Monday, July 13, 2009

Oops

I’m so embarrassed. . .

…….

…OK, I’m visiting my family right now- obviously away from blogging and the like.  BUT, I tore myself away for a few minutes to check out my blog.  It was then that I realized something tragic!

So to let y’all know, I use a program other than blogger to write my posts.  I’ve been adding fun fonts to posts randomly- to give it a little something extra.  No biggie.  But as I was scrolling around my blog, I realized my parents computer did not support the font.  And yours probably doesn’t either.  (Because I’m a font addict and download fun fonts a lot)  In other words, my computer at home allows me to see it online, but a computer that doesn’t have the font downloaded, won’t see it.  So while I was thinking I was sporting a cute flower in the middle of a post, I actually had this:

F

And it was right as I was talking about dreading starting school.  Made sense.  Too much sense.  And of course, It was all ginormous… and definitely sending a message I wasn’t intending.  This blog is family-friendly… promise.  That was NOT what it looked like!   It was supposed to be a flower from a font called “pea stacey’s doodles”.  So much for that great idea. Goodness.

Sadly, there have been others… I had “smiley faces” and other “doodles” that just ended up looking something like OQCN or L79ER… *sigh. Awesome.  I look like I can’t type or have something seriously wrong upstairs.  But I can! (type) and there’s not anything wrong upstairs! (that I’m aware of).  Anyway, now that that’s cleared up, I won’t be blogging gibberish any longer!  Heh. heh. (Maybe you didn’t even notice?  Oh well :)

p.s. I removed the offensive “f” in case anyone is wondering… lol.

10 lovely comments:

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

I love fun fonts and totally have that font on my computer! That's a great site for free fonts!

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

Your posts always look fine on my computer :-)

Mom said... Reply To This Comment

Perhap my computer is unique! I DON'T MIND seeing letters and numbers on my computer! I never really saw anything out of the ordinary anyway! Keep blogging the way you are doing it---most people you blog to have updated computers with all the right fonts, so don't change just for us! Love, Mother

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

He he! Nope.. good on my end. No offensive flowers!

Lecia said... Reply To This Comment

Scandalous! The bad news is, I must be immune to ginormous F's because I didn't even notice it. I feel so 'of the world' now.

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

ahahahaha this post just made my day. so funny.

i love cute fonts too!

:)

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Hey Girl!!
To thank you for your help with the font business I gave you an award. Your blog is "lovely"!
Go to my blog to check it out :)

Inquiring Camera Girl said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, I have several questions for you.

1) What kind of blog program do you use? It looks different than any blog I've seen, and I love it. I might just have to steal it to spruce up my own blog.
2) What kind of camera do you have?
3) How can one person be so talented? You're not only the best pianist I've ever heard, you're also an awesome photographer. And you're beautiful - and a good wife and mom - all on top of that!

Connie (and Tony) said... Reply To This Comment

Jaime Jo, I love you. Thanks for the copious compliments... I really needed that today. It's been one of THOSE, and it made my day!
I'll email ya...

Nancy Face said... Reply To This Comment

Gosh, you are so cute! The ginormous F that is REALLY supposed to be a flower cracks me up! :)

I am too dumb and lame-o to have any idea how to download fun fonts!