Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"I don't know if you know this but. . .

I'm kind of a big deal." 

(Ha. jk. Ron Burgundy said that, not me)

But there IS something you all should know about me. 

I dream BIG.

 

When the going gets tough, I get going.

 

I work hard and eventually succeed

 

I never quit.

 

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW I KNOW THIS?  Well, I reached my summer long goal.  You see, the past couple weeks I've been working extra hard to hold off on my exercise... I've been eating junk food... and giving in to candy cravings... all for this moment.

5-28-09 015 (2)copy002 copy006 

I. consumed. the. Jumbo-size. snowcone. at. Eskimo Sno. WITH! cream. 

It wasn't easy.  In case you can't tell, that thing is massive.  Twice the size of my head.  People were staring.  And when I got about here, I wanted to quit, but I pushed through it.

017 

The best part was, I didn't have help. Ok, maybe a little.

022copy

I AM.... I want to say awesome... but really, I AM needing a run.  I could fly away with these arms, and it aint pretty.  That's OK... Tony and I are going to whip our butts in shape when we get back.  We're going to join the P90Xers.  Holler.p90x-logo

What else am I awesome at lately?

Well for one thing I think I am a little blog crazy lately.  Not like it's a bad thing or anything.... but the other night I had a dream  that I got over 1,000 comments on a post. HA!  I must have blogging on the brain.  So to make my dreams come true my roughly 9ish faithful commenter's need to write 111 comments each.  Have at ‘er. (please no) lol

What else makes me crazy?  This awesome song playing several times a day.  It's on a toy Brody has and... let's just say it's a good thing we have screens on our windows.  Cant-stand-jah!  (Seinfeld.)

or should I say...

Picture1

Moving on... to Brody!

0422091634b

He's all over.  Yesterday he climbed on top of our TV table and was walking along holding on to the TV.  He climbs up on our bed and couch now, and it's so cute.  But so much more work for me because he pushes off all the cushions over and over.  He's also a heavy drinker.  Very much so.  I give him soaked cereal for breakfast because he wont eat it dry.  And when he's done he drinks the milk off his tray.  It's hilarious to watch.

7-30-09 (10) 7-19-09 (6) 7-19-09 (9)

0007874222953_500X500

He also drinks at LEAST one of these a week.  It's a HUGE bottle.  How does he do it!?!!!!!  And did I mention i still dilute it with half water?  He drinks more than me, for real. 

RaNdOM PiCtuREs TakeN LaTeLY...

Not the greatest pic, but one of Tony and my date nights... Brody at a water park here, eating Doritos... Brody giving me his famous open mouth kiss- no one taught him that, it's just how he does it!  He's so cute too because he gives hugs and kisses whenever you ask!  And Tony and Brody in nursery at church.  No, B's not nursery age yet but we've been subbing for the last month and it's been so nice!

037227-15-09 (3)white water bay7-30-09 (5)7-30-09 (12)  7-16-09 Brody's 1st movie, Charlotte's Web (2)copy 7-30-09 (7)

I took Brody to the movies for the first time and he was surprisingly well behaved!  Most likely thanks to the movie junk food!  (i promise he eats right usually)

7-21-09 norman zoo 017

21 lovely comments:

Austin and Ashtyn said... Reply To This Comment

OHHH you have no idea how much I miss that stupid little shack!! I got one of those Eskimo Sno's EVERY single day of my Oklahoma days! :) Then went across to the Target across the way and walked it off! Oh have another big one with cream for me!

Busy Bee Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

You are too cute. And the best blogger around :)

I want to get a shaved ice thing!

And I want to do that work out. I hear its killer.

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

You sound like me right now. Im an eater but I dont want to work out. Theres no motivation on my end all though there should be because I dont know why we have to go through 9 months of misery being gigantic and then have saggy mom parts after. Where is the fairness in that?

Sara Crandall said... Reply To This Comment

you are too funny! Never a dull blog.

Brett and Em Randall said... Reply To This Comment

oh you make me want bahama bucks after seeing that! brody is so dang cute!!! i cant wait to get home and workout again!! im to tired everyday to do anything but sleep when i get home!

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

okay...what's with the P90X. I swear everyone is doing it and everyone swears by it. Let me know how it goes. I'm thinking about starting it.

I love your blog.

and now I want shaved ice.

yummy.

:)

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Brody is sooooo cute!!

Wow, I haven't had a shaved ice snow cone in years. I think I might go get one after work.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I agree with Lauren you are the best blogger. When I have blog dreams I dream that my posts are as cute and funny as yours :)

Love the open mouth kisses. My little man is the same way!

Oh yeah and that sound reminds me of Napoleon Dynomite...

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

One more comment for ya.. maybe you'll get 1000!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

Jasper does the open mouth kisses, they're so sweet. And then Mr. Attitude (Embry) just shakes his head and gives me the stink eye if I ask for a kiss.

Steven and I need to re-join all the p90X'ers. We totally fell off the wagon, hard. I feeling its that time again, I need the rest of this dumb weight off by the end of the year!

Signe said... Reply To This Comment

sugar craving, sugar craving! AAAAH!

robynxx said... Reply To This Comment

oooooh, massive snow cones! I could so use one of those in singapore what with this perpetual heat.

love it! :D

Becky and Brian said... Reply To This Comment

snow cone looks good! Dean is starting to climb all over as well he likes to climb on the couch. you are so creative in your blogging!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

I thought for sure I'd gross everyone out with that monster snowcone but instead everyone is craving one! lol! :D

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

okay connie, seriously, your blog is AWESOME. and HOLY SMOKERS LEMME AT THAT DIVINE PIECE OF FLAVORED SNOW. Not joking: when it comes to snowcones I am a bottomless pit. Srsly. Bahama Bucks has NOTHING on this. :]]

p90x! i wanna dooo it. me. you. lauren. cameras. p90x. it's a date. not implying either of you girls NEED that (you don't) it'd just be super fun. tehe. then we can endulge in costa vida. because we're cool like that. and defeat the purpose. with such class.

LOVE YOU

Tracy said... Reply To This Comment

Hey Connie, your blog is way cute! I'm glad everything is going good! - Brody is so cute and I have to agree with you about how crazy annoying the songs are on little kid toys!! They drive me crazy!!

also.. your blog has just inspired me to promptly leave my house, to go bahama bucks, and eat my weight in sugary deliciousness! thanks!

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

That shaved ice thing looked really good--great to share the freezoni time with you, Brody, and Mike! If I know Brody, he probably helped you finish that ginormous thing, no problem! See ya' soon! I guess Brody and I will have to have a Grandma, Grandson shaved ice time! Love, Mother

JED said... Reply To This Comment

boy, am I slow... here it is the 9th and there has already been 17 comments.

The snow cone thing does not appeal. Ice and cream just don't go together, oh, wait, I guess they do...

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

I am so scared of P90X!! Are you guys joining a class or getting the videos?

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

we're getting the videos! We'll see how well I can keep up with it :p

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

I'm cheering you on!! Go Connie! Keep us posted on this P90X thing. My husband really wants me to do it with him.