Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Welcome home"

Not everything about moving to a new place went as smoothly as I hoped.  But do not be fooled, life couldn't be better.  And I've never meant that more. 

But I wasn't in love with...

 not having hot water for 10 days

Or  having to chase the trash truck down my block to get him to come back for my overflowing garbage can.  I didn't know what day to expect him!  But... he did turn around and get it (how nice..k, that part I loved).

006

Realizing I've been wasting water and money watering dirt.  Those days are over, my friends.

But I AM loving

being able to walk around my house and not have to worry about someone calling the office complaining about the level of noise.  Thanks for making me feel like an elephant, kind neighbor.  Don't miss that. 

And I like being able to walk outside and know 30 people aren't staring at me get into my car, unlike with apartment living.  Privacy is "tight" Bahahaha!

230 237

Also having a back yard for Brody to play (I've mentioned it before... it really is nice)

041

And that Tony surprised me by coming home early... he didn't like my reaction:  "whhaaaaat?"  But he knows I was super glad!

 

Before and Afters...

Remember the apples?  They're gone.  I decided not to add color to the kitchen walls so it's kinda plain but at least there are no apples...

Before                                                                                                  After                           

8-6-09 (49)8-6-09 (50)030

The guest bathroom.  And the FLOWERS.  I just added lots of decor and painted the walls.  I like it better...

8-6-09 (45)032

The living room was already painted and cute when we moved in but now it looks like a home with our stuff in it.  Ignore the toys jammed in the corners, though.

8-6-09 (46)027

I'm always worried our kitchen table will be too big or too tall but it ends up working out everywhere we move.

8-6-09 (47)029  

I was also ultra proud of myself for being able to hang this wall ledge.  It isn't a cakewalk.  But I got it pretty straight, and it's holding, for now, at least.  Whoop whoop!

028

There's so much to catch up on... but, not today. : }

14 lovely comments:

Sara Crandall said... Reply To This Comment

Much better!

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

so cute.

i love it.

yay!

:)

Newlyweds said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my goodness Connie... It is so darn cute! Keep posting pictures are you are getting settled in. I love seeing this kind of stuff. But I have to admit it makes me a little jealous because I would love to have a home of our own but that is at least 3 years out... but oh well. I'm so happy for you though.

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

You got rid of the apples and flowers?! Why? ha ha. Everything looks awesome!!

Staci said... Reply To This Comment

We have a table like that and I have pondered the same problem when moving, but like you said it always works out in the end!

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

Love your house! It looks great. Who doesn't have toys jammed in the corner?? Brody is so dang cute!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Your house is "tight!"
He he bahaha!
Glad Brody has a place to play :)

Nicole said... Reply To This Comment

Your blog is so cute.
And I love what you've done with your place and your little boy is super cute...EVEN cuter than your adorable blog. haha.

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

The place looks great! Getting rid of those apples was probably the best decision o' your life because seriously (no offense to the previous owners) but those things gave me some serious 2nd grade classroom flashbacks!!

Signe said... Reply To This Comment

I can't wait to see it! Remember my pics--watering the dirt really doesn't grow anything. Good idea to stop that one!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Can Brody be any cuter? And of course I love what you have done to the place. The guest bathroom alone is VERY ARizona as opposed to very 80's California Country! Keep up the great work on your family and home! Love, Mother

sylvia said... Reply To This Comment

you have a house!! so jealous. You got rid of the apples??! j/k.
It all looks lovely. Enjoy all of that wonderful privacy!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

connieee hiiiii come make my house prettyyy :]

The Daughter said... Reply To This Comment

I am so nervous about moving into my new place and having to redecorate...this gives me confidence!