Sunday, August 9, 2009

100th post & a year of blogging

Should I throw a party?  Nah.  Anyways, well hello.  I've been packing and unpacking for forever and I'm just about done... but I decided I needed a break.  SO here I am.  I went back and looked at some of my early posts and found out I have changed a lot in just one year.  Some great, some not so great.
Since august 08 I have....
  • decided on a major (for reals this time)
  • didn't read any books on the "list I'm working on"
  • dyed my hair.  It was a monumental occasion
  • found Hershey's s'mores bars at a dusty old gas station in the middle of nowhere, the search is over.
  • gained 7 lbs.  Probably because of those s'mores bars.  And the fact that I'm not training for a race...right now.
  • decided i will never go to JC Penny's ever again for family pictures.  What was I thinking?!?!  They are over-priced for the amount of pictures you actually get and they are cheesy to the max. (no offense)
  • realized why everyone said I had a chubby baby.  I honestly didn't see it.  Looking back, I do.  I so do.  Brody's the best!
  • moved to two different places
  • still haven't fixed my piano
  • still haven't scrapbooked since I started blogging.
  • went back to school
  • wrote "his hands" and "brody's lullaby"
  • and a whole lot more but I'm bored of this list
Hmm... my goals for the next 12 months will be to catch up on scrapbooking (who am i kidding), fix my piano, and read at least one book on my list.  I'd actually rather write than read... probably why I've filled more journals than I've read books in my life.  So one book will take some time.  No, I'm not proud of it.
MOVING ON... I came across this crumpled up shirt in Tony's luggage and thought I'd get your opinion on it.  It get's a lot of attention when he wears it.  (Wonder why)  Meh-nyways, I won't share my thoughts yet because I want to hear yours!!!   :D  So....
What would you think of your husband wearing this to school?  AY?  there's no right or wrong opinion
3786
Just wondering. Arg.
Anywho, I better go unpack some more.  Brody's been a big help.  Soon I'll tell you about my trip... since, you know, there is so much to talk about in a two day- nothing-but-driving- road trip.  And.... I'll get to finally read your blogs.
37903793

11 lovely comments:

Bryce and Bree said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my heck Connie...Bryce has that same exact shirt...from the mish right? Haha I about died. The funny part is...I'm the one who always wears the shirt. It's my scrub shirt and I wear it everywhere. So maybe you should start stealing it from him!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

That shirt is hilar!

Happy Blog-oversary!!!!

Love you!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

S'MORES BARS?!?! HWHATT?!?! ok those are my favorite until they magically disappeared off the face of the candy-earth.

goshdangit why is your blog so cute?? hwhhy??

Brett and Em Randall said... Reply To This Comment

I have a shirt like that but mine says "surrender the booty" i secretly wish i was a pirate... any ways good luck with your list, i have a ton of things i need to do when i get back. cant wait!

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

I love the shirt. I once had a shirt that said Pirates ARRR cool. So I like anything pirate. Happy 100th post!! Look at little brodster. he is so cute.

salena said... Reply To This Comment

I love the shirt ..I would steal it from my husband!

I'm glad you are finally (almost) settled. Thats the best feeling..Just make sure you open every box and bag. One time when we moved we threw all our boxes in one of the spare rooms and (MONTHS) later I was going through an open box and opened up a grocery bag with 2 poopy diapers from the day we had moved.. I remember sticking them by the door and I guess someone helping us move threw the bag in one of the boxes. I'm suprised I didnt smell it in the room, the bag mustve contained it pretty well. YUMM.. nothing smells better than aged POopy diapers, I almost passed out by the smell!

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Yay I'm glad you guys are back! If you want to get any unpacking done in the evenings you can drop brody off with us.

What books are on your list? We could read them together...and I'd make you do it.

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

The vote on the shirt--definately depends on your thought process, for me, well, he is a salesman and salesman are always looking to make money---I prefer to think of it that way! As for the move, what a cool thing to "move up" in life and get Brody some room to run! Congratulations! Love, Mother

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

He he!! My high school mascot was a pirate. Those shirts were all over the place! Very cool.
Happy Blog-iversary!!

Melissa Lundquist said... Reply To This Comment

I love your blog! It's great! Thanks for the comment on Lauren's blog. You are so sweet. Your blog is great.

JED said... Reply To This Comment

AHOY MATIE! He was looking for yer bootie sweetie! AAARRR!