I got to visit my awesome parents and bro for 5 days; and it was loads of fun. I came home a little fatter, sticky, and exhausted. But it was SOFUN. It was my longest plane ride with just Brody and me…it was hard. But fun. But really tiring. I learned a lot…
1. DO leash your child. I have NO problem leashing Brodyman. I swore back in
the day that it was cruel and unusual punishment; and I would have no part in it. But it helped me more than I can say… oh, it was great. Besides, he loved wearing it; and cracked up every time it pulled him.
2. DO bring suckers on long drives and airplane rides. It kept Brody occupied for at least 30 minutes. WOOT.
4. DO find a place to let your active one year old tire himself out at.
I really need to scope out a park like this one in AZ. It was the bomb, and Brody had the time of his life, so we went twice.
5. Do NOT bring your fave sunglasses on a trip, they WILL inevitably get busted.
6. DO realize my baby is not a baby anymore… riding trains all by himself.
7. Do NOT ride this ride if you ever find yourself at Hershey Park. You’ll be wasting your time. I’m pretty sure It’s actually an ILLUSION.
The first time Mike and I tried to ride it we waited for over an hour in line… we were second to the front when we heard “attention, due to bad weather we will be closing this ride.. blah blah blah”. It was cloudy, but 15 minutes later started pouring. Fine. Later on that night the sun came out and we rode more rides and it was a blast
After a few rides we decided to go back to that roller coaster and make it our last ride of the day. We waited for another hour and got to the front! We sat down, got STRAPPED IN…. and, “attention. Due to bad weather….”
They unstrapped us and made us leave! We couldn’t stop cracking up. Totally something that would happen to me.
8. DO NOT think you are smarter than the weather man (I usually do). Bring an umbrella if you hear the forecast calls for a downpour. We drove home soaked, freezing, and frizzy. Or, at least I did.
9. Do bring cash in case you go to Target or Costco for more than an hour… they CHARGE for parking. Target!!! That should be illegal.
10. DO shop for new sunglasses on street corners in DC. Cost me 5 bucks…which means more bills in ma pocket… cha-ching.
11. DO NOT allow grandma to buy hot pink pacifiers, EVEN if that’s all they have. Doesn’t feel right.
13. DO try authentic Vietnamese food. That is, if you’re awesome. OK, I was skeptical but it was TASTE-TEE.
14. But DO NOT eat HERE at Hershey Park… unless you like wasting your dad’s money and eating charcoal. You know, whatever.
15. DO give the B-man up to the parents and bro for as long as possible, whenever possible. My arms felt like they were going to fall off after the first day of traveling. Plus he loves them. And I need a break.
OK maybe not.
(just kidding guys)