Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Colorful Taco Pasta

This is seriously one of my favorite meals. I got the idea in a healthy food cookbook, but I modified it a little. It’s really really easy to make, too!

What you need:

  • Ground beef (enough to feed your family, it will vary)
  • Your favorite kind of noodles. I prefer bow tie or tri-color spirals with this meal.
  • tomato
  • shredded cheese
  • chopped iceberg lettuce
  • green onions
  • taco seasoning (i use the McCormick packet of mild taco seasoning)
  • avocado (optional, but I recommend it!)
  • sour cream (optional, Tony is the only one who likes it;)

To make, boil noodles according to package directions. Brown ground beef and add in chopped green onions and taco seasoning. While you wait for your noodles, chop your tomato, avocado, and lettuce. Let your noodles sit in the hot water for 5 minutes once they are done. Then drain.

Put noodles on plate and pile the rest of your toppings on- meat, lettuce, avocado, tomato, and cheese. And ENJOY!

025027

here I used penne noodles, and it’s still so delicious!

4 lovely comments:

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Looks delish :)

Signe said... Reply To This Comment

I like when you post recipes. My brother sure got a good deal when he got married. Cute girl, huge creative streak, excellent cook, photographer, mom, etc..... I think I could go on for a while.

wowteacher@hotmail.com said... Reply To This Comment

I can't believe I didn't comment! Man, this taco pasta sounds wonderful. I think I will make it tonight before we go to the Temple--I just have to buy hamburger and bow tie pasta. I love your blogs! Love, Mother

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

I just made this for my birthday dinner tonight!!!! But, I didn't have avocados---those would have made them better, but they were still delish!