Choo purse. Yah, it was $5,000. I bought it. Duh.

172copy158copy161copy

  • Watching the boys get trashed from the crazy waves at "The Wedge". One of the guys had to see a doctor after that cause he was in so much pain. (And people have died from those waves. But they didn't care...tough guys. "I'm a MAN! I'm forty!")

(that was for tony)

  • Eating the best meal of my life, I've decided. Me and another girl ordered two meals and split them...Crab legs, filet mignon, and sweet potato fries, oh and a pina colada, virgin of course. Even the asparagus spears were the best ever. Ohm-nom-nom

210copy2

  • another shopping trip- finding a cute top on sale for $4!
  • Poker games
  • sleeping in for the first time pretty much since I got prego.
  • Oh vacation.. how I needed you.

Picture111

      137153copy138141copy

143copy

202copy

148copy215copy

176copy

                   247copy

                     155copy

                     245copy

149250copy

You didn't think my birthday was over yet did you??? For shame!!!!

Picture11

On our drive home I bought myself a schnazzy purse at Cabazon in Cali (I used to work there back in the day).  Can we say, in love? We can.

8-21-09 (40)copy

26 lovely comments:

robynxx said... Reply To This Comment

sounds like you had a blast! Love that black Juicy bag and that Canon camera! My brother's got a Nikon one which I like to steal, hah :P

That beach is so nice! And PF Chang for the win. Awesome food fersuure :D

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

What a cool post! That week was awesome (for me too)! Brody and I had some great bonding time after you all split for California and the call of the waves! And it was fun to share your 24th with you!---yeah, you're still a baby, so no worries that you are Aging fast or anything, besides, you get better and better every year! Great pictures, even without the amazing camera. I will send you the rest of what I took Monday after work! ----Love, Mother

Monica said... Reply To This Comment

Good Choice on your Birfday dinner~ Me & Matt LOVE P.F. Changs!!!! Their lettuce wraps are to DIE for. YUMMERS!!! :) :) :)

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

sounds like an AWESOME burrrrfday.

yay!

:)

{Jamie} said... Reply To This Comment

Pretty slammin birthday! Mine was the 7th and I wish I could say it was half as good as yours! :) Love all the new pics! Happy Belated!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great time in California!

I so need a vacation!


Just wanted to let you know that I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog!! :)
http://hahahahawaitwhat.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-first-giveaway.html

Brett and Em Randall said... Reply To This Comment

What a great week!!! glad it was so muc fun!! you cant beat califonia!!! lurve da purse!!! love me some juicy!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Um.. so like best b-day ever!
Looks like so much fun.

And holy moly I totally agree with the "birth"day =mom's anniversary of agony..

anywho happy birthday again. And great pictures! I love the balloon ones :)

OH! One more thing. How old is Brody? My little man Mark just learned to fold his arms and I think its the cutest thing ever!
I bet our boys are pretty close in age.

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a great time! Oh and just wanted to thank you for mentioning P.F. Changs...a mention alone makes me salivate and crave the crispy honey shrimp and lettuce wraps! YUM....GET IN MY BELLY!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

I love that balloon picture it is so cool looking!

What program do you use to edit your photos? Photoshop?

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

Um you totally scored this birthday!! Happy birthday once again.

P.s Dont worry I celebrate birthdays for like a week.

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

The Wedge was the best! We got tossed and turned by those huge waves! Seriously, once you get caught by one you have absolutely no control over your body! Your like a rag doll! That was so much fun cuz we were a little scared to take on the waves since a guy died there doing the same thing a month ago!

Melissa Lundquist said... Reply To This Comment

Super cute blog! You are such a great mom. Yeah, the wedge had someone die there recently. So sad.

I loved this post. Happy Birthday!!!

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

You are hilarious Connie, HILARIOUS I TELL YA! Keep up the blogging today becauseit's going to be a loooong day at work.
:) Glad you had a great birthday and that you got to sleep in! woo! haha

Sara Crandall said... Reply To This Comment

cool post! Glad it was a great b-day.

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

Glad it was good birthday! Celebrate our last day of our birthday month!

Fiery Jack said... Reply To This Comment

I laughed real hard that you put up the "I'm a man! I'm forty!"

I have to admit I'm kinda impressed you knew about it. But I suppose with Tony as your husband you would.

P.S. - We're going to Cali this weekend and we're excited.

P.P.S. - Ask tony if i can come over on Saturdays and watch college football with him (we don't have a tv).

ashley and wes said... Reply To This Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! i ve been waiting for your pix.! they are awesome :)
Im all about extending my bday into a week long rendezvous!!! its my favorite... and since its in the summer, i've always been able to pull it off!!

I love brody folding his arms!!

A "cheery" disposition said... Reply To This Comment

wow! what a wonderful bday you had!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Connie,

Congratulations, you are the winner of the Juliasews bag!

If you send me your shipping address I will order the reserved bag and have it shipped to you!

Hope you are having a great day! :)

amy (aka Ha ha. Wait. What?)

Email: amyreneeburns(at)gmail(dot)com

Busy Bee Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

LOVING this post. May be my favorite so far!

Your photos slay me. Seriously...you are so talented.

Girl...I am loving your Juicy bag! Did you know I am obsessed with Juicy? Only my favorite store ever.

Loving all of your outfits.

And hi...your birthday isn't over because I am going to take you out for lunch or dinner. Want to go this week?!

firecrackers said... Reply To This Comment

ohh...what an awesome birthday! and what a lovely trip to Cali...i live here on the central coast in California and now i am moving away. sadness.

Inquiring Camera Girl said... Reply To This Comment

Connie... you're beautiful (I love the blond hair), Melody is beautiful too and looks exactly the same, and your family is adorable!

I'm glad you had such a memorable birthday - and enjoy your Canon! (Is that a Rebel? I love my Rebel..)

-Jaimers

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

uhmm hiii is that a canon x1i??!!

if so, we're twinners because I JUST GOT MINE IN TODAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY


ps your life is legit. can i be you? kaygreat.

salena said... Reply To This Comment

Look at you and your 24 comments!

I always love all your pictures and you're way awesome at documenting!

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Birthday!!! I'm in much need of a vacation also. So glad it was a good one.